“Stayed here when flight was cancelled” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Flint
New England
“Stayed here when flight was cancelled”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Our flight from Flint on 6/25 was cancelled and we weren't able to get another flight until the following day. We stayed here at the suggestion of a Southwest Airlines agent and we were very happy with it. The shuttle picked us up and check in was easy. The room was very nice, clean, spacious with a clean bathroom and a good supply of towels. We ate that night in the hotel restaurant and were happy with the food, price and service. We set up a time at the front desk for the shuttle to bring us back to the airport the next morning at 4:20 and when we went to the lobby, the shuttle driver was there and brought us right to the airport. What could have been a bad experience with a flight cancellation and having to stay overnight, worked out for us with no stress.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear New England guest, thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc area! We will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the staff and we look forward to hosting you again should your travels bring you back to the Flint area from New England! We value your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My friend is now the Commander of the VFW in Michigan. His induction was held at the Holiday Inn in Flint and luckily I was invited. I knew I was going to be celebrating so I made sure to drink responsibly and get a room! My sister was suppose to go with me, but unfortunately her husband came down with a bad case of the shingles - ouch! So, in other words she had to stay home and take care of him and I went alone!

No big deal, just a little change. The new Commander for 2014 for Michigan was my brother's best friend throughout his lifetime. He died a few years ago and so I represented the family with happiness! Anyway, the Holiday Inn was so convenient - parking, restaurant, bar, conference/convention area - everything was perfect. Once I received my room I walked in and was very pleasantly surprised. Big TV, free wifi, nice sized and clean bathroom, 2 double beds and a view of the parking log - no big deal! Had dinner in their restaurant and was not displeased, food was good. Had a drink at their bar and the bartender was very nice. Went into the convention area and it was perfect.

Thank you Holiday Inn for such a nice stay and my room was awesome!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Debra, thank you for your comments regarding your stay experience during the VFW conference. I will share your feedback with the rest of the hotel staff as they also enjoyed servicing the Conference. We look forward to seeing you next year!
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Attended a convention at this location, rooms were nice, was able to check in when I arrived at noon. Staff was very professional, Restaurant is located in building, so no need to travel, special buffet were offered during our stay. Meeting rooms were all in one location, so no need to travel all over the hotel. Swimming pool was available. If you have over flow for a convention, there is a hotel immediately next door, walk out of one hotel over to the next.
We will be returning next year for another convention.
This location is near the Bishop Airport in Flint Michigan.
I would recommend this for a family or group gathering.

Room Tip: They have 1 st floor room available great for those needing handicap rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear June Guest, thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc area during your conference. We thoroughly enjoyed hosting your conference and we look forward to seeing you again next year! We value the partnership!
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel earlier this week. The front desk staff, especially Nicole, was both warm & friendly and professional. Can't beat that! Then I got to my room, which was clean and spacious. Although I suffer from insomnia, I slept like a baby. The following morning I was treated to a delicious breakfast buffet. My server was kind and attentive. The food was incredible. This is one hotel that I can't wait to return to.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kathy, thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay experience at the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc area. I will be sure to share your comments with Nicole and the rest of the staff and we look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring back to the area from Texas. We appreciate your loyalty!
Swartz Creek, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Reserved 6 pool side rooms, by the time the day of the wedding arrived we had 2 families cancel. They were very very nice about cancelling the two rooms. I found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were perfect. The children enjoyed the pool, and the rest of our party enjoyed a quiet restful evening. The breakfast buffet was very good and the selection filled all our needs. All in all a very enjoyable stay and we plan to make our next family reunion here :)

Room Tip: If you have children who love to swim, be sure to check into the pool side rooms. Patio doors enter...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Korene, thank you for your feedback regarding the Wedding Party's stay at the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc Area! I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff and we look forward to hosting your reunion! Thank you for making the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc area your hotel of choice when looking for accommodations! We value your patronage!
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husbands work has there holiday party here every year, and it is amazing. The food is very good, the staff are wonderful. The facility is very clean, it is nice that the banquet center has it's own separate entrance so you don't have to go through the whole hotel. It's always nice to get a room in case you want to have some alcohol.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Amanda, thank you for your feedback regarding your May stay at the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc area! I will share your comments with the rest of the staff and we look forward to hosting you and your husband at his works holiday party this year. We value your business!
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was a last minute stay the second time I have been there in 2 months and I can say they really try to do there best.
The first time I was there last year it was not very good considering the cost and unkempt conditions of the hotel since then they have improved but are limited in what they can do with an older building
I was upgraded without asking for it and the Hotel food while not spectacular was improved and warm. I never did get the promised additional reward points for my February Stay because food was quality was not great but they tried very hard to please there guests .

This past weekend just a couple of glitch's I asked for a coffee pot for the coffee maker twice never got it. I noticed there is not a service elevator for housekeeping so they had to use Guest elevators...I think they should have let the Guests use the elevator while they waited for a free elevator...This irritated some that were waiting

Room Tip: Do not stay in the rooms close to the pool unless you have kids
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Paul, thank you for your comments regarding your 2nd stay experience at our hotel. We value all feedback, good or areas of improvement. Although your 2nd experience improved from your previous stay, I still value your feedback regarding your experience with our houskeeping staff and the elevators. I will be sure to share your comments with our Director of Housekeeping. I hope that you will consider our property again should your travels bring you back to the area. We want to earn your business!

Been to Holiday Inn Flint? Share your experiences!