“Brunch at the Bavarian Inn Lodge” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$25 off room rate
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Vassar Michigan
“Brunch at the Bavarian Inn Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had the opportunity to have Brunch at the Bavarian Inn Lodge in Frankenmuth, Michigan. This was my first time ever knowing about the Lodge as I have attended dinners at the Bavarian Inn itself. Upon entering the doors you will find several beautiful displays, It happen to be the Chinese New Year theme as this was for my Birthday in February. The brunch was held in a little court yard off the pool side. I at first was wondering if I was going to be dining in amoungst those who had bathing suits on, however my thought was a completely different surprise. Those who were Staff were dressed as almost professional chefs, in white. I was able to order my Omlet from a Gentleman named, Nathanial, whom not only made an omlet to my liking, the ingredients I requested were plentiful and to say the least, I was very impressed! The waitress Mallorie was promptly at my table with not only a glass of water and my coffee, she was quick to enter any requests I was in need for. Later on as I tried a sample of the fruits and buffet I found that many items were made excellently as I was in awe upon tasting the White Fish with seasonings on top, for a Brunch I can say that this is worth every cent one would pay for! Of course the town is a tourist area for most. Yet the Lodge sets back in its own setting next to a covered bridge one must cross. A must stop for a Brunch if you're in this town. You must try the fish, the very delicious and ripe strawberries and the selection of desserts.Yet in my travels, the only other place that I have found an excellent tasting fresh fish was in Hawaii and this Brunch was if not very close to what I had there! I wish I had those cooks at my house! I give this Brunch area of the Lodge a 5 star for service and Staff excellence.

Room Tip: Although I did not stay here, most I spoke with were very happy with the rooms, the bed comfort and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Poodehrsdoo,

Thank you so much for providing the wonderful details on your experience at our Sunday Brunch! We enjoy providing fun, relaxing and delectable foods all week long... but Sunday Brunch is the best! Thank you for your patronage and for sharing with the world on Trip Advisor!

Jim Engel, C.O.O.
Bavarian Inn Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (870)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Overall great place to take your family for the week end, the amount of activities for your kids is worth every penny and I can not think of any where else you can go and the bang for your buck!!! I have been going to frankenmouth for 20 years and this is the only place I with stay

• Stayed January 2013
Jim_Engel, General Manager at Bavarian Inn Lodge, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Carldow,

Thank you for 20 years of loyalty and the opportunity to serve multiple generations of your family. We are honored for your choice and will keep working hard to help create future amenities that your family continues to enjoy! Please look me up on your next arrival. Would love to meet your family!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We come here every year for Snowfest. Room is always clean, check in is a breeze, hotel is right in the middle of everything. Love the adult only swimming area, helps you relax and get away from all the noisy children. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Dear FrankTheTank,

Thank you for choosing the Lodge for your SnowFest Experience. So glad you had a lot of fun... I too had a blast interacting with guests all weekend long and strolling thru the sculptures after midnight with NO crowds! We appreciate your kind words! We look forward to serving you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

My daughter, my Mother and I had an awesome experience. The rooms were beautiful and the "fun center" was perfect for my 3 year old. The pools were very age appropriate and the food at Ratskellers was delicious. My daughter also enjoyed the video games, air hockey was her favorite game. Hoping to visit the lodge again soon!

Dear DowneyLaura:

We are all so happy that your three-generation girls weekend was such a success! Thank you for choosing the Lodge to create your special memories. This is such a gift for all of us to hear. Thank you!

Commerce Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stay here every year for a few days in the Winter. It helps break up the doldrums and gives the kids a chance to relax and play in a wonderful environment. There are pools that cater to the very young, tweens, teens and adults alike. The Fun Center is loaded with so many different activities. You can play pingpong. shoot pool, swim, play an array of games for toddlers up to adults that are young at heart, and there is a huge mini putt putt golf that each year we play two or three times (I am determined to win one of these days). We always get the family suite that provides an additional room with living room furniture and a flat screen T.V. as well as small table and two chairs. The sleeping areas are super clean and comfortable and I must say that there is plenty of drawer space and plenty of space to hang stuff up in the closet. They provide an ironing board, blow dryer, fridge (key for left over chicken) and coffee pot. We have been going to Frankenmuth every year since 1989 and we have stayed at the Bavarian Inn every trip since 1999 except for one year we stayed at another big hotel in the area and our kids said never again so back to the Bavarian Inn we went. It suits our family and friends perfectly. The staff is wonderful and extremely helpful. We take the shuttle from the hotel over to the restaurant and do shopping in the little shops below. Oh, I almost forgot, each Sunday morning they have a GREAT brunch in the atrium of the hotel and it really offers something for everyone. We would not miss it. After reading one of the other reviews on the Bavarian Inn, all I can say is that maybe those folks was not in the mood to have fun. Unlike some hotels that offer lots of activities, you never see folks arguing or the kids fussing. Everyone really does have a great time. It gives everyone a chance to kick back, relax and spend quality time together. Whether you come for the holidays, Spring, Summer, Fall, some festival, Snow Fest or Christmas, pack the family up and make the trip. Nothing fancy, but really great, clean, wholesome family, couple & single folks fun.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Karen K.,

Wow... what an honor to have had you here all but one year out of 13 years! Thanks so much for your loyalty! Your narrative about how you use our amenities and facilities is so well stated, I am sharing it with our marketing department. We so try to have events and categories for every age. We so appreciate the opportunity to serve you!

Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Jim Engel, C.O.O. - Serving Bavarian Inn Guests for 36 Years -
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was our 7th or 8th stay at the Inn.But our first Snowfest stay.It was beautiful our rooms as always were very clean and comfortable.The staff was friendly and helpful.The whole celebration throughout the town was an experience Im glad my family took part in.The Inn itself is much more than lodging....Theres just so much to see its beautifully decorated for every event going on,and the game room and water slides entertained the kids.The pizza was actually better than any delivery we've had.Can't wait until next year.

Room Tip: We've stayed in family suites and regular rooms.Never had one we didn't like.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Teri S.,

So happy that you enjoyed all the Lodge has to offer and especially Snowfest! It is a grand time to be visiting and is simply a Pure Michigan experience! Glad you enjoy the way we decorate the Lobbies and public areas!? Just wrapping up our Chinese New Years celebration. Spring theme planning in progress! We so appreciate your 8 years of traditional visits! Glad you are enjoying various seasons to come to town!

We look forward to serving your family again soon!

Jim Engel, C.O.O. - Serving Bavarian Inn guests for 36 years -
Corunna, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I took a team of four high school students to compete in the snow sculpting competition. Our rooms were excellent and the food at Oma's offered great selections and good prices. My students loved the pool and game room and after a long cold day of snow sculpting they especially enjoyed the hot tub. The service and staff were very accomodating. This is a great place to stay and we are looking forward to next year!

Corunna high school snow sculpting team

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Shannon D.,

Thank you for bringing your High School carvers to participate in Snowfest. We are tickled that you overnight-ed with us at the Lodge even though you don't really live that far away. When you are carving multiple days in a row, I totally understand why the hot-tub was a "favorite" amenity for your team! We appreciate your loyalty!

Jim Engel, C.O.O. - Serving guests at Bavarian Inn for 36 years-
Bavarian Inn Lodge

Been to Bavarian Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!