“Great brewery!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Frankenmuth Brewery is housed in the historic 4 story 28,000 sq foot building on the Cass River in downtown Frankenmuth, MI. An exciting destination for food lovers and beer aficionados alike. We provide seasonal outdoor dining, live entertainment, an impressive selection of German inspired craft beers, Brewery Tours and Brewer for the Day experiences. The menu includes great burgers and sandwiches, hand tossed pizza, ribs, pasta, fish and delicious salads.
Chicago, Illinois
“Great brewery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Had dinner here overlooking the river in Frankenmuth. Beautiful, modern place. They had some of the best fish and chips I've ever had -- fish was not greasy in the least and I loved the large fries. Beer excellent. Even though I was alone, enjoyed the beer! Service excellent.

Visited August 2013

Strongsville
“Good beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Start out with their beer flight. Very good, ended up buying a case of their special summer ale, which we probably should of bought a second one.

Visited August 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Beer is Good, Food is Poor, Service is Lousy...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This place has so much potential! The Beer is outstanding. However, the food is average to poor. We ordered nachos, salads and some kids meals. All were less exciting than the worst chain restaurant. The service was snotty. On a Saturday night, the servers were all gruff - felt more like I was in a college bar, than an upscale restaurant. Keep walking until they fix these issues.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
frankenmuthbrewery1, Manager at Frankenmuth Brewery, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
I would like to thank you for the helpful comments. I apologize that your experience at the brewery was not what you expected. We strive for perfection but as you know, no business is perfect. We continue to work on serving great food, and training a energetic and hospitable staff. Please contact a manager the next time you are in town so we can better accommodate you.
Wauseon, Ohio
“Great food great bear great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoined our dinner here. The fish and chips were really good. I do not drink beer too often but them let me try it before I ordered and the one I got was very good. Our service was excellent as well. Overall a wonderful experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great service pity about the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The measure of good service isn't what happens when everything is going well, it's how they react when things go wrong, that's the true measure of service and lots went wrong for us!

When we arrived we were told it was a 20 minute wait, that was ok for us as we were on holiday and didn't mind having a beer at the bar and waiting. The bar man noticed that lots of people were being seated behind us and off his own initiative went to find out what was happening. It seems that the hostess wrote down he wrong pager number, so we were seated immediately. I thought the bar mans attentiveness was great and very positive.

We ordered a starter, some sort of buffalo chicken in an egg roll. It was actually very good. But that was the end of the good food. The reuben sandwich was very average. The burger and onion rings came stone cold. The server took them immediately and ordered a refire. When the burger came eventually, it was unremarkable and clearly a bought in frozen patty.

I was impressed with the service, we received a free beer and the burger was taken off the bill. Which was great service, pity the food didn't match up.

I can not commend the bar staff, servers and the manager enough, when things went wrong they were corrected without even the need to complain, however the food didn't match up. The mea was ok and the beer was acceptable. An ok experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere