“Tasty treasure” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
“Tasty treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Terrific food. I had a smoked fish fetuccini which I would never have thought to order, but would do so again and again. Creative cuisine in a friendly white tablecloth atmosphere. I believe there is a dining area with a view of the harbor, as well. We'll definitely be back when we are in the area!

Visited October 2013

Frankfort, Michigan
“Puzzling Lack of Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Visited after the summer hordes left in order to have a more relaxed time on my spouse's birthday. Coho was less than 1/4 filled when we showed up. We've dined here before (both with the old and new owners) and enjoy their preparation and the interesting items on tap, including some from St. Ambrose Meadery that they make for the trade and don't offer commercially.

As usual, the preparation was good. The service was miserable. After our meals came I asked the waitress where the bread was . . . her response, with a nervous giggle "Well, I'll give you double when you come in next time." Still no bread. Next time? With an attitude like that, an attitude that stinks on ice, there probably will not be a next time.

I had the Ostrich Strogonof and my spouse the Salmon special. Both were tasty, and served hot with a good presentation.

After having eaten our entree, the check was dumped on our table - nothing about coffee, nothing about desert. Again puzzling to both of us and left me wondering why such service when we could see attentive service at larger tables? That amateur, flippant, mood-killing, service doesn't befit this restaurant. So my overall rating reflects that.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis
“Cute town, good location GREAT food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Visited this restaurant while staying with friends who live in the area. We each had a different menu item as well as delicious salads and soup d'jour. We were all very happy with our choice of food and even happier with our bottle of wine. To top off such a great meal we all managed to share large slice of carrot cake for dessert. Perfect!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Bend, IN
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We found the food high-priced and average at best. Not a bad experience, but not good enough to return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Let's Go Coho”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I ate here alone on a Friday night, wasn't stigmatized for soloing, got great service and a great tasting duck for $22. Most people ask for rear deck seating overlooking Lake Betsie but I prefer the front window seat, watching Frankforters come and go. Clean as a whistle and the manager pays a call on everybody to thank them for stopping by. What more do you want?

• Visited August 2013