“Great food, brews, and view!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 40 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: The Frankenmuth Brewery is housed in the historic 4 story 28,000 sq foot building on the Cass River in downtown Frankenmuth, MI. An exciting destination for food lovers and beer aficionados alike. We provide seasonal outdoor dining, live entertainment, an impressive selection of German inspired craft beers, Brewery Tours and Brewer for the Day experiences. The menu includes great burgers and sandwiches, hand tossed pizza, ribs, pasta, fish and delicious salads.
Richmond, Kentucky
“Great food, brews, and view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We visited the Frankenmuth Brewery after tiring of the fare at Bavarian Inn/Zehnders and were impressed by what we found. The portobello mushroom fries were beer-battered and super good. My husband had a burger, which he quickly devoured and said was fantastic. I stuck with the fish and chips Best beer-battered cod I've ever had. Husband opted for a beer and I a root beer. Both were good and decently priced. Would recommend the brewery over the other dining options in Frankenmuth if you're looking for quantity AND quality.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, Ontario
“Amazing Burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband and I stopped in Frankenmuth for lunch on our way home after a camping trip to the UP. This was our first time to Frankenmuth. We didn't know where to eat, but after reading the specials posted outside the brewery and noting it was 1/2 price for burgers we decided to give it a try.

We couldn't stop talking about how good our burgers were the rest of the drive home. When they arrived at our table I wasn't sure how I was going to manage eating it all, but there was none left in the end. The fries were great too!

When it comes to beer my husband drinks nothing but Bud Light. He's not usually a fan of micro brewery type beer. The waitress was very helpful in selecting a beer for my husband and he really enjoyed the selection (sorry can't remember the name of it) and even ordered a 2nd glass.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Foods and beer some of the best in Michigan!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011 via mobile

The food is very good, the service has a great understanding of the different beers, the menu gives you the IBU rating to help better understand which one you might like. Having tried several different beers, across the board, and almost all michigan beers, these are some of the best!

Mayville, Michigan
“People are so critical on a place with a 45 min wait.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I go to the brewery very often. I have seen the extremely busy times and I see how the servers and staff are treated by rude tourists that think of just themselves. With a 45 min wait at the door and you see all the staff running for the customers to provide them good service. You would think someone would realize that the poor servers are running around and trying to tend to everyones needs. I seen one waitress tend to the most needy people in the world instead of people getting things together the poor girl would drop off one drink to keep getting others. Especially fourth of july weekend we were there. I think being a local the business is wonderful to bad tourists come in expecting free meals and something for nothing all the time. People need to stop cutting down the restaurant because they are not getting their way. It is a great establishment and the staff is always eager to please in the ten months i have been going there i have never had issues with poor service. People need to realize a little more than they do and if something goes wrong in the kitchen do not take it out on the servers trying to get your experience to be a good one. It is wrong to not leave a gratuity then it is like they are paying to wait on your table that is not fair to a server making 2.65 an hour and they rely on their tips. If you have issues of bad service then you need to tell a manager not bad mouth a restaurant because you dont get your free meal because you could not afford to eat out in the first place.I am at this place every week to eat and have a great time.

Michigan
“This Place Will Probably Close Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We've come to this place a few times now after running a local race. Unfortunately this place is going off our rotation. Upon arriving, we both used the restrooms. Mine was filthy. It looked like it hadn't had a good scrub down in some time. My husband said the men's room was almost out of hand soap... yuck. When I sat down, I noticed food crusted on the salt shakers. I used to work as a server myself and we always wiped them down. Our server was just awful. It took forever for our apps to arrive leading me to think he forgot them. He would rush by our table acting really busy avoiding eye contact with us, so if we needed something such as refills..too bad. My sandwich had no taste. The chicken seemed gamey. My husbands burger was just OK. Our bill arrived and was wrong, he did adjust it. We will definitely be looking for a new place to go post race from now on unfortunately.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere