“Centrally located” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Waterloo, Canada
“Centrally located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great place to stay whether with kids or just a group of friends hanging out together for a fun weekend away. All the amenities at this location with pool and breakfast. Central to shopping (including Birch Run outlets), Bavarian atmosphere, gift shops, breweries, wineries and good eateries

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Falkville, Al.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed three nights and our Sons & wifes and Grandsons stayed two nights. Danial and staff made our stay worth the trip from Ala. to Mi. to have a birthday party with our sons and family. Have you ever stayed in a hotel that the staff cleaned the snow off the vehicle and around the vehicle, before you wanted to use the car? I haven't. We have stayed at a more expensive hotel in frankenmouth, that did NOT provide the service Daniel and staff did. I have traveled all over the USA with ship reunions, a lot of the hotels were more expensive, that did not measure up with the Fairfield Inn & Suites. WE have a submarine reunion scheduled for next year in Reno, Nv. I will try to get the reunion committe to book at one of the Marriott hotels. The fairfield Inn suites have an senior discount. Breakfast, waffles, bisuit and eggs, cereal, coffee,milk, orange juice, bagals. We had plenty to eat for breakfast. A pool, and hot tub, exercise room and friendly people to make you feel at home. We will be back at this hotel and stay at other Marriott hotels. Thanks Danial and staff. Don & willene Curbow & family

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Saint Clair, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was looking for a last minute getaway to little bavaria and the Fairfield INN was clutch. While most hotels were sold out the INN had last minute specials available via their website. Normally, I am a bit skeptical of the only hotel not sold out, but this one delivered.
While up the hill a bit from the heart of town, it is by no means out of walking distance. Sure you find some hotels in various places that say this only to find out its a small marathon away from town. Not the case here. I got the larger king room, which is worth the few extra bucks. Came with a couch area next to the bed.
The hotel itself is directly across the street from the brewery which is also convenient. Most people go for the bavariann inn or zehnders but having spent time at both you will realize the bavariann inn is actually kind of old and gross and zehnders is good for children but both do not deliver on the price.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the larger king room. Its just a few bucks more and will make your trip that much better...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Harrison Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is the second year my wife and I came to Frankenmuth to run the Winterlaufe 8k . Both years we stayed at the Fairfield Inn. Both times were great! Liked everything about the place. Looking forward to next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our Corvette Club takes trips to Detroit for the Woodward Dream cruise every year and we add side trips to interesting places. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Frankenmuth for the first time but it will not be the last. The hotel is Swiss in design and is located on the main street and has ample secured parking for our cars. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were clean, modern and the beds were very comfortable. We could walk to all the restaurants and shops. The drive to Bronmers was only 5 minutes.away. I enjoyed my stay and the price was right.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We last stayed at the Fairfield Inn four years earlier in 2008. I think at that time it had just been freshly renovated and redecorated, so it left a great impression. This time around, some of the shine had worn off.

First off, I must mention how terrific the staff was. Being Canadian, I took advantage of our US hotel stay to have MANY packages (Christmas present purchases) delivered to the hotel from online retailers who would not ship to Canada (I think there were 8-10 in total). Everything was there upon check-in, stacked neatly on a cart. I offered to pay a "handling fee" but they would not accept it.

While waiting to check-in I noticed that the lobby was looking a little worn compared to four years earlier. Even though it was a very cold early evening, the gas fireplace was not on (or broken), chairs were sort of scattered everywhere, and the carpet could have used a good vacuuming.

The rickety elevator just fit me, my luggage and the large cart with all of the online purchases. I was pleased that the room looked better than the lobby, but some of the upholstered furniture could use a good steam cleaning. Don't get me wrong-- it didn't seem dirty-- but it just didn't feel 'pristine' as it had before.

We chose the Fairfield Inn because we wanted to be downtown for easy access to shops and the Bavarian Inn for dinner. I thought the Fairfield might actually be closer to the restaurant than the Bavarian Inn itself, but obviously my memory was failing me, because it was about a 10 minute walk (downhill on the way there, uphill on the way back-- a little challenging for my 80 year old mother).

The included breakfast the next morning was a little sad, but probably what should be legitimately expected of a 2 1/2 star hotel. We ended up getting lattes from down the street, and additional pastries from Zehnders as we browsed the shops (not a lot of variety-- easy to do in an hour).

On our next trip to Frankenmuth I would probably return to the Bavarian Inn or Drury Inn, or try the Marv Herzog Inn, unless the Fairfield Inn was offering a terrific promotion.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
drhall, Manager at Fairfield Inn Frankenmuth, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I did check your stay history, and you are correct: the last time you stayed with us was immediately following our last renovation. Since that time, Fairfield has adopted a newer, more modern-looking package for it's hotels, and we look forward to adopting that standard within the next year or so.

I wanted to take a moment to let you know that, beginning April 1st, 2013, Fairfield will be offering a Hot Breakfast, featuring scambled eggs and a rotation of either bacon or sausage. We are excited about his new standard, and we hope you get to take advantage of it next time you are in the area.

Thanks for staying with us! We're glad to have you as a guest, and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the States.

Daniel Hall, General Manager
Grand Blanc, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here the past weekend. It served the purpose, but would have been disappointed of i were not staying on points. There was a hair on a pillow, the breakfast selection was non existent, we skipped it. The overall feel of the hotel was old. The elevator was questionable. The staff was wonderful and always greeted us. I could understand if it was a level one marriott, but not a level 4. Just because it is in an area with a lot of festivals and events, doesn't mean you can get lazy. 20000 points for motel 6 quality, not again.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank for for taking the time to post a review about our hotel.

First, I would like to apologize that you found a hair on your pillow. Obviously, that is not acceptable. Cleanliness is of utmost importance in the hotel industry, right up there with great customer service. My staff cares very much about their guest's experiences, and two of my housekeepers have begun wearing hairnets - on their own accord - since you submitted your review.

As for the Marriott Rewards Category level... unfortunately we as the hotel, management company, and owners have no control over that. This is set by Marriott based on the previous year's occupancy, rate, and demand. I do agree with you, however, that there should be no room to "slack". As mentioned before, my staff and I take our guest's comments seriously, and are always adjusting our approach to best fit their needs.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in Frankenmuth.

Regards,
Daniel Hall, General Manager

Been to Fairfield Inn Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!