“Nice quiet stay in Frankenmuth” 4 of 5 stars

The Marv Herzog Hotel
501 S. Main Street, Frankenmuth, MI 48734   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Buffalo, New York
“Nice quiet stay in Frankenmuth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed along with another couple on a motorcycle trip to Frankenmuth. We really enjoyed our stay. Our rooms were across the hall from each other so we all got to enjoy the views from both sides of the hotel. Being on motorcycles, we greatly appreciated the underground parking. We all enjoyed the included breakfast, happy hour drinks and snacks. The location is great, we walked to everything. Wonderful place for couples. Kids would probably be bored as there is no pool or other activities for them. Patio on the river is a nice place to enjoy the happy hour drinks. My only suggestion would be to do something about the ramp onto the patio. The cones are not enough to warn folks of the little "step" on the sides....you need a railing to stop people from stepping off the side of the ramp. Saw a couple people almost fall, including myself! All in all, we had a very nice stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Just back back from an impromptu trip to frankenmuth. Took my 6 year old son, 5 year old nephew and my sister. Spent the day down the street at the waterpark, but didn't want to stay at a loud hotel. Stopped by from the great trip advisor reviews. Ended up with a 2nd floor room with a lovely view of the river. Received 2 wine/beer tickets a piece for the adults and we treated our kids to a little soda drink at the 5-7 reception. It was so lovely! Fresh veggies and dip, a wonderful assortment of cheeses and sausages and crackers, pretzels and more. Our kids were thrilled. The lobby was filled with Marv Herzog memorabilia. Quaint. Super clean. The staff was so friendly and it really was a nice time during cocktail hour. What a nice view from the patio!

Our room had 2 queen beds, and a lovely balcony over looking the river. The beds were very comfy. I stay at Hampton inns quite often and would put this hotel on the same level as them. We slept like babies. Room was clean, had a nice tv and fridge.

Breakfast was better than expected! The chef of the day was so friendly. Made homemade waffles, had biscuits and gravy and sausage. So nice. Coffee was good. I recommend!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Clean hotel & rooms. We had a nice room with a beautiful river view & balcony. Staff were friendly & helpful. Wonderful location within walking distance to everything. We weren't big on the included breakfast...fake eggs etc.

• Stayed August 2014
Apollo, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stayed here for a night with m boyfriend passing through Michigan. Very friendly staff. We had a beautiful clean room on the ground level. There was no noise and it was honestly one of the best night sleeps I've ever had in a hotel. The beer and wine reception in the evening was wonderful and the snacks were great. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful! We were walking distance away from all of my favorite places and restaurants. Parking was under the hotel and was free. The hotel was a great price for being right in the middle of it all in downtown.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Grand Blanc, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We had a balcony room overlooking the river - wonderful in the evening and the morning. There's also a patio out back that was very pleasant. Very comfortable bed and pillows. Snacks and wine/beer in the evening was quite hearty, and the breakfast was great. Overall, a great place to stay in Frankenmuth - within walking distance of everything. I'd definitely come here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was my second time in Frankemuth but my first time staying at the Marv Herzog Hotel. This is one of the smaller hotels in the area. It is within walking distance to all the local attractions except for Bronner’s which is less than a 5 min drive. It is also about a 15 mins drive to the Birch Run outlet mall. We arrived an hour before check in and there were no issues to get us checked in early and the staff were very friendly. There is one front desk staff member which I felt was enough. If they were busy there was phone that you take off the hook and it rings in the back which alerts the hotel staff that help is needed at the front desk. The rooms were average, they were a nice size, had comfy beds and pillows. Each room has a balcony attached to it which I LOVED! I would go out in the morning a drink my coffee while watching people walk the streets. There are two sides you can stay on, the street view side or the riverside. We stayed on the street view side which is a little noisier (you can hear the traffic and any loud people walking the streets at night) but I would stay on the street side again. It was the shaded side in the mornings while the riverside was full sun in the morning and I enjoyed people watching in the mornings from my balcony which you wouldn't get from the river view (which would be much quieter). The room had a bathroom with a large vanity to spread out all of my toiletries on. I found the shower to be very spacious and a high shower head which I appreciate being almost 6 feet. The hotel isn’t the quietest you could hear people in the halls at night however I don’t understand why people feel the need to talk loudly in the halls at night when staying in a hotel! You could also hear the street traffic in the morning (there isn't much at night) so if you are a light sleeper riverside would be better for you to sleep in. The breakfast buffet is free and is average with lots of variety to choose from (eggs, toast, sausage, homefries, oatmeal, muffins, donuts, waffles, juice and coffee). The Chef that was in charge of breakfast was a little much for me. She was very nice but didn't know when to stop talking. The first morning we ate quickly before she came to our table to talk and the second morning we decided to eat outside on the patio to enjoy a quiet breakfast. However if you are a talker and don’t mind having someone stand over you while eating you would enjoy her. The hotel also offers a free happy hour from 5-7pm each night where each person gets 2 free beverages (beer, wine or soda) and a few snacks (chips, pretzels, veggies & dip, soup and baked potato) we took advantage of this each night and sat out on the patio which was very quiet. They have underground parking at this hotel which is free. I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it for an adult getaway. There are no pools at this hotel but most of the other hotels in the area have a pool which may be more suited to kids if you were travelling with them.

Room Tip: If you want quiet go with the riverside view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Arrived early, employee was friendly and was able to get us a room right away which was nice. Room was spacious and very clean on the main floor. Loved the snacks ( carrots & celery, salad, baked potato, soup, chips, pretzels and 2 drinks/pers (beer & wine) which were served between 5-7, and breakfast had a good selection and very filling. (Scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, biscuits & gravy, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, apples, oranges , juice and coffee.) Loved the location just steps away from the heart of shopping and restaurants. The frankenmuth brewery restaurant is on the right side hotel about a two minute walk, good food and convient location with the rainy weather we had during our stay. This hotel is definitely more of an adult hotel, no pool, which was nice as it was a couple day retreat away from our teens. The free hotel parking is located right underneath the hotel which was nice as it was raining when we left. We will definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Marv Herzog Hotel? Share your experiences!