“Everything I've come to expect from the brand + amazing customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Flint

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Flint
New York
“Everything I've come to expect from the brand + amazing customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed at the property for a week for work. It's a great representation of the brand with the addition of great staff top to bottom. They went above and beyond on a few occasions during my stay and it's clear that they really care about the guests and the guest experience.

Standard hot and cold breakfast options in line with the HI Express brand plus a few additions that I'd not yet come across at other properties - greek yogurt and gluten-free bagels.

When I first told my client where I booked they were concerned about the location of the hotel but I wasn't about to change a few days into my stay. It's a few blocks away from the U of M - Flint campus and I felt perfectly safe walking and running there as a solo female. You have to be a responsible adult and watch your surroundings like you would and other US cities.

There is not much right near the hotel - except the "frat bar" that another reviewer noted. It was summer, so I didn't get to experience that and comment. If you've got some time and want to explore, walk about a half mile through campus to a downtown that seems to be going an interesting revitalization. I walked down there just about every night and found anything from and "urban bbq and beer" join to a hole-in-the-wall beer bar famous for their burgers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

It is a Holiday Inn Express, so you know what you are getting, nice new beds, sheets, towels, breakfast etc. This hotel stood out due to the staff. Norma Jean at breakfast was by far the nicest breakfast lady I have ever encountered. She stopped several times to wait on us, bringing my Mom biscuits when they had run out earlier. She removed the dirty dishes from the table. She asked about our trip, etc. She even went out of her way to wish us a safe trip and say goodbye when we checked out an hour later. The front desk staff was nice, the maids went out of their way to say hello and be friendly. They all deserve kudos. But, especially Norma Jean.

I was traveling with my mother and aunt, both in their 70's. We were up late talking, but never heard a sound from the nearby bar or other travelers. I didn't realize there was a bar nearby until we left the next morning (we stayed on a Saturday night).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had a very nice stay, a very comfy bed for all of us, pillows are clean, white and soft including all bath towels, hand towels and face cloths. This hotel has the best service from all staff at this hotel. They all deserve a 5+ rating.

Norma Jean, thank you for your care and attention. You made us feel so much at home.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Trevor, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This place does not even deserve 2 stars. It is right next to a frat bar which is loud until 2 or 3 am. The hotel is run down. Our wardrobe had two mis-matched handles and the chair was filthy and stained. We particularly enjoyed being awoken to the sound of someone revving their motorcycle as loud as they could at 1:00 in the morning. Not because they were going anywhere, just because they could apparently.

Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flint, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Doug M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay.

Again, thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Flint hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I was in Flint because my 1st grandchild was being born at Hurley. I stayed 3 days at another hotel that was about 15 minutes away . I moved to Holiday Inn Express Flint to be closer to the hospital. The staff was absolutely WONDERFUL. It was a stressful situation & they treated me like family. I've stayed at hotels all over the world & I can honestly say Katie was the best front desk person I've ever met. The food was good, & the breakfast server I believe Carmen was great & the price reasonable. It was $35 per night cheaper. It was clean & met my needs. They asked about my Grandson daily & went above & beyond . My grandson did not make it, but I will always remember the caring staff . Thank you

• Stayed June 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

The room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. I was not a fan of the carpet which looked like it was in need of a deep cleaning. We also had a very clogged tub which maintenance had to fix. The lady who was over the breakfast service was extremely sweet, and the food was good. Overall, it was okay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Northampton, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Third stay at this Holiday Inn in 2 years. Much better experience than previously. The staff is 4 star: helpful, attentive, personable, willing to go above and beyond. No onsite restaurant, but staff can get anything delivered. CsExcellent housekeeping staff, clearly freshly cleaned carpet in my room. Comfortable beds, reasonable room size. King room has microwave and fridge. Breakfast bar has meat and eggs as well as fresh pancakes , yoghurt, cereal and fruit.

Updating the furnishings in rooms and the lobby would make this a 4 star.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
flintexpressgm, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flint, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff does pride itself on customer service and we are glad you recognized that. Also, thank you for noticing our clean rooms and wonderful breakfast! Hope to see you again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Flint? Share your experiences!