“Family, Friends, Love and Happiness” 5 of 5 stars

Bavarian Inn Lodge
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1 Covered Bridge Lane, Frankenmuth, MI 48734   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Family, Friends, Love and Happiness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Me and my Husband visited for our 2 year Anniversary. The landscape, customer service, eating places beautiful. It was so amazing like a dream resort! Other customers even helped with our pictures so we both could be part of the shot. I told my husband we will be revisiting real soon... like within the next 2 months February Valentines Day sounds perfect...

Room Tip: Balcony too see the full landscape
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (895)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We enjoy visiting this resort about every two months. My kids love it so much!! Brett in Oma's Restraunt is awesome !! A great server with a great personality!! My only suggestion is the arcade is getting too pricey. Some of the games take multiple tokens. I would spend more money in the arcade if it was a better value. Other than that, perfect place to kick back with your kids and have a blast!!

• Stayed December 2014
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Lodge Lisa. We appreciate your shout out specifically to Brett in Oma's as well. We will make sure he sees this post! We appreciate your feedback and will share your concerns with the team who leads the 134 video game and redemption area. It is a significant department with over one million dollars in equipment and staff needed 365 days to keep the machines operational. We will do all we can to keep our games competitive with other facilities and still keep a great redemption value for our guests at the same time.

Hope to meet you on a return visit Lisa. Ask for me at the Front Desk!

Fenton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My family had an excellent Christmas weekend at the Bavarian Inn Lodge in Frankenmuth, Michigan. The service was great, rooms were spacious and comfortable, swimming pools and game area was unbelievable, grandkids went crazy. I would recommend this resort to anyone!

Room Tip: If you are taking kids, try to get a room near the activity center and the pool with the water slide...
Dear Daryl & Vickie,

Thank you so much for your recent visit to the Bavarian Inn Lodge. So glad your clan had a great time and we hope for opportunities to serve you again down the road.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We have been staying at the Bavarian Inn for the weekend before Christmas since my youngest was 2,she is now 23. My sister and I are now bringing grandchildren too. I love the town of Frankenmuth as it is clean and customer service oriented. The hotel staff, Bavarian Inn wait staff and Oma's staff were wonderful. I need to mention the women who was on duty Sat am in Martha's Gift shop-she was super friendly too. I love that this hotel is oriented to families. Keep up the good work

Dear Cynthia,

We greatly appreciate the kind words you shared on this site and your long-term loyalty to our team. We are honored to have served your family for 21 years! The gal you are speaking of in Martha's Gift shop from Saturday morning is Alicia. She is a wonderful team member and we are proud that she chose the Bavarian Inn Lodge to work at.

We will keep working hard to earn your future visits Cynthia!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

The rooms are just average. My kids did enjoy the arcade and mini golf. One of my problems was with the restaurant. There was a hair in my food. Also, the cable in the room kept going out. And the worst, is that housekeeping misplaced an item of mine. They apologized for losing it but I felt like something else should have been done. I don't feel the need to come back here again.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear Al-ee-sun10

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay. I'm so sorry for the challenges that you experienced. We are sorry that your wrist band has not yet been found. I am told this is a wristband that you wear while sleeping. We are hoping it still may be recovered from our laundry service. We will certainly get in touch with you if it does. I will meet with the housekeeper and manager on duty that you interacted with to let them know that you were not satisfied with the solution. I hope to hear back from you on my direct message about what we should do next.

I am so sorry also for their being a hair in one of your food items. We work hard to have hair protection on all staff in key areas of food preparation and food service. We will keep this as a very high priority and inform the team of this failure.

I'm sorry that these items overpowered any of the other amenities and services provided to you. We hope you will reconsider a return visit in the future again.

Wishing you a very Merry CHRISTmas.

Allenton, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Helpful, cheery staff. So much to do you don't even need to leave the lodge. Clean, great food and service in the lounge and restaurant. The game room is greatly improved and the prizes you can win are better quality then in the past. We will be back next year. 7 years in a row for this family. Grandkids say its the best place in the world.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mary,

WE greatly appreciate the opportunity to serve your family now for the past 7 years! Your entrusting us with three generations of family on a get-a-way is humbling to us. We will keep the place shiny clean, friendly and especially FUN awaiting your next arrival!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here over the past weekend for our family Christmas celebration. The hotel was very nice, and an enjoyable place to stay. They connect with the interests of kids "from 1 to 92" and the celebratory atmosphere was a great way to begin the Christmas season.

There is a lot to do just within the hotel. There are little shopping centers all around the area, but you can stay occupied within the hotel and never have any reason to leave. The focus area of the property is the family fun center. WIth 3 pools, 2 waterslides, and 3 hot tubs, there is a robust amount of swimming area, which is good because it can become quite busy. The pools seemed pretty clean; as a parent of a 7 year old we stayed pretty tethered to the two kid-oriented pools. Something they do which I thought was kind of nice was that these two pools' depth caps at 4.5 feet. For a grown adult, this is perhaps not ideal, but these pools are for the kids and it was something I thought to be quite smart.

There are essentially two video game areas, one which is geared towards younger children and one for older kids (and kids at heart). They had a great mix of games, even a couple of quasi-casino games. With many (most) of the games, the player can earn tickets which can be used to purchase prizes at the prize counter. Kids seems to really enjoy this; as parents we sigh about how many dollars went in to acquiring the trinkets that are worth so little, but again, this resort has a decidedly kid-oriented focus. I don't know if anyone at the property reads these, but one suggestion I would make is to actually have a more limited offereing of the 'small ticket' prizes. We ran into a few instances where some pretty severe bottlenecks occurred, and I think a lot of it stems from having such a vast selection of tiny trinkets to choose from. As a younger person, this is probably overwhelming and in some ways does detract from the overall experience for the collective family.

The fun center food court area is really neat. This was something that captures the interest of the whole family. The pizzas and fudge are outstanding, and with Pepsi products on tap my beloved Mountain Dew flowed freely. Many in my party purchased the glass beer stein. It is $25 or so, but they fill it with beer, plus $10 top offs of what is a 33 oz mug. The mug itself is quite nice and with reasonable care could stay in one's mug collection for the entirety of their life. They did a good job offering a mix of German and domestic beers. Michigan is a state with a strong beer culture, and they did a great job accomodating many different palates.

This is not a criticism at all, but I would advise travellers to this resort to be aware that there is so much to do that the kids may become overwhelmed with the spectrum of offerings. We didn't try to maintain any type of schedule with our two (ages 7 and 19 months) and in retrospect that is something we could have benefitted from doing.

All in all, I thought this was a really neat place, and I am glad that my family had an opportunity to visit. We hope to visit again sometime in the near future.

PN

Dear Patrick,

Thank you so very much for your detailed insights into what you and your family enjoyed during your recent Christmas celebration at the Bavarian Inn Lodge in Frankenmuth. We DO in fact read reviews on this site as well as others. I have been responding to all posts for over 10 years. Thank you for your suggestions. We take all ideas and even criticisms as a GIFT from guests. They are an investment in our future.

I will share your thoughts with our redemption team - - very insightful!

We truly hope to be a tradition in your families future as we are with thousands of other Michigan families.

On Behalf of the ENTIRE Bavarian Inn Lodge Team

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!