“It's cheap, don't expect much.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Airport

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn Airport to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2325 Austin Parkway, Flint, MI 48507 (Formerly Sleep Inn Flint)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“It's cheap, don't expect much.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Our room was on the ground floor facing the parking lot which typically isn't a big deal except out curtain was also broken and wouldn't close all the way. I had to use a book to hold one side of it down and clipped it to a coat hanger on the other.

We didn't have enough towels and when I asked the concierge for more they said that they didn't have any and wouldn't until the rooms got serviced in the morning. I guess they only have just enough to put in the rooms.

The shower had black mold in it.

They do offer breakfast. It's bread, muffins, cereal, and waffles. Nothing fabulous and full of gluten bit it's food. They did have apples the first morning we were there but none after that. We stayed for 4 nights.

Also, the staff was nice. Any time I asked them about anything they were quick to check for me and were genuinely apologetic when they didn't have any towels.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were at a rest area outside of Flit when we decided to stop for the night. We looked online and since this place was so close we decided to just drive over and check it out. Upon arrival we learned the door card programming machine was out of order and we'd need to wait until it was fixed to get a room. The desk receptionist (Nicole??) was very nice and promised to hold a 2-queen bed room for us while we ate dinner and confirmed we could get the online price as well.

When we returned an hour later everything was working and we got our room.

While we were assured this was a 2-queen room it was in fact 2-double beds.

The vent cover on the AC was broken (parts missing) and it looked like someone had taken down all the art work that may have once hung in the room. Several lights in the room did not work and at the pool only 2 of the 8 overhead lights were on making if fairly dark as night came on. The pool spa apparently ahs been decommissioned since it was covered with a large deck that was very slippery. The room was reasonably clean.

Breakfast was an expanded continental. They offered breakfast burritos and a waffle maker in conjunction with the usual rolls, cereal, etc.

Most disconcerting was the call I receive a few days later claiming to be the Rodeway manager. He said there was a problem with my credit card, gave me the last 4-digits, my name and address. My caller ID showed him to be in Alabama and when I questioned him he said he didn't know why that was since he was calling from Flint, MI. I refused to give him my card number and told him I'd call the hotel directly and give it to them instead. When I called the hotel they informed me this had been going on all day and hopefully I hadn't given out my card number. I'm not sure how someone got that much detail on my stay, but it concerns me that this may have been an inside job.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

moldy rooms, trash left in rooms, rude front desk the "general manager" hangs up on us when we called to ask a question. Very rude will never stay again the staff even the house keepers were snooty even towards the 5 year old boy when he asked for a trash bag the house keeper says "really you need a big one" Sorry were the type we strip the beds before leaving, and put all our trash into one big bag. I am a manger for a motel and I know how hard it can be. So we try to be courteous SORRY TO TRY AND HELP!

Room Tip: go elsewhere, moldy rooms, trash left in rooms, rude front desk the "general manager" hang...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Shallotte, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The discounted rate for the area made this an alright stay. You got a clean room for a quick nights sleep. Offered nothing special, but also nothing unexpected. The breakfast has room for improvement. The windows did open which is a big deal to me..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Canton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Booked the hotel off hotels.com. we were just looking for a place to sleep and have breakfast. So we didnt want to spend alot. The room was clean. The breakfast room was small and no regular attendant to clean up after sloppy people. So as early as 7:15 it needed attention. Waffle, cereal, muffuns, bagels, fruit were your choices. Overall we were satisfied for just a place to sleep. If we were spending more than one night here i would choose a better quality hotel. Looks like this use to be a Sleep Inn. Hotel directions are wrong. From 75S make a right off exit then a left onto Austin pkwy. From the north make a left go over the freeway then a left onto Austin. Ps you gotta go up to Birch Run to Tonys I75 restaurant. Its the bomb. 20 min. North happy and safe traveling!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pelham, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The whole hotel feels like it's crumbling. The paint was peeling, the walls and outlets were dirty, the door had big scratches in it. There was a loud group of kids partying in the room next to ours and when we complained to the person at the desk they did seem to quiet down. I wouldn't stay here again, but it wasn't so bad that I left early.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Novi, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

It was my 1st time at this hotel. I hadn't looked at the reviews and had to find a place to crash at the last minute as I was traveling through.

It really is a good hotel for the money. The person at the check-in counter was friendly and efficient. She mentioned that the management was new and that if I had any issues, I should immediately contact her. Fortunately I didn't have to, as things were pretty good. I would say for the money, it's a pretty good hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: I didn't try the room service and there was no restaurant on property. But they do serve free br...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn Airport? Share your experiences!