“Excellent Young Family Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Frankenmuth
Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark
You added Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark to your Saves list
1365 South Main St, Frankenmuth, MI 48734   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent Young Family Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We travelled shortly after Christmas with our two children, almost 7 and almost 4, my husband's parents as well as, his sister, her husband and their 2 year old. We all shared the loft suite. We found the accommodations were a good fit for our large group. The loft was quite warm through the night, but the beds were very comfortable. Everyone had a great time in the waterpark, from the two year old right up to Grandpa. We found all staff friendly and attentive, from the front desk to the lifeguards. When we could get the kids away from the waterpark we were very pleased with the close proximity to the outlet malls. We had one member of our party become ill and the staff was extremely helpful in helping us with unexpected needs that arose. We would absolutely return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Zehnders, General Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hello, We are so glad that you chose Zehnder's Splash Village for your family getaway and that you and your family enjoyed it so much! thank you for the excellent rating, we are so honored to receive that from your review. Thanks again!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
New Hudson, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

we are a family of (6) 2 adults 4 kids(2-4yr olds and 2-8yr olds) we stayed 4 days and 3 night with and stay and eat package. Room was ok and was big enough 2 queen beds and a queen sleeper sofa. could of had more free channels on tv. Food was good and there was plenty, Elf café morning services was slow on two of the days though. water park was perfect size for our kids it kept them busy, we even used the reg. pool area too to break up the day although the dragon fly pond was not in use for half of one day. the hotel could have giving tokens for inconvenience of the pool. the shuttle bus added to the no rush weekend. I also believe since we stayed 3 nights tokens should have been part of the package for the game room. we do recommend the hotel and are planning another trip here later tis year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at Zehnder's Splash Village. Thank you for your patience during the mechanical issues we experienced, during one of the days of your visit with us. We appriciate your understanding and feedback. Your suggestions are important to us, they let us know how we are doing and how we can improve our overall guest experience. We are so glad to hear you and your family had a great time and are planning another trip. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Howell, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We spent the day (2/23/13) at the Zehnder's Waterpark. We did not stay at the hotel. We drove up from Howell - about a 1 hour drive. This is our second visit.

This is a smaller water park. Which was fine for my kids - ages 5 & 7. They enjoyed their day.
And that what was important to us. Probably not fair to compare it to Avalanche Bay or Great Wolf Lodge, it is just smaller. If you check out the website, you can see it doesn't try to pretend it is large water park.

Slides - we were there on a very busy weekend. And the slide line was fast. Hardly waited at all.

The one part of water parks that I do not like is the basketball area. Flying balls everywhere. Of course, my 7 year old wants to be in there with the bigger kids. As I bent down to tell him that I don't like this area, I got hit in the face with the basketball. Ugh. No biggie, to be expected. But I was impressed that both lifeguards apologized for me getting hit in the face.

I really wish they would increase the temperature of water just a few more degrees. Especially the lazy river. Once you got all wet is was ok, but would prefer it warmer. Also, the changing room is small. So if you come on a busy weekend, it will be cramped.

Also, the gigantic donuts were fun and good.

Overall, it was a fun day. Just don't expect Great Wolf.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello, thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the overall experience for our guests and will definitely keep your feedback in mind. We are glad to hear your family had a great time. Thanks agian!

General Manager of Zehnder's Splash Village
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I went to Kalahari and Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky before. Before I came to Zehnder's splash village, I expect it is not as big as those two. But I did not realize how small this water park is until when I arrived here. The pool for water basket and Dragon Fly pond ( 1/3 of the park) was closed due to "water temperature" as shown on the sign. The sitting area is very crowded and uncomfortable.

There is a small fast food area in the facility, and if you bought the dinning package, you need drive to downtown Frankenmuth, which is not very convenient, especially on a snowy day.

With comparable price to great wolf lodge, I definitely recommend great wolf lodge even it is a little further from metro Detroit. This is my last time to Zehnder's splash village.

• Stayed February 2013
Zehnders, General Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to express your opinions and perspectives on Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel and Waterpark. Please accept my sincere apologies for the pool activity area that we had to close for a period due to mechanical issues we experienced during your most recent visit. I do hope you understand what you experienced is not indicative of our normal operations. During our busy times the seating areas may become congested. However, we do pride ourselves in having one of the larger deck areas in our region. Our dining package does include complimentary shuttle service to Zehnder's of Frankenmuth for the convenience of our guests. If our shuttle service is not available, please contact the front desk to make shuttle arrangements. We recieve comments daily on the pro's and cons of our facility as it compares to other properties and by far a vast majority of our guests leave happy and satisfied. If they are not, we listen to their concerns and try to correct the matter immediately. On occasion we have heard feedback on the concerns you have mentioned and we are diligently seeking to improve our overall product. In conclusion, thank you for your input and opinions. We are, and have been, open to guests feedback over the past eight years at Zehnder's Splash Village and within Zehnder's corporation as a whole. We hope that you would give us a try again, but if not, each and every guests makes their choices daily on which business best satisfies their needs. If you would like to discuss your feedback further, please feel free to contact me personally to see if we can make it right at webmaster@zehnders.com or at 1-800-863-7999.

Port Huron, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked a room last minute for sold out midwinter break weekend. We are a family of 5 w/ 3 kids ages 8, 4, and 15months. We were only able to get one night and I'm so glad for that (we had originally been looking at staying 2 nights). Our room was ok, but for nearly $300/night at other waterpark hotels this price would get you a cute kid cabin suite or the like. We got a standard 2 queen bed room. The waterpark was small and very crowded. I overheard staff at the desk selling day use passes to non guests of the hotel even though the hotel was sold out and the waits were very long for the slides and there were no chairs or tables for us as paying guests of the hotel. My kids had to eat their lunch on the floor. The water was too cold for any adult or young baby to enjoy swimming. There was nothing for my 15mon old to do in the park. There's a small section w/ a seasaw and bouncy seats for babies, and then there's a slide for the 3-5 crowd that adults are not allowed on. So she was too big for the baby bouncy seats (weight limit 20lbs) and too small for the purple slide. I got to walk around with her in the water and sit with her in the hot tub. My 8yr old did enjoy all of the slides. The lifeguard presence in this waterpark was noticably less than in other comparable waterparks in Michigan. I saw a lot of "blind spots" and a lot of lifeguards laughing among themselves and not paying attention. Especially in the "lazy river" area. The waterpark is very crammed, there are areas you are barely even able to walk thru with all the chairs lined up and tubes in the way. I almost fell with my 15mon old in my arms multiple times. The snack bar in the waterpark had the worst service. We spent $30 on lunch and was told the wait would be 10 mintues. 25minutes later of standing there waiting we had to inform the employee that our food was sitting there in the window gettng cold. There was no system for letting anyone know when their orders came up.
There are also no restrooms inside the actual waterpark. The restrooms and locker rooms are right outside the waterpark doors which is a pain when you're dealing with wet kids not wanting to take a break to use the restroom. The smell of chlorine was overwhelming inside the waterpark and it gave me a headache within a hour. My baby now has a strange rash on her leg, our doctor thinks it may be a chlorine checmical burn where water was held on her skin from her waterpark band.
We've been to nearly every waterpark hotel within a 4 hour drive of metro Detroit and wanted to stay closer to home this time. Unfortunately, Splash Village just didn't live up to our expectations and what other waterpark hotels offer at the same price point. When I told the front desk about my disappointment, they said that they were sorry and sent me on my way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Zehnders, Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent response regarding your visit to Zehnder's Splash Village. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations during your visit. We are truly committed to making sure that our guests receive the best possible service we can provide for them and I hope that we can make this right with you.
You chose to visit during a very hectic period in our business cycle. Our waterpark becomes very crowded during this period but we regularly monitor the facility so as to not exceed capacity in our waterpark. Our lifeguard presence in the waterpark is more than satisfactory for our lifeguard to patron ratio dictated by our County Health Department. Subsequently, we make sure that we monitor our chemical levels in the facility because of the high bather load to ensure our levels are kept in range. We also submit weekly samples to the Health Department for testing as another way to manage patron safety.
Again, I apologize for the experience that you had and would love the opportunity to speak with you and make the situation right. You can contact me at (800) 863-7999 or webmaster@zehnders.com
Chris Bartnikowski
Aquatics Operations Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Small cafe with poor service but food was ok. I wasn't impressed with the " lifeguards" that should be watching for problems rather than checking out the girls/boys walking around. Not sure if any of them could spell CPR either. The park is really cramped too and very cold. Won't be coming back here.

• Stayed February 2013
Zehnders, General Manager at Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hello, We sincerely apologize for your less than satisfactory experience at Zehnder's Splash Village and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your visit as soon as possible to see if we can make it right. Please fell free to contactact me personally at webmaster@zehnders.com or at 800-863-7999.

Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel and Waterpark
Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Took the family this week, we had the sleep and eat package. Although its pricey it is all inclusive and a pretty good deal. Water park, dinner, breakfast and the room all added up to a good break from real life for a couple days. The room and water park were clean, the dinner was excelent and the staff were always nice. Go and have fun, eat an excellent chicken dinner and stay in a nice room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello, thanks for taking the time to review Zehnder's Splash Village! We are glad to hear you and your family had a great time. We really appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel and Waterpark

Been to Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark? Share your experiences!