“Nice hotel with GREAT staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Ohio
“Nice hotel with GREAT staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

It is a Holiday Inn Express, so you know what you are getting, nice new beds, sheets, towels, breakfast etc. This hotel stood out due to the staff. Norma Jean at breakfast was by far the nicest breakfast lady I have ever encountered. She stopped several times to wait on us, bringing my Mom biscuits when they had run out earlier. She removed the dirty dishes from the table. She asked about our trip, etc. She even went out of her way to wish us a safe trip and say goodbye when we checked out an hour later. The front desk staff was nice, the maids went out of their way to say hello and be friendly. They all deserve kudos. But, especially Norma Jean.

I was traveling with my mother and aunt, both in their 70's. We were up late talking, but never heard a sound from the nearby bar or other travelers. I didn't realize there was a bar nearby until we left the next morning (we stayed on a Saturday night).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had a very nice stay, a very comfy bed for all of us, pillows are clean, white and soft including all bath towels, hand towels and face cloths. This hotel has the best service from all staff at this hotel. They all deserve a 5+ rating.

Norma Jean, thank you for your care and attention. You made us feel so much at home.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Trevor, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This place does not even deserve 2 stars. It is right next to a frat bar which is loud until 2 or 3 am. The hotel is run down. Our wardrobe had two mis-matched handles and the chair was filthy and stained. We particularly enjoyed being awoken to the sound of someone revving their motorcycle as loud as they could at 1:00 in the morning. Not because they were going anywhere, just because they could apparently.

Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flint, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Doug M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay.

Again, thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Flint hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I was in Flint because my 1st grandchild was being born at Hurley. I stayed 3 days at another hotel that was about 15 minutes away . I moved to Holiday Inn Express Flint to be closer to the hospital. The staff was absolutely WONDERFUL. It was a stressful situation & they treated me like family. I've stayed at hotels all over the world & I can honestly say Katie was the best front desk person I've ever met. The food was good, & the breakfast server I believe Carmen was great & the price reasonable. It was $35 per night cheaper. It was clean & met my needs. They asked about my Grandson daily & went above & beyond . My grandson did not make it, but I will always remember the caring staff . Thank you

• Stayed June 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

The room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. I was not a fan of the carpet which looked like it was in need of a deep cleaning. We also had a very clogged tub which maintenance had to fix. The lady who was over the breakfast service was extremely sweet, and the food was good. Overall, it was okay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Northampton, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Third stay at this Holiday Inn in 2 years. Much better experience than previously. The staff is 4 star: helpful, attentive, personable, willing to go above and beyond. No onsite restaurant, but staff can get anything delivered. CsExcellent housekeeping staff, clearly freshly cleaned carpet in my room. Comfortable beds, reasonable room size. King room has microwave and fridge. Breakfast bar has meat and eggs as well as fresh pancakes , yoghurt, cereal and fruit.

Updating the furnishings in rooms and the lobby would make this a 4 star.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
flintexpressgm, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flint, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff does pride itself on customer service and we are glad you recognized that. Also, thank you for noticing our clean rooms and wonderful breakfast! Hope to see you again soon!
Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed here on Tuesday February 25th. I had reservations for the 24th and 25th. I understood that would mean a 2 night charge. I arrived at about 7am on the 25th and checked into the room on the 4th floor. I put my bags and computer in the room, freshened up and headed out to a conference I was attending for two days. I returned at 5:30 pm and went to my room, but the key wouldn't work. I went back down to the desk and told Corey at the front desk. He said sometimes the key will get demagnetized and he reactivated it for me. I went back up, the door still wouldn't unlock. Corey said it must be the key, so he made a new one. I went back up (I was carrying my carryout dinner, coat and briefcase this whole time) still would not unlock. I was frustrated by now having hauled all my stuff up and down the elevator 3 times now. I went back down and Corey said he would go up with me and try a key from the desk. When we got there, Corey tried several times to no avail. I was locked out of my room. We went back to the lobby where Corey called his manager. He came to tell me a few minutes later that they had to call in someone from maintenance to unlock the door and it would be about 20-30 minutes. Corey offered to let me go to a different room to wait. I said if it was only 20-30 minutes, I would just wait in the lobby, since all my bags were in the locked room, that was a mistake. Over an hour later, Corey finally told me the maintenance guy couldn't get the room open and they had to call in another guy. A few minutes later another employee at registration told me they had another room for me where I could wait until they got the room open, I took her up on it that time because it was nearly two hours and my food was long since cold. She told me she would put me in a jacuzzi room, but I told it I had no interest in an upgraded room as I wouldn't use the jacuzzi. I told her I was so upset that I was just about ready to get my things, and drive back home for the night and drive back the next day for the rest of my conference. I told her I expected that I would not be charged for one of the nights. She prepared a key for my new room and put it in the envelope which she had written the room number on. It was room 530. Okay, I go up in the elevator to the 5th floor, still hauling all my stuff. All the way at the end was room 530. I put the key in the slot....yellow light...door still locked. I tried again, same thing but this time, I thought I heard movement behind the door. I tried again, and I clearly heard someone lock the door from inside, so I decided to knock. Someone answered and said "what do you want?" I said "I've been given this room, is it already occupied?" The voice responded "yeah, this is my room". I apologized. So now I slog my tired, weary self all the way back to the lobby. I told the girl that the guy in 530 wasn't happy that I was trying to get into his room. She responded "I told you to go to 430!" I told her she never told me where to go, and showed her the envelope where she wrote 530 on it. She was very embarassed , and apologized. She could tell I was not happy. She double checked the key and promised me it was for 430. I went to 430, entered without a problem and turned on the TV. I had nothing else to do since all my belongings were locked in another room. About 45 minutes later, I received a call that the other room was open and I could get my things. She said they were holding the door open and if it closed they didn't know how long it would take to get open again. I went immediately to get my things. It had been over 3 hours I was locked out of a room that was PAID FOR. The gentleman who opened the room asked me what they could do to make it right. I was so frustrated, I didn't want anything. He said, what do you want, really? I said well I expect to not pay for one of my nights and maybe a voucher for a future stay. He agreed, and I said can I expect that to be ready when I check out in the morning? He said it would be taken care of. When I checked out the next morning, the receipt showed only one night, so I was satisfied. When I asked about the voucher, the desk clerk said she didn't know anything about it. She offered to check with the manager, but I didn't have time to wait. I got a message later asking me to call back to arrange the voucher. A week later and my employer is questioning why there is 2 nights charged to the credit card when I said one was comped. So, I called the hotel, to get the charge removed and claim my voucher. Katy answered the phone and I explained the situation. She put me on hold to check with the manager. It seems everyone I talked to during this whole situation was not authorized to comp anything. I still have to pay for 2 nights, even locked out 3 hrs. I protested, she said its not their fault the lock failed. Huh? Who wants a voucher that is only good at this location? I will never stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flint, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Allen B,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We have sent you a private message to address your concerns further.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Baymont Inn Flint
Courtyard by Marriott Flint
#4 of 17 in Flint
4.0 of 5 stars 135 reviews
Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Flint? Share your experiences!