“Great fish” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Healthy
Columbus, Ohio
“Great fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

The fish, walleye and whitefish, in their fish dinners was perfect: good flavor and quantity. The cold slaw was so so and the fries were cold, though. In terms of smoked fish, I purchased half a pound of smoked whitefish and was tempted to drive out of my way to go back and get more! Moist, tender, and just enough smoke, not dry and chemical tasting as like some I've had the misfortune to taste. For fish, come here for sure, but perhaps skirt the other items (my brother did not care for the brisket sandwich: tough, bland, and barely warm).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Laguna Beach, California
“great fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Best place in town for fish... whether it's a salmon pate to take home, a slab of smoked fish to do likewise or stopping in for a flash fried fish dinner. I recommend perch for the latter.

Visited July 2013
Frankfort, Michigan
“Great Fresh and Smoked Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am usually here at least once a week. Yellow Perch, Bluegill, Walleye, Whitefish, Lake Trout all are extremely fresh and ready for you to fry up in a light beer batter.

As good are some of their other offerings. I put aside a bit of their thick-sliced double-smoked bacon for when I have company.

With fresh food like they offer, it is hard not to like.

Visited July 2013
Goshen, Indiana
“To Die For PERCH!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had heard raves about the fish so on our last night in town, we got 5 take out perch dinners for our family. Yummo!!!!!!! We each had like a half pound of the yummy goodness in our bags and every one of us cleaned our plates. We'll be back!!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Surprisingly Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Went here for the first time this year, and were pleasantly surprised. I got their salmon wrap and my husband got their fried whitefish dinner. We are not big fish people, but he was in the mood for "fish & chips." They fried the fish up for us right there, but the wraps were pre-made. I was worried, but the smoked salmon was light and mixed with plump dried cherries, which worked for it. The whitefish was also good, served with crinkle-cut fries and creamy coleslaw. Also had a great variety of fresh and frozen fish, some snacks and drinks. They have some tables, but this is more of a take-out place. They wrapped it up nicely for us and we had a picnic on the beach. Would definitely go back!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere