“It's only chicken...” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Detroit, Michigan
“It's only chicken...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Chicken.....this simple meat is solely responsible for inflicting paranoia in hundreds of clueless people. $20 bucks for chicken??? Really? Wow. I was so disappointed. For the price of one chicken dinner, I could feed my family of five at KFC. I don't really understand why everyone is soooo obsessed with this place. After waiting in the heat for what seemed like hours, we were finally seated. The atmosphere is totally cheesy and tacky. The food servers are slow and are completely clueless. The "world famous" chicken is dry and cold. I complained and was brought chicken that was equally cold and dry. There are tons of rave reviews on here but they are all being fooled.....ITS ONLY CHICKEN! !

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Zehnders, Manager at Zehnder's of Frankenmuth, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I’m very sorry you didn’t enjoy your visit. Please feel free to contact me to discuss this matter further, and I’d really like the opportunity to make this up to you. We actually have meals starting at $7.95 that range up to the $19.95 for the all-you-can-eat. I can be reached at (800)863-7999, or webmaster@zehnders.com.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Average food, Poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We ate lunch here and based on the reviews, I thought it would be better. I had the 2 pc. chicken lunch. The flavor of the chicken was okay but it was dry. The bread was also very dry. We didn't have to wait to be seated and while there was a steady flow of customers, there were plenty of empty tables so I was surprised at the SLOW service we received. Once we were served, I had a terrible time getting our waitress back. I've NEVER had to wait so long anywhere for my card to be returned at the end of the meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Zehnders, Manager at Zehnder's of Frankenmuth, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
I’m very sorry you didn’t enjoy your visit. Please contact me to discuss this matter further, and I’d really like the opportunity to make this up to you. I can be reached at (800)863-7999, or webmaster@zehnders.com

Dining Room Manager
“Surf was good turf was bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Came to Frankenmuth with my inlaws. They always like to eat at Zenders. Had the Perch dinner which was good and a lot of food. My father-in-law ordered the Heritage steak. Ordered it medium and it came well done. He is a grumpy old man and even yelled at the chicken mascot. He had to wait about 30 minutes after he sent the food back. Then we had listen to him complain that the next steak was full of fat. Needless to say he was not a happy camper. We have been here numerous times, and wish they would update there selections on the menu.

Visited October 2012

Titusville
1,143 reviews 1,143 reviews
“Expected a cafeteria meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have enjoyed the family style meals at the Amish Restaurants in Lancaster, PA and expected the same type of meal here as well as service. For $20 you get all you can eat chicken and lots of different veggies. The table is filled with dishes and for the hearty eater, you will not go away hungry. You might be a bit picky with one or two choices, but overall you can't beat it. The costumes help make it a treat. It is not a place to dine, but a place to eat and there is a difference.
Another option for those who want the atmosphere without the cafeteria glut of food, you can order from the menu and might elect the "small dish" portion. It is part of the Frankenmuth aura, so why not indulge?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to write. Please contact me in the future for any reason.

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Happy Birthday to me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

How can you beat a free meal, that is also one of the best you've ever eaten anywhere? Join the club and come in your birthday month and eat for free. But the meal for everyone was very reasonable and we certainly got our money's worth.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope you had a very Happy Birthday and we hope to see you soon. Thanks again.