“Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Frankenmuth Brewery is housed in the historic 4 story 28,000 sq foot building on the Cass River in downtown Frankenmuth, MI. An exciting destination for food lovers and beer aficionados alike. We provide seasonal outdoor dining, live entertainment, an impressive selection of German inspired craft beers, Brewery Tours and Brewer for the Day experiences. The menu includes great burgers and sandwiches, hand tossed pizza, ribs, pasta, fish and delicious salads.
Michigan
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Just visited this little brewery for the third time. I'm not a beer drinker, but my husband likes the dark brews, and he enjoyed his lager.

I thought the food was good. Tried the chipotle chicken sandwich and enjoyed it just as much as I had before. My husband was less than thrilled with his bratwurst although we both loved the fries.

There's a lot of beers to select from, and every time I go, I notice people carrying out beer, so I'm guessing it's good enough to take home.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Albany, New York
“Good beer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I went with friends. We got pizza and beer. The beer was really good. They have good service as well.

Waterloo, Canada
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our second visit to the Brewery. We had a long wait for dinner, but it was well worth it and we enjoyed a drink while waiting. Amazing meal with fast service, very reasonable prices. French onion soup, battered onion rings, buffalo chicken rolls and a BBQ chicken pizza...all were great! We'll be back and we'd recommend to anyone visiting!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Best Beer in Frankenmuth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The building which houses the Frankenmuth Brewery (Restaurant) has been a brewery since 1862. The large, spacious, brick building has been beautifully restored, and the atmosphere is a combination of modern elements and brewing implements in a gorgeous, historic space. The first time we ate/drank there, it was the weekend before Christmas 2012. Everything about our experience was fantastic, except it was so chilly inside, we never took off our coats. Nevertheless, we excitedly returned the weekend before Christmas 2013. We layered-up in preparation, but the HEAT ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED, and the place couldn't have been more cozy! The food is pretty good (pretzel bread rolls are delicious), but the beer is excellent! I recommend the flight of beer (eight 4 ounce samples of all their beers, including the seasonals) if you haven't tried their beers before. Even the Hefeweizen, which I normally wouldn't order in the middle of winter, was absolutely delicious! With hints of banana and clove, I was glad I had tasted it. Our waitress, Jerri, was delightful and definitely went the extra mile to make us feel like VIP's! I mentioned that I wanted a 6 pack of their Christmas Town Ale to take back to my hotel (the Marriott across the street), and she went and brought a 6 pack to my table, and just added it to the bill. We also told her we wanted to return the following night to watch the football game during dinner, and she went and reserved a booth for us with the host. There are enough flat-screen televisions mounted around the room that you can see one whichever direction you are facing. Jerri was also very knowledgable about the different beers they brew and serve. Of course, we returned for dinner/drinks the following night, as planned, and our booth was ready the moment we walked inside. The following evening, our waiter was Kyle, and while we wasn't as gregarious as Jerri, he came by our table frequently enough that we were never waiting for anything, and he was very knowledgable as well - I ask weird questions, like, "what is that chandelier made of?" He told me it was part of the old bottling machine (see photo below). Between the food, beer, t-shirts (with Frankie the Dachshund on them), pint glasses, and 6 packs to go, we spent $217.80 at the Brewery in 24 hours, and it was money well spent! We cannot wait to return to the Frankenmuth Brewery!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“Good Food, staff and Atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We (Myself, Hubby, Brother and two young sons) ate an early dinner here on a recent trip to Frankenmuth. We enjoyed the food (typical pub, brewery offerings) My son enjoyed the Root beer and my hubby and I tested the beer samples. Great wait staff! We took part of the (free) brewery tour, which was very educational!

Visited January 2013