“New Management” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hometown Inn (Flint)

You added Hometown Inn (Flint) to your Saves list
Hometown Inn (Flint)
3277 Miller Road/I-75, Flint, MI 48507   |
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Flint, Michigan
“New Management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This motel has cleaned up since my last visit. I can definetely see the difference. The new management is taking an effort to fix the rooms. Last visit the rooms were falling apart. Don't get me wrong cielings and carpet definetely need some repairs, especially the carpet! You can only shampoo something so much. Now that the ghetto clientelle is diminishing I recommend some paint in the rooms and some carpet. Get rid of the nasty outdated wallpaper. Get carpet that actually resembles carpet. The best thing this motel has going is the staff! The staff is outgoing, hard working, and trying to clean this place up with what they have to work with. YOU have to spend money to make money.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Non-smoking room reeked of smoke. Stained 20 year old carpet. Stained 20 year old furniture. Curtain mangled. A/C did not work. Parts of it laying on floor of room when I checked in. Cheaper places nearby. Should have done more research.

• Stayed August 2012
Burton, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was the WORST place I have EVER been in in my life! I had my girlfriend come in from Alabama and OMG was I ever embarrassed! The carpet was SO nasty! It was damp and SO filthy that we didn't want to even take our shoes off! The room smelled like old stale cigarette smoke so badly that my quilt I brought in to lay on the bed with had to be washed twice. It was SO bad the we paid for 2 nights, but left the morning after we got up and let the other night go. Just could NOT stay there another minute. The mold was so bad that I could feel it in my lungs and I have asthma.
There is NO Fitness Center, NO breakfast, NO clean pool like they advertise, NO clean picnic area like the pictures...NONE of the pictures look even CLOSE to what we seen when we walked in! This place NEEDS to be shut down! The health department needs to be brought in! Trust me...don't even think of staying here!

Room Tip: This was the WORST place I have EVER been in in my life! I had my girlfriend come in from Alabama an...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I cannot believe anyone would rate this nasty place as either "tolerable" or "clean", and I would hate to see where they actually live and how they keep it if they think this place was "okay for the money". (I am quoting some of the reviews I just read) Whole place was so dirty it made us itch to be in the room. Bedspread was filthy and looked as though it had never been washed or changed. Bathroom smelled like urine, tub had so many burn marks on it it looked like an ashtray; ceramic tile on floor was cracked in many places and actually slipped out of place when you walked on it; getting a towel was almost impossible, and didn't want to use them when you did, Don't stay there unless you don't mind, drug dealers, prostitutes and the like coming and going and knocking on doors at all times of night AND day.....horrible place. Two words: unsafe DUMP We didn't stay the night and lost our money.

Room Tip: stay with the well-known chains and pay a little more if cleanliness and safety is important to you
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Houghton Lake, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The room smelled so bad that everything that was taken in had to be washed when we arrived home. The shower curtain had mold at the bottom. The beds were very uncomfortable woke to a stiff back, the fiber fill in the pillow was bunched together, but the sheets were clean. My granddaughters had brought extra blankets that they had rolled into instead of getting under the sheet and bedspread, If we would have extra's we would have done the same!! There was no clock in the room, the internet was spotty, the TV was okay. The floors were dirty my granddauthers had brought slippers wish I would have, had to keep my shoes on. I had reserved a double queen (per the clerk this is all they had) we ended up with a room that had 2 full beds. They advertise AAA and AARP for discounts, they stated they could not do this. So we paid the full rate which was Way To Much For What We Had To Sleep In and Put Up With. The Breakfast they offer is from 6:00 am - 9:00am which I believe should be extended to 11:00 am. But Bob Evans is just 2 doors down and they have a great breakfast, with a great staff!! They rent out rooms to familys has there primary home which is fine, but they should seperate areas, so the public is not placed in between two renters. There were people coming and going all hours of the night, dogs barking(it is nice they allow pets, but they need to be controlled & not bark half the night), a women that was walking back in forth arguing on her cell phone for approx. 1/2-1hour at 11:00 pm right in front of the room we were given. The renovation in 2009 must have been just the outside to the building because the inside is DISSCUSTING!! And it is a DISSCUSTING PLACE TO STAY THEY SHOULD NOT EVEN GET 1 GREEN CIRCLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Alpena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We recently traveled in & out of Flint via Amtrak. Because of train schedules, we spent the nights coming & going in Flint. The Hometown inn is a large motel, all on one floor, 3 or 4 separate buildings & if you are looking for clean beds & no frills This place is IT.

The beds were comfortable, the sheets clean & the heat worked. We didn't watch much TV or anything else, we were too tired after driving down to Flint.

Their continental breakfast is spartan, however if you want lavish, go to Holiday Inn. AND if you want a good breakfast that you pay for... next door is Bob Evans & it's great.

In these times when gas is more than motel bills, I figure we have to save where we can. The big chains are all very nice, but kissing a hundred bucks a night good bye, on top of forty bucks a gas tank fill, well, we won't have much of a vacation. This fit our budget.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

I stopped here because there was a coupon in the Roomsaver coupon book. The first room I looked at was ok but hidden in the back and didn't work for a solo female traveler. Second room had a tissue thin bottom sheet on the bed and a tiny blanket -- that's it. Third room was slightly better, but I had to have maintenance come to get the heat going since all knobs were missing from controls. The room had been badly damaged by previous guests and not repaired. Cleanliness was tolerable at best. The room did have a TV and internet. I would only stay here again if I was on a REALLY tight budget.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Hometown Inn (Flint)? Share your experiences!