The family spent the night during the Bavarian festival. The hotel staff was great helpful, and friendly. The rooms were nice with comfortable beds. We really liked the idea that there was a fridge and microwave in the room. There were only 2 negative issue that we had. First being that we were in Frankenmuth during the festival we were gone most of the day and didn't get back to the room until 8 pm. Our girls really wanted to go the the Splash park, but by the time we got to the room and changed they only had about an hour 1/2 to use the park that night since it all closed at 10pm. Speaking of closing at 10, at about 9:40 several of the lifeguards started closing down their areas. At around 9:45 / 9:50 most of the areas were closed and the lifeguards were all gathering in one area impatiently waiting to completely close the water slides. I even heard one of the say they wanted to close early because they had a party to get to. The second issue was with breakfast. We had the eat and stay package, which by the way is the way to go to save a bunch of money. When we were seated for breakfast we had no idea what to do. We didn't know if it was a buffet or we had to order off the menu. It was all a bit confusing. Overall it was a great MUCH needed weekend getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel and Waterpark offers 146 deluxe accommodations including 63 new suites. Enjoy over 30,000 sq. ft. of aquatic fun with our Splash landing play area, Dumping Bucket, Giggling Gorge and Perilous Plunge 4 story tube slides. Relax in the whimsical whirl hot tub or just float along the Crooked Brook Creek lazy river. For the landlubber have fun at our new arcade or lunch at Elf hollow cafe. A towering 26-foot tree is a prominent feature in the new hotel lobby with a large gas fireplace built into the trunk. Zehnder's Splash Village includes elves and fairies as part of the waterpark and hotel's overall theme. Complimentary shuttle service is available to Zehnder's Restaurant and the Fortress golf course. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Zehnder`s Splash Village Hotel And Waterpark
- Zehnders Splash Village Frankenmuth
- Zehnders Splash Village Hotel Waterpark