“okay but not worth the money.” 3 of 5 stars

$119 (USD)
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gladwin, mi
“okay but not worth the money.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

me and my husband are hard working and parents to a two year old. We decided to visit the inn for a brake while grandma babyset. We stayed in a king suite with courtyard pool access the the room was nice but I would have expected a little more for $145/night it looked no diffrent than a $40 hotel,the bathroom was so small you could barley fit two people and it was nothing spectacular. The pool was nice small but nice not to crowded. The food at Oma's was great very flavorful good portions and good service,breakfast buffet was also good. Was not to impressed with the service or prices a Loreli's Lounge me and my husband ordered one drink a piece and the bill was $25 we also waited a half hour for a bill and finally had to ask for it there was one waitress and the place was packed.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (976)
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

Best thing- the pool. It was pretty empty which was nice for my husband and I.
Worst thing-the beds. I felt awful when I woke up in the morning! That was the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on, and the pillows were inadequate as well. Perhaps if I had called room service and covered the whole bed in pillows it would have been okay. The restuarant was just okay and a little pricey for the quality. There wasn't much to do for us. Now if we had brought our kids, they would have found plenty to do with all the games and what not. And they messed up our bill at check-out. They did correct it, but it was a hassle. The location is nice though. They have a bus that takes you to the other restuarant and shops right in town. Then everything is in walking distance. There's lots to do in town. I reccommend visiting St. Julien's winery (if only adults), that was very nice.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, December 9, 2014
Dear Purple,

We learned a bit ago that we have the ability to "go back" to 2002 and respond to guests who have reviewed the Bavarian Inn Lodge. So... I am thanking you for your review in 2009 of the Lodge. We appreciate all feedback and I thought an update might be appropriate. I'm sorry that the mattresses disappointed you. We have all new - mattresses since your last stay and we have a new system of having both soft AND firm pillows on every bed in the hotel so you can decide what gives you the best nights rest. So glad you enjoyed many attributes of the Lodge and hope you may consider a return visit. If so, we always appreciate feedback.

Wishing you a very Merry CHRISTMAS and a Healthy New Year!

With Sincere Appreciation,

Jim Engel, C.O.O.
On Behalf of the ENTIRE Bavarian Inn Lodge Team.
michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

My family has been coming here for over 15 years , and the service has steadily declined. Our waitress Diane at Omas ignored us and never bothered to come back to our table once we ordered , after a long wait in an empty restaurant. Talking to her manager was like talking to a brick wall. Never even offered an apology and acted like it was a bother to listen. On our 4th night, the next door guests were so loud and unruly, we didnt get to sleep until after 1AM and we have a 4 year old. Again, at the front desk, we were brushed off and ended up leaving for home a day early because of the total lack of concern from ANYONE for our comfort. On our return home, I contacter the director of lodging and its been almost 2 weeks without a relpy!!!! The housekeeping staff was awesome and the rooms were great, but as far as customer service, I give this Inn a two out of ten. We've decided to go elsewhere for our yearly vacation.

dearborn heights, mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

My family and I went to Bavarian Inn the weekend of February 20. We love the Bavarian Inn because of the arcade (100+ arcade games with redemption tickets), the Ratskellar Lounge, the Loreli Lounge etc. They have different events for kids from karaoke to face painting to arts and crafts. The only problem this trip was that they didn't offer any smoking rooms with balconies. I have stayed in there whirlpool suite before (a smoking suite with a balcony) but this time they said they don't have any rooms that you can smoke in with a balcony because of county laws. We settled for a non smoking room with a balcony, only to find the balcony was accessable by a solid door with a small window that led to a shared balcony. I called the front desk right away and Debra (front desk manager) switched us to a room with a semi private balcony at once. We have been to the Bavarian Inn three times in the last 2 months and just love it. The pools tend to get a bit overcrowded so we didn't use them but overall a wonderful hotel. With all the restaurant's, shuttle service, games etc, it is a great place for a weekend.

Grand Blanc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

I rented 3 rooms for my daughter's 12th birthday party. We had a great stay for the most part. There is so much for the kids to do. Everything in the hotel was great except the beds. I usually take my own pillows with me when I travel, but failed to this time. I'm sorry I didn't bring them, the pillows were filled funky so they were uncomfortable to lay on and the beds were hard-not firm. I had 8 girls so I had already planned on not getting much sleep, but could have been a little more comfortable lying in bed. Overall great hotel, but do not plan on comfortable beds or pillows.

Novi, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

First let me say that if my kids were writing this review (ages 9 and 11), they would most likely give a better rating than I did.

We've stayed at the Bavarian Inn several times over the past years and have always had just an okay experience . Our main reason for returning is the kids love the swimming, playing in the arcade and the chicken dinner at the Bavarian Inn restaurant. With our most recent stay, granted we arrived during school winter break, but the incredibly long lines and a 45-minute plus wait to check-in was frustrating. While I understand that the hotel was sold out for the evening, the hotel was aware of this ahead of time and extra staff should have been added to minimize the check-in process. Because of the hotel being sold-out, there were so many families and kids in the small pools and it was nearly impossible to do anything but just sort of stand in place. The chlorine levels in the pools were obnoxiously high and my eyes were burning from just sitting in the general pool area--not even swimming. Several people also commented about burning eyes and itching skin. (I swim weekly at an indoor pool, so I have a sense of what the chlorine levels should be.) The room was average, and the beds not so comfortable. We spent about $500 for a 2-evening stay (including food and money for the arcade) for 2 adults and 2 kids. I think that's a bit high; the room rates should be less for what you get.

Saginaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

Our visit was fabulous. We go to the Bavarian Inn Lodge 3-4 times a year and my 2 school age children just love it. We putt-putt, swim, play arcade games, and walk the town. We live close to Frankenmuth, so for us to get away and not be out of reach to our work this town and Lodge works perfectly for us. For dinner we usually go to the Bav Inn Restuarant on the free shuttle across the wooden bridge then walk through the beautiful River Plaza shops. It is a great way of getting away and relazing with the family. The pools are open late and that is when our children enjoy swimming the most. I would not call the Lodge a waterpark like others discribe, but it has a toddler, K-9 yr old water play area.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!