“Had a great time staying here!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wayfarer Lodgings

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frankfort
Wayfarer Lodgings
1912 South Scenic Highway, Frankfort, MI 49635   |
Sparta, Michigan
“Had a great time staying here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Found them on the Internet, once we decided we wanted to travel to the Frankfort, Michigan, area, for a quick weekend get-away. We wanted something other than a traditional hotel/motel, and my husband is not a fan of B&B's. The Wayfarer turned out to be perfect! We had our own accommodations, including the great, fully equipped, kitchenette, which allowed us to bring some foods with us, and enjoy the items we purchased at the nice Frankfort Farmer's Market. The rustic cabins were cute and clean, and convenient for us going back and forth to various places. We were also very thankful for the great advice from the hostess, Iris, on where to eat and what to see. She and her husband, Mike, are so sweet and fun! Would stay here again! :)

Room Tip: Cabin #6 has the queen bed option. :)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

During Sep. & Oct. my husband and I spent two long weekends and I spent one by myself. We were greeted by Iris who is friendly and knowledgeable about the area and willing to help with anything you need. Our cottage had a lovely window box full of flowers with nasturtiums (one of my favorites) trailing down. The cottage was open and ready for us when we arrived. The attention to detail clearly demonstrates how much Mike and Iris care about their business and their guests. We were there off season, but the other guests I encountered were all friendly and respectful of each other. I have loved the area for about 25 years, visiting off and on as a guest at my cousin's cottage or on my own. I have only just discovered WL, but will return to stay from now on whenever I can. The selfish part of me wishes they were open during the winter, but I'm sure that part of the great service Iris and Mike provide is related to being able to take some time for themselves, as well!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Glenview, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've been coming to the Benzie County area since I was 10. Now, at age 22 I've finally found the perfect place to stay. On a beautiful, semi-wooded piece of property sits Wayfarer lodgings. Mike and Iris are the most friendly, authentic, and honestly down to earth innkeepers I've ever met. So spunky and ready to give recommendations. If you like to feel like one of the family, this is the place for you. The cabins are perfect-just enough amenities, but nothing to take away from the simple ambiance of up north. Nice trails on property, and a pleasant after-dinner walk away from the shore. I honestly can't think of one thing I'd change about my stay. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place so much that my family and extended family are coming back again next July. Can't wait!! We loved the area and our side trips to familiar haunts in Empire and Glen Arbor. The beach, the fireworks, the parade on the 4th are memories we love!

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

for a touch of nostalgia, a reminder of how the world used to be, these simple but comfortable cottages from the '20s are a treat. small yes, but with knotty pine panelling and curtains with bass striking flies, a tidy little kitchen, classic metal lawn chairs and adirondack chairs, plenty of picnic tables and grills. iris was cheerful, welcoming, and friendly. the often empty beach is a pleasant walk away. the only disadvantage is that the cottages are close to a busy road. i'm hoping to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Blanc, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was the second time we stayed here for a one night golf trip to Arcadia Bluffs which is close by. The cabins are clean, comfortable and close by Frankfort which has plenty of good places to eat. Showers are hot and there are plenty of cabins to accommodate 12+ golfers. Iris and Mike are great and full of personality. Take the time to visit with them during your stay. Don't expect high end when you stay here, or a pool and fitness center. But do expect good beds and real people.

Room Tip: Review the cabin pictures on the website.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lapeer, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have driven by this property several times. We thought it looked cute, and we liked the location. We are big fans of Elberta Beach and this place is very close. We made reservations several months prior and had been looking forward to our stay. The owner sent us a text to let us know our cabin was ready for us. We thought that was a very nice touch. Check in was very pleasant. We enjoyed talking with the owner and she gave us many suggestions on places to go and things to do. We stayed in cabin 6. It was an adorable little cabin with a refridgerator, stove, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, dishes, etc. There were serveral grills available to use. The bathroom was tiny but the shower was HOT! The bed was a little firm for our liking but we didn't have any problems falling asleep. The cabin didn't have air conditioning but we were able to use the ceiling fan and lake breezes to keep our cabin comfy.There was a short trail leading to the beach. It made it handy to go for a walk on the beach without having to drive a few miles. We enjoyed our stay here. I am sure we will be back again.

Room Tip: The cabins with a kitchenette are handy and can help you save a few dollars on meals if you don'...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wayfarer Lodgings? Share your experiences!