“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hometown Inn (Flint)

You added Hometown Inn (Flint) to your Saves list
Hometown Inn (Flint)
3277 Miller Road/I-75, Flint, MI 48507   |
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Flint, Michigan
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The price and location were great! I stayed here as a little get away. The price was great for the room. Hometown is right on Miller Rd. which is close to a lot of places, and is right off of the express way. For the price I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I use the internet for businessan was assured it worked great. After two days it worked about as good as aol in 1998 ..good luck if wifi is importand to u. Room was ok for money...very noisy in the morning with staff screamimg outside about housekeeping

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

They advertise wi fi but did not work even after complaints to manager. So so room. Obvious drug activity with no security on site. Stayed next nite at sleep inn down the street and little more money but ten times better

• Stayed December 2012
AndyHometown, Manager at Hometown Inn (Flint), responded to this review, December 10, 2012
I am sorry your stay was not pleasant with us, our wifi is up and running fast, we are still in process of going room by room and making sure every room is 100 percent, i personally watch for drug activity and i can assure you it is non-existent here since i took over as manager, i hope you will give us another chance in the future, please contact me at andyhometown@ymail.com and i will take care of you for your next stay with us
Flint, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This motel has cleaned up since my last visit. I can definetely see the difference. The new management is taking an effort to fix the rooms. Last visit the rooms were falling apart. Don't get me wrong cielings and carpet definetely need some repairs, especially the carpet! You can only shampoo something so much. Now that the ghetto clientelle is diminishing I recommend some paint in the rooms and some carpet. Get rid of the nasty outdated wallpaper. Get carpet that actually resembles carpet. The best thing this motel has going is the staff! The staff is outgoing, hard working, and trying to clean this place up with what they have to work with. YOU have to spend money to make money.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Non-smoking room reeked of smoke. Stained 20 year old carpet. Stained 20 year old furniture. Curtain mangled. A/C did not work. Parts of it laying on floor of room when I checked in. Cheaper places nearby. Should have done more research.

• Stayed August 2012
Burton, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was the WORST place I have EVER been in in my life! I had my girlfriend come in from Alabama and OMG was I ever embarrassed! The carpet was SO nasty! It was damp and SO filthy that we didn't want to even take our shoes off! The room smelled like old stale cigarette smoke so badly that my quilt I brought in to lay on the bed with had to be washed twice. It was SO bad the we paid for 2 nights, but left the morning after we got up and let the other night go. Just could NOT stay there another minute. The mold was so bad that I could feel it in my lungs and I have asthma.
There is NO Fitness Center, NO breakfast, NO clean pool like they advertise, NO clean picnic area like the pictures...NONE of the pictures look even CLOSE to what we seen when we walked in! This place NEEDS to be shut down! The health department needs to be brought in! Trust me...don't even think of staying here!

Room Tip: This was the WORST place I have EVER been in in my life! I had my girlfriend come in from Alabama an...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I cannot believe anyone would rate this nasty place as either "tolerable" or "clean", and I would hate to see where they actually live and how they keep it if they think this place was "okay for the money". (I am quoting some of the reviews I just read) Whole place was so dirty it made us itch to be in the room. Bedspread was filthy and looked as though it had never been washed or changed. Bathroom smelled like urine, tub had so many burn marks on it it looked like an ashtray; ceramic tile on floor was cracked in many places and actually slipped out of place when you walked on it; getting a towel was almost impossible, and didn't want to use them when you did, Don't stay there unless you don't mind, drug dealers, prostitutes and the like coming and going and knocking on doors at all times of night AND day.....horrible place. Two words: unsafe DUMP We didn't stay the night and lost our money.

Room Tip: stay with the well-known chains and pay a little more if cleanliness and safety is important to you
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hometown Inn (Flint)? Share your experiences!