“Super location for easy access to FNT Bishop” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sterling Heights, MI
“Super location for easy access to FNT Bishop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel has a free shuttle to and from FNT Bishop Airport. I frequently use my Marriott points to stay here if I have an early flight from FNT (flights leave starting at 6AM). The staff does a great job and the new Bistro is one of the nicest ones in the Courtyard chain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Courtyard, not the highway. You'll hear airplane noise, but FNT o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Flint, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for all the wonderful comments about our property. We great appreciate the review. We appreciate your business and hope that you will come and stay with us again when in the Flint area. I will be sure to share all your comments with my staff. Please keep in mind we also have a park and ride with shuttle service for the FNT Bishop airport.

Kimberly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Waterford, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I prefer to fly out of bishop airport in flint, mi and usually stay at the flint courtyard near the airport for the convenience of making early morning flights. Our experience has been that the rooms are clean and staff helpful. The last two times we've stayed there we requested a 4:00 am wake up call. We say the request being written down, but never got the call. Thank goodness our cell phone alarms worked or we would have missed our plane. Management needs to tighten up these important details.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay with us. I am so sorry about the issue with the wake up calls. I assure you I have address this issue with my staff. Guest satisfaction is our number one concern. I agree that not being woke up for a any reason when expecting it is a huge disappointment. I would be upset to. Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do to further assist you or if you would like to speak about this. I hope that you will come and see us again and give us the opportunity to make this up to you.

Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at the hotel (second time) as part of a trip to Peoria. The hotel staff is great, friendly and ready to serve. The rooms are clean, well appointed and very comfortable.

We have always liked this hotel and it meets the high standards of a Marriott Courtyard.

Great value and worth the stay. Restaurant is clean but limited menu.

Room Tip: Always a good room available.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Flint, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so much for all the positive comments about our property and staff. I was excited when I read the review that our staff provided the "Spirit to Serve" that we take pride in. Thank you for the 4 stars. Please let us know what we can improve on to receive the 5. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you for your continued patronage.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I love staying at this Courtyard. I travel to the Flint area quite often for business and always enjoy my stay here. The location is superb right off of Hwy-23 and I-75 and surrounded by all necessary convieneces.The staff consistently welcomes me as though I've entered their home. During my last stay guest services rep Kenny was amazing! He even helped me schedule reservations for a future trip. I will continue to patron this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Flint, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments in regards to our property and Kenny at the front desk. I agree he is an asset to our company. We appreciate your return business and are excited to have you come back again.

Thank you!

East Lansing, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about Carol from Housekeeping. She became my two year old son's new best friend. This woman truly cares about the guests and their experience.

We were in town for a wedding, and had several rooms between our whole family. My son spent two days going in between all the rooms, and in the hallway he would ask where Miss Carol was. If she was there, she made it a point to stop and talk to him and ask him what he was up to. She was so friendly and welcoming and we were made to feel like we were at home. She went above and beyond her duties and even left my son a coloring book and crayons in the room one evening. Talk about paying it forward! This property is so lucky to have her kind spirit on their staff.

To be fair, everyone we saw on staff said hello, and managers always asked if everything was ok with our stay. My son also had a potty accident just after we had just gotten fresh towels and they were exchanged with no problems at all. The front desk staff always said good bye when we left, and hello when we came back to the room. We just loved Carol!!

The only reason I didn't give this hotel a FIVE is because the breakfast options did not look appealing and we drove to a Bob Evans instead. It would have been more convenient to eat on site. Some of the areas looked dated, but some looked recently renovated. Perhaps they are in the middle of a complete overhaul?

The beds were comfortable, the heat and a/c worked properly, and we appreciated that the sink was outside of the toilet/shower area as we were all trying to get ready for a family wedding at the same time. We also liked the large flat screen tv. It was not too noisy either, from the parking lot or the hallways. Our room was on the second floor, which also brings me to another point--the elevator was s-l-o-w. Really slow. Great for a two year old who loved to watch the kids in the indoor pool (which we didn't get to use) but bad if you were in a hurry.

I also noticed a lobby computer for airport check-in (this property is less than 10 minutes from Flint Bishop airport) along with free newspapers and sundries for purchase. The location is a big plus. The Gateway Center has a great restaurant in The Redwood Lodge, and a two minute drive will get you to a Meijer store, a Tim Horton's, McDonald's, Taco Bell, and Arby's. It's also less than 15 minutes to downtown Flint.

Our family comes to town about three times a year, staying at various hotels in the Gateway Center. Carol made a customer for life with my family and I will bet they stay here from now on just because of her!

Room Tip: The second floor is quieter, and some rooms have a balcony!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your positive comments about our hotel. I will be honored to share your experience with our staff especially Carol. We agree that Carol is an asset to our company. I am sorry you did not take advantage of the Bistro. Our Bistro is designed for our customers to have their choice of items cooked fresh to order and take it with them or dine in and relax.. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for the comments.

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the Labor Day Weekend. We were attending a family reunion and so the location worked perfectly for us. The staff in the hotel were very helpful and very pleasant. The facilities were perfect for our group. We used the pool and the hot tub - very clean. We had the use of an outside coutyard which was totally enclosed and private from the road. The furniture in the courtyard was clean and very comfortable. The rooms were great, especially the suites - well worth the extra $'s. Ten adults and ten children were there and had a wonderful weekend - thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for posting your review of our property. It was so nice to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. The courtyard makes a great area to gather with family and friends to catch up. Please let us know if you decide to have your reunion in our area again. We would love to have you stay with us.... Thank you once again we appreciate your business and hope to see to you in the future.

Trinity
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I booked the hotel with points and it lived up to Courtyard Standards. The room was spacious, clean and not noisy. The downside was the airport shuttle that they share with the Holiday Inn. We arrived about 7 PM and tried to reserve a shuttle for 5:20 Am (they run every 20 minutes), they told us that one was full, along with the 5, 5:40 and 6. If we wanted a shuttle we would have to go at 4:40 for a 7 Am flight, no thanks. The worst part was in the morning when I watched the shuttle leave at 5:20 and only had a few people on board and a second shuttle bus just sat there not being used. If you are an airport hotel, be prepared for guest who need a shuttle.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Flint, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate the positive feed back regarding the positive experience that you had at the hotel. I apologize in regards to the issues with the shuttle. We have addressed the issue with the HI shuttle and would like you to know that we have recently certified our own employees to drive their second van to avoid this situation from happening again. I am so sorry for the inconvenience! I have also awarded Marriott bonus points to your account. Although this does not make up for the situation I hope that it shows that we are serious about handling any guest complaint with the upmost sincerity and that we care about our guests.
We hope you will return to our Courtyard next time you are in the Flint area.

Kimberly Marme

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Flint? Share your experiences!