“Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Maryland
“Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was in the area for a wedding and decided to stay here. The room was reasonably priced and were nice and clean. The hotel has a nice little bar down stairs. It was great! After the wedding reception many of the wedding guests also staying in the hotel met up at the bar, which stayed open until 2 am for us. They were super friendly. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Coug88,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing that our facilities are cleaned & well cared for and that we have the friendly staff in Flint, MI! J Porters is a great place to unwind anytime of day or night.

Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. We hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Flint, Michigan!

Management & Staff of the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lecanto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Clean, comfortable room with a bar, restaurant and lobby out of 1984. Deadsville, boring.... The good news is there is great restaurant The Redwood right across the street about 200 yards away. The hotel had of parking and was right off the main road. Service was friendly!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear legend1836,

I'm Randy Richmond, general manager at the Holiday Inn Gateway Center Flint, MI. Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and it's our pleasure to offer you great Holiday Inn service. Thank you for noticing that our Holiday Inn hotel & J Porters Restaurant is a great place for good food & good service as well!

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing our hotel. We hope you will come back soon!

Randy and your friendly staff at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre Flint, MI
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Easy check-in, fairly clean room but place needs updating. Helpful check-in staff. Floor plan different. Did not like to look up from lobby/restaurant area and see the rooms. Nothing major wrong but not sure if I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Keyser_Soze_9,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing that our facilities are cleaned & well cared for. Our associates take pride in the the way they keep our hotel clean and well maintained-I'll let them know that you appreciated their efforts.

Kitchener, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Front desk staff were fairly friendly though the hotel is in need of some freshening (paint, decor, etc.). Hotel was value priced which made the stay acceptable.

Our room was on the second floor across from the pool (on the first floor). The pool was supposed to close at 10:00 but people were allowed to continue to swim well past 11:00. Very noisy when trying to get two children asleep. Worse, were the people in the adjacent room who came in loaded up with cases of beer and partied until 2 a.m. The walls in the room seemed paper thin.

Finally, the bed sagged and was difficult to get comfortable in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear On_The_Road_Canuck,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing that our staff are some of the friendliest associates in Flint!

I am so sorry to hear about the noise you encountered in the room you recently stayed in. The rooms on the back side of our hotel are farther away from the pool and are quieter, and we would be happy to book a room for you in this location on your next visit.

Is there anything else I can do to ensure your stay is flawless next time? Please let me know by calling me at (810) 232-5300. Again thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The hotel is very clean with a very extremely friendly staff! The hotel has J.Porters restaurant in it with great food and very cold beer, not to mention they ran out of my kind of beer one night and a staff member ran out and purchased more for me. (That is customer service)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Georgetown, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had great service at J. Porters - enjoyed the bar and the food was great! I would advise any personn traveling to the Flint area to stay at the Holiday Inn. It is a very clean hotel with a wide variety of things to do.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I travel on business often and this full-service Holiday Inn is one of my favorites and offers great value and service in the Flint area. Whether a business traveler or family, the staff here takes very good care of their customers. l have always been treated as a highly valued customer ensuring I am very satisfied with my stay, meal etc. and I come back because of that!

On a recent business trip I became ill and the staff made sure I had everything I needed to recover and well enough to travel back home. I don't know what I would have done without the caring and service they extended to me on that trip, they were terrific!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Flint? Share your experiences!