“Good service balanced out some cleaning issues” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Clare, Michigan
“Good service balanced out some cleaning issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Thank goodness excellent service outweighed lack of cleaning in room. The bed was clean but the bathroom left a lot to be desired....hair in the tub, what appeared to be urine on the outside of the toilet bowl and broken tiles on the floor. We booked a park/sleep/fly package so all we were looking for was a place to sleep before our early morning flight. In that regard it was fine. Good bed & clean linens. Breakfast was OK and dining area clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
george B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2014

PK Pillai
Comfort Inn Flint
810-232-4222

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hancock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed two nights, the room was really nice. It was clean, the beds were comfy, the shower head had plenty of pressure, the AC and heat worked, the front desk staff was very friendly. I am willing to forgive a lot as long as those things are true. But other people may not be pleased.
Though the room had a mini-fridge and a microwave, I think the microwave was older than I am (it had a dial timer!) Likewise, the TV was an old style, but it worked.
The Guest Services Directory in the room promised coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day, but there was none to be found at 5:00pm or 7:00pm. The coffee carafe in my room did not match the coffee maker, so I ended up with a counter full of hot coffee when the filter overflowed.
The Directory also advertised a "Spa/Hydrotherapy Pool" in addition to a Swimming pool, but the Spa had a large wooden platform built over it, meaning there was no hot tub. Pool towels were supposed to be available in the pool area, but we had to go the front desk to ask for them (and it was a COLD walk to the pool).
The pool area has several recessed lights in the ceiling, but only one was on, even at 9:30 at night, which, when added to the covered spa and lack of towels, really created a "forgotten" feel to the pool.
There was a vending machine area, but the pop machine was "broken - sorry" the whole three days.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stay in hotels 300+ nights yearly. This hotel is old and needs some TLC. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good and plentiful. The staff was efficient and friendly. A good place to stay only if you must.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Peterborough, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Booked 15 rooms for 2 nights - ladies shopping trip to the area...

Positives: The foyer and breakfast area have been fully redone - while we were there we watched an employee exchange out pretty much all the rooms in the hotel , their tv's upgraded to flat screens - ours were already done (Thanks George) The bedding and beds were all new and very comfortable. The breakfast was standard but lots of it and the breakfast lady was very nice and helpful - George - peanut butter and ketchup would be a nice touch...

Negatives: The rooms were tired looking... our room had a poorly patched ceiling in a large area and the caulking in the tub was moldy and black looking and grout on tiles yellowed... many of the ladies complained that their carpeting was worn and ripped in places and their heaters noisy... the pool was cold and the exercise room smelled musty so the ladies did not use the facilities offered...

I am positive that if George continues the upgrades that he has planned and in the midst of doing that this will be a very nice hotel - the price is great, the staff was wonderful and in a good area....

Room Tip: Just contact and speak to George - I'm sure he will do what ever he can to get you in a renovate...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Flint, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Due to a power outage, we've had to find hotels to stay in. Being from Flint, we know hotel selection is limited.

That said, hotel was clean. Clerk was friendly. I find it funny though that when I arrived to check in I was told the room was $79 yet when I had called about an hour earlier I was told $69. When I mentioned that, she quickly dropped the price down, but why the difference? I tried calling the front desk from our room later that night and apparently like a previous review stated they must not be at the desk much because no one answered.

The room was clean but still needs some work - one of the wall lamps between the bed was extremely loose. The covers of the screws that hold down the toilet seat were missing. Little things, but things that should be easily fixed.

There are no elevators, thankfully we only had one suitcase to drag up. The indoor pool, which is really the only reason we decided to stay there - making the best out of the situation - was very, very cold. A smaller pool or hot tub was covered with what looked like a large wooden pallet. Plus out of about 8 lights above the pool only was one on/working. There were no towels available near the pool either.

Also we noticed that the ice machine was out of order and when we left the the morning the front panel had fallen off completely and was lying on the floor. The vending machine appeared to be not working. And in passing on our way to the lobby we noticed 2-3 video games that also appeared to be off and/or out of order. We didn't have much time for breakfast but it looked well stocked - hot waffles, muffins, etc. Of course we got there right at 6 when it started.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a ground floor if you have a lot of luggage or have problems with stairs.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
London ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

pool nice a warm, staff very helpful (when at the desk - were often away) shuttle on return was cabs - but didn't have to wait - just had to find them!!! Although we booked 2 rooms with the park and fly - they only thought one room was flying!!! But they straighten that out.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
DENVER
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I read some reviews here and it seems that it was being renovated and I gave it a shot. Either I didn't get a renovated room or their idea of renovation is pretty half-assed.

I arrived after a long drive and hauled my bag up the stairs(!). I found a room with a tube television. What hotel has tube televisions anymore? Where does one even get one? Okay minor gripe.

The bed was comfy but there were around eight of these mini-pillows instead of regular pillows. Personally I like to wrap my arm around a pillow when I sleep. Not possible.

I got up a few times in the evening to drink some water. When I turn the bathroom light on in the morning there was a small swarm of tiny flying insects around and in the sink. Eww. I wonder how many of them I ingested with my water? I told the front desk and they were "eww" as well but didn't show any real concern.

Made my exit to the Hampton for an exceptional second night before returning home. Tried to save a little bit money and learned my lesson.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Flint hotels

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!