We traveled back to Splash Village for my mom's 50th birthday party. Of course the kids love the water park and can spend hours in there playing, I am not sure where the people who say the waterpark is "basic" are coming from. It is the same park you would find at Great Wolf Lodge, it's huge, loud, and really hot.
Overall the hotel is clean, everything in the room worked, there was nothing we needed that was not there. All three of our rooms were able to check in early, which was nice. Coming from a hospitality background I know how frustrating it is when guests don't get that time is needed to flip the rooms. We had dinner vouchers to Zehnders and would not recommend it. It is crowded, so loud that conversation is almost impossible. We had reservations which was better than the solid hour(maybe 2?!) wait that people were lined up almost out the door for. I would not wait to eat here. If you buy the meal package, immediately after you have reserved your hotel room CALL and MAKE A RESERVATION! If you don't have one you will wait for a very, very long time.The food is bland, our server was great but we could tell that she was overwhelmed. Last time we visited Frankenmuth we ate at The Bavarian and would highly recommend that as opposed to Zehnders. The breakfast area is too small for the number of guests the hotel can host, this seems to be an issue that is prevalent in almost any hotel, the hours of 8-10 are hectic and chaotic, hard to find a place to sit, etc. Huge array of food at the morning breakfast buffet (Elk Hollow cafe) and the service was excellent.
Overall the trip was fun and the rooms were clean with comfortable beds, good service and the water park made it a great place to spend a weekend.
Finally, be aware that the town pretty much shuts down about 9pm, so if you need anything get it prior to that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel and Waterpark offers 146 deluxe accommodations including 63 new suites. Enjoy over 30,000 sq. ft. of aquatic fun with our Splash landing play area, Dumping Bucket, Giggling Gorge and Perilous Plunge 4 story tube slides. Relax in the whimsical whirl hot tub or just float along the Crooked Brook Creek lazy river. For the landlubber have fun at our new arcade or lunch at Elf hollow cafe. A towering 26-foot tree is a prominent feature in the new hotel lobby with a large gas fireplace built into the trunk. Zehnder's Splash Village includes elves and fairies as part of the waterpark and hotel's overall theme. Complimentary shuttle service is available to Zehnder's Restaurant and the Fortress golf course. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Zehnder`s Splash Village Hotel And Waterpark
- Zehnders Splash Village Frankenmuth
- Zehnders Splash Village Hotel Waterpark