“Our recent visit to Zehnder's” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
INVERNESS
“Our recent visit to Zehnder's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have not been to Zehnder's in a few years, but it once again lived up to my expectations. Our family had the famous chicken dinner. It was a little pricey, but, if a diner does not feel that they have eaten enough to cover the cost, that is certainly not the restaurant's problem, as they will bring as much as you can eat. I really enjoyed the cranberry relish, I thought it was some of the best I have eaten, and I make a lot of different varieties as I love cranberries! The squash and mashed potatoes and gravy were also excellent. I did think that the german noodles were overcooked and mushy, but they had a good taste. I also thought the chicken was very good, but I did not try much of it as I was enjoying the side dishes. This is definitely comfort food and high on the carbs and proteins. This is not hidden, as you can see what the dinner includes on the menu, so previous reviewers that complain about that certainly knew what they were getting into. I see in some previous reviews that there are complaints about noise and the table being cramped. This is true, however, this is a restaurant that has made a reputation on all you can eat chicken dinners and family style dining. I think that would be an indication that there are going to be a lot of people in big groups with children. It is bound to be noisy! We had no trouble with seating and the service was very good. We had none of the problems with seating or service that other people have had. Overall, we had a very good time and really enjoyed the food.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ovid, Michigan, United States
“The other Bavaria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This larger dinning room restaurant serves the other best chicken dinner in Frankenmuth that has a great staff and dinning experience.

Visited January 2013
ypsilanti michigan
“Not what use to be poor serivce tourist trap resturant!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I ate here once again since I was a child it seemed, alot better then. I am sure at Winterfest they, will be raking in the dough. No one will know were all the good resturants our to eat at.
The food is very expensive here.
So not this not this one!
Last time we ate here was when, my so nwas young we did have a good sized party and the wiatress seemed over worked and cranky... Costumes our cheesy no German person dresses like this so give it up...

The staff in most of all the experiences for the most part either ot busy runnig from table ot table being short staffed or very rude very very rude. If your a jerk I will not leave you a tip !

Foods okay nothing rave about.... I bene told my chickens better than. theres Iam no Gormet chef!

I been told by many a person who ate here that it was overpirced and you eat there once place...
I calledi t old people food !

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Inverness
“Amazing All You Can Eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Oh may the food I ate there, and they kept it coming too. We all had the all you can eat chicken dinner. There was generous portions. Plenty enough to feed all six of us we had in our party. The servers were very nice and they worked hard for their money. It was a little pricey but well worth the money. I did see that other reviews had mention issues with seating. We got right in without a problem. I can assume that during peak times of the year they would be very very busy like during October Feast or other occasions but not today.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
cambridge
“What happened!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

When I was young my parents would take me to Zehnder's and it would be a fantastic experience, I haven’t been for 5 years and I won’t go back again.
Even with reservations we waited for ½ hour to get our table, which was in the middle of a big room in front of the busy all you can eat table. I felt like I was in a cafeteria. The front staff was rude, the food was crude and the ambiance sucked.
It appears the owners of Zehnder’s have let there success go to there heads and treat there customers with distain. The only positive was the server we had, she was a sweet personable young lady, it’s a shame she is wasting her talents at Zehnders.
Like I said it use to be the place to go, now it’s the place to avoid.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Zehnders, Zehnder's at Zehnder's of Frankenmuth, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced at our restaurant during your most recent visit and the inconvenience you suffered as a result. This situation is not part of our usual dining procedures. I thank you for bringing it to our attention so that we can fix the problem. I would be very interested in any more information you have as to whom the front staff was you were referring to, so this isn’t happening to anymore of our valued guests.

We are continuously coaching and training our staff on customer service. I can assure you our standards have not changed, and our whole team is strongly committed to making Zehnders the number one tourist destination in Michigan. Unfortunately in your case we have failed and while I can’t undo what’s already been done, but I would like to talk with you further about your visit. Please feel free to contact me at 1-800-863-7999 and ask for me at your earliest convenience, or if you have any more information that may help me identify the staff in question.

Shelby Albrecht