“Good place bad sleep” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Detroit, Michigan
“Good place bad sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Bavarian inn was amazing I'm 11 and the waterpark was great but me my aunt my cousin and grandma got no sleep the beds where very very hard but other than that it was great!!!! I was really really. Going swimming this amazing I haven't tried the slides yet and I'm really looking forward to that also the game room lots of games and lots of fun Also everything there was amazing I did not try the food but other than that is all amazing I loved every minute of it I never wanted to leave the mini golf was great also the pools just Perfect

Room Tip: Hey either the mini suet or the family suet
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Gwen H.,

Thank you for sharing details about all of the FUN you had at the Lodge on your recent stay. Glad you like the games and all the pools. I bet you will love the slides when you return. They are really fun too!

I'm very sorry that members of your family had a hard time sleeping. Some people love firmer beds and others do not. One tip I can share is that we have a significant number of TWO types of beds. We can look up which kind you stayed on during your last trip and then assign you one of the other kind on the next visit and see if that is better! Some are pillowtop beds and some are 100% foam mattresses.

Thanks for staying with us and we hope you will tell your friends about the great stay you had.

Jim Engel, C.O.O.
Bavarian Inn Lodge. - Serving Bavarian Inn Guests for 36 Years.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (892)
Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My fiancee and I had a wonderfully adult trip at this family destination. with a an in town distillery, winery and several in town breweries two large shopping centers Frankenmuth is a great getaway. and this trip was made special the the staff at Lorelei Lounge in the Bavarian inn. they went out of there way to make our night wonderful. we can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark S.,

We constantly work hark to attract families as well as couples to the Lodge and with the adult only pool and whirlpool located in a different part of the Lodge than the other pools, we are successful at doing that! So glad you enjoyed the Lorelei Lounge and other Frankenmuth attractions. We look forward to serving you again!

Eastpointe, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I go to Bavarian Inn at least twice a year and I go once a year with my gal pal for a long weekend. What a great experience, everything you need is in this one place. It is a place for the young and old. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. Also you should become a member of the perks club, you get money back for every dollar you spend and you can receive special rates, when dates are open. The staff is always friendly. If you are on the fence about this place, just go once and you will be hooked.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms, its just a preference.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear EisQueen,

So glad that we have "hooked you" into visiting us again and again at the Lodge. We appreciate your kind words on this site and your loyalty to the Lodge. We look forward to your next visit!

Erie, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Though the past 20+ years I have been going to Frankenmuth and staying in the Bavarian Inn.
I have done girls weekend with friends. Enjoyed the pools, whirlpools, and arcade with my children. Now my biggest child (my husband) is enjoying the new water slide.
I have never had a bad experance while staying in fact they helped me one year to surprise a friend with a birthday bastket.
This past stay I stopped one of the service people in the hall and asked if they could help me. I am now handy-cappable but need a little help in the restroom. Next thing I knew I had a booster for the tolet.
These people will been over backwards for you. You have the Resterant for the best chicken and the walk though the town has so much to offer. We will be back many times in the future

Room Tip: If you have children being by the Fun Center is nice. If you want a quiet ask for the south side T...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kimberly H.,

Thanks for enjoying all the Lodge has to offer from different perspectives and stays with friends, family and a couples get-a-way. So pleased that our staff was accommodating with your handicap. Please do not hesitate to ask about transfer sides of the bed or transfer sides for toilets as reservationists have access to these types of details in our barrier free guestrooms if that is helpful.

So glad you are enjoying your stays with us! OH, we are shopping for a new shuttle right now and it will be accessible!

North Branch, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband, grandson and I along with our friends and their grand kids recently spent a long weekend at the Bavarian Inn Lodge. Class Act place! We have been visiting the area for years and have not had a bad experience yet. Quite the opposite! Each time we experience so much fun, entertainment and excellent food that we continue to return and have begun to bring additional friends along for the experience. The kids absolutely love the pools and arcade area's. Denise E

Room Tip: Balcony rooms overlooking the river are nice in the summer months!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Denise,

We are greatful for your loyalty to the Lodge and your kind words. So happy that you are creating family members for your growing group of family and friends each time you return. Each return visit is a GIFT to us and motivation to keep having FUN at work while helping our guests have FUN!

We look forward to serving you again!

Toledo, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed at the Bavarian Inn Lodge several times over the last couple of years. I have never had any complaints the staff is always very friendly and the rooms very clean. My family loves the pools and the arcade. I would definately recommend becoming a member of the perks club so you can take advantage of all the great discounts.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lynette:

So happy you enjoy the benefits of the Perks Club. I am honored to help lead that program within the Bavarian Inn. We are in our 14th year of the loyalty club and are tickled that many families have been members all 14 years!

We look forward to your next return visit to Frankenmuth and the Lodge!

Holly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

From the moment we stepped into the Lodge until the moment we left the next morning, we were surrounded by very professional and pleasant employees. Our room was very clean and presentable. Our shuttle bus experience was great along with the very friendly and nice driver. There were so many amenities, shops, and activities to chose from to keep us busy. The adult pool/jacuzzi and area is a wonderful place to gather with your group not only just to swim, but to relax or have a nice conversation in a quiet and peaceful room. It's also a great, fun place to take children with never ending activities to make their vacation experience very special. My family and friends have been going to the Bavarian Inn Lodge for years, and we try to make it at least 3-4 times each year. If you are looking for a special vacation, whether it be for overnight, a weekend, or more, I know you would really enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river are quiet, and in the summer the scenery is beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Patty H.,

Thank you for your loyalty to Bavairan Inn for so many years. So glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and enjoyed the adult pool and other amenities. I will share your kind words with the shuttle drivers too! They are a great team of guys and will be tickled to see you pointed them out on your review!

We look forward to serving you again!

Bavarian Inn Lodge

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!