We have visited the Bavarian Inn numerous times throughout the years. We started when our kids were just infants and toddlers, and we still go back at least once a year now that they are 13, 11, and 9. The hotel is clean, the staff is helpful and friendly. There are 5 pools: a zero entry pool with fountains for the little ones, a splash fun pool for the slightly older kids, a regular pool with a deep end, a waterfall pool, and an adults only pool with hot tub. There are also hot tubs next to the waterfall pool and regular pool. If you are sensitive to chlorine, the levels in the pools (and especially the hot tub) are very high. Bring lotion for dry skin. Other positives include: karaoke and dancing for kids in the Ratskeller restaurant, the Lorelei lounge for adults and families (you can order a drink, and they sometimes have live music), a miniature golf course, and an arcade with lots of games. Onto the negatives. I mentioned it earlier, but when I say high chlorine levels, I'm not kidding. They are ridiculously high sometimes. The hot tub can take your breath away and make your eyes burn. The arcade is a money trap. Many of the games cost $.50 to $2.00 to play. It adds up fast. Oma's restaurant inside of the hotel has mediocre food for slightly high prices. We usually get McDonald's breakfast sandwiches instead of eating at their breakfast buffet. Our kids are at the age now that we can really enjoy the adult pool. It is also nice, because they have ping pong tables and a pool table next to it for our kids to use while we relax.
If you decide to go at least once a year, the Perks Club is definitely worth joining. You earn $20 gift certificates for every $100 you spend at the hotel, the Bavarian Inn restaurant (chicken dinners...yum), and the Cheese Haus. The number to join the Perks Club is 1-989-652-7700 or
The city of Frankenmuth is great for walking the strip. There are lots of unique shops on the Main Street and also in the River Place Shopping Center next door to the Bavarian Inn. We enjoy going to the Frankenmuth Brewery for dinner and samples of their house made beers. I really like the Dunkel and the Hefeweizen. If you have small children, Grandpa Tiny's Farm is great fun. The kids can pet different animals and take a wagon ride around the farm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bavarian Inn Lodge is a treasure in the heart of downtown Frankenmuth - Michigan's #1 tourist attraction. Nestled on the banks of the beautiful Cass River, the Lodge is a world-class getaway destination for families and couples. The Bavarian Inn Lodge of Frankenmuth is about gathering. For generations, millions of people have come here to stay and play, to be welcomed with our home-cooked chicken dinners, delightfully cozy beds, and warm Bavarian hospitality. It's like stepping into the heart of Europe without a passport or the jet lag! •360 European-themed guest rooms, including whirlpool, family suites and balcony rooms •Indoor water park with four indoor pools;three whirlpools & two large waterslides.•Four tennis courts (two with nighttime play). •Three-story European-style courtyard with one indoor pool and whirlpool reserved especially for adults. •18-Hole indoor miniature golf. •The largest Family Fun Center in any Midwest hotel with 110+ video and redemption games, air hockey, and pool tables.•Two-story Children's Village play area. •Two lounges, two restaurants, two gift shops (stop in at Michael's Gift Shop to check out board games galore).•Gourmet Coffee Bar in Martha's Gift Shop.•Free live nightly entertainment including sing-a-longs and Karaoke. •Free WIFI internet with over 50 hotspots throughout public areas and in guestrooms. •An abundance of public areas for your family or group to gather and socialize. America's FIRST Living Room Styled Water Park! Yet... A couples paradise with an adult only pool and whirlpool! Oh yes... Parking is always free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Bavarian Inn Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Frankenmuth
- Bavarian Resort Frankenmuth
- Frankenmuth Bavarian Lodge
- Bavarian Inn Frankenmuth Mi
- Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn Lodge Resort
- Bavarian Lodge Frankenmuth
- Bavarian Frankenmuth