We were debating on this water park and another one. We had never visited this location before. We were surprised by the fact that adding a crib was an extra charge(this would have been free at the other water park)to our room yet we saw at least 4 in the hallway right outside our room. The water park was nice but a lot of the things in the park didn't work in the bucket area. The alligator was broken and yet still in the pool. The turtle in the baby area also did not work. We have 3 kids 10, 2, and 1 year old they were all entertained somewhat and really enjoyed the time there but did get bored after about 2 hours. However the women's and men's locker rooms were a huge disappointment!! One private shower, no changing areas, pretty much made it the worst part of our trip trying to change and pack up. The spin machine for the swim suits was also not working. A male attendant kept walking in part of the room to throw wet towels in the bin which made the whole changing experience even more uncomfortable! The room was about 100 degrees when we first got there so we had to turn on the fan which in turn made it freezing during the night and there weren't enough blankets. The amount we paid for this hotel and this park was double of what we would have paid at the other location. The food was the saving grace!! The night time pizza deal was amazing. The wait staff in the elf lounge were great at getting our food for us to take to our room, getting our discount worked out, and also letting us know about breakfast. Breakfast was amazing, again the staff was great, friendly, food was beyond good!! However those poor people that have to work both the lounge and the pool area are too over worked. It took a very long time to get our food at dinner time!!
- Also Known As:
- Zehnder`s Splash Village Hotel And Waterpark
- Zehnders Splash Village Frankenmuth
- Zehnders Splash Village Hotel Waterpark
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel and Waterpark offers 146 deluxe accommodations including 63 new suites. Enjoy over 30,000 sq. ft. of aquatic fun with our Splash landing play area, Dumping Bucket, Giggling Gorge and Perilous Plunge 4 story tube slides. Relax in the whimsical whirl hot tub or just float along the Crooked Brook Creek lazy river. For the landlubber have fun at our new arcade or lunch at Elf hollow cafe. A towering 26-foot tree is a prominent feature in the new hotel lobby with a large gas fireplace built into the trunk. Zehnder's Splash Village includes elves and fairies as part of the waterpark and hotel's overall theme. Complimentary shuttle service is available to Zehnder's Restaurant and the Fortress golf course. ... more less