“Room was comfortable, good location, not so great service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Noblesville, Indiana
“Room was comfortable, good location, not so great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

During my trip to Flint, I was happy to find a Comfort Inn located near Flint's Bishop Int'l Airport. However, the great location and comfortable room (just needed for a quick stay, not luxury) didn't really overcompensate for the lack of genuine service received when booking the room, checking-in, etc.

Overall, the hotel room was clean and served its purpose. However, I still think the service could use a bit of an upgrade.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
george B, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
To our Valued Guests,

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback and take it seriously. I am a part of the new management group that took over the [Comfort Inn Bishop Airport - Flint on March 1, 2013. Since then, we have been taking action as required based upon guest comments. We have also been improving the quality of our service and renovating the hotel. Our goal is to create the best possible experience for our guests, at a great value. We hope that you will return and see this for yourself! Please feel free to contact us at the hotel directly if you would like to discuss further.

George Barbour

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Typical of Comfort Inn. Nice and clean room and not a bad location to get around and do things if you have a car. Lobby was under construction while we were there and I think they should have given a discount for this inconvenience. Staff was very nice and the room was very clean. Quick breakfast in the morning was good while waiting for the shuttle. Also had parking while away on the trip. Parking is not gated but was told that there were cameras all around. We had no problems. Within walking distance of places to eat. Right across the street from a large Harley Davidson place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
To our Valued Guests,

George Barbour
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I called this hotel to book 4 rooms for U.S. Thanksgiving this year and boy, that was the biggest mistake I made. The person who took my call was new and don't think she knew what she was doing. After 20 minutes on the phone, she tried to book my rooms twice and told me that she couldn't book them, something to do with their system. I asked her twice to confirm that the transaction didn't go through because I don't want to get charge in my credit card, and she said yes it didn't go through. I ended up booking room online with Hampton Inn instead as they have better review and newly built.

When I checked my credit card bill online after our trip, I was surprised to find 6 rooms charged to my credit from this hotel! I called them the next day and calmly explained my situation. "Crystal" checked their record and said that I was charged because it's a "no-show". She was even surprised that this person used her password to get in the system. I said it's a no-show because I never get the confirmation for those room, they were not even supposed to be in their system for crying out loud because the transaction according to the lady who tried to book them - didn't go through. She said she will tell the hotel manager and will ask him to call me - NEVER HAPPENED. It's been almost a week now and I've been calling the hotel asking for the manager but he never takes my call - gave me bunch of excuses.

I filed a formal complaint to Choice hotel's guest relations number - but they were no help either. All they can do is file the complaint and they will just refer you back to that hotel to settle the matter yourself. NOWHERE TO ESCALATE THE ISSUE.

Room Tip: If there's Zero rating for this hotel, that would be my rate for this hotel. If you still want...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

One night stay before an early morning flight. Never again. Filthy chair. Hate to think of the dirt that didn't show. Thin towels, small pillows.

Nice front desk staff. Didn't eat breakfast because we left too early.

I know this is supposed to be longer, but that chair was so disgusting and my picture says it all. Why on earth would a hotel have that anywhere on site?

• Stayed November 2012
Sault Ste. Marie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in October. The room was very spacious and clean. The bedding was comfortable. However, the breakfast room was crowded and there was no more food set out. We had to eat at a restaurant which we did not count on..

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the main floor near an entrance.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I agree with most the comments from others on this site. The hotels entrance was decent. It did have a stuffy smell. The carpet through out the place was really worn and dirty. Older tv set and bedding! I WORE MY SANDALS IN MY ROOM. The coffee pot had mold and mildew in the filter area. The bathroom was not clean. The air was fine. And my family was left with small tiny square pillows to sleep with. No outdoor pool just indoor and its was also stuffy and VERY SMALL. The breakfast bar had pastries, bagels, toast, yogurt, coffee, and some juices. It was ok, but just staying 3 days at a previous hotel that was much better in appearance and ammenities. The seating in the lobby and breakfast area was very very dirty. I would not sit in the area.The building was pretty old and needed some updating. This hotel had NO elevators. I was pretty disappointed and checked out as soon as my flight was ready!

Room Tip: I would say the 2nd floor seemed a little cleaner. Keep in mind there is no elevator so your things...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We've stayed at a few Comfort Inns and they were all pretty much the same, so we were surprised to encounter this pleasant oasis. We were on a 2-day driving marathon and needed a place to stay when we stumbled across the Motel. It differs from others in one important respect -- a spacious, vaulted lounge and breakfast area with a fireplace, with plenty of seating. The lounge overlooks an outdoor pool also ( we didn't use it). The breakfast included cheese onelets, as well as waffles, fruit, bagels, danish,cereal, and fruit juices. The whole building appeared newer, either because it was, or because it had been recently redecorated. There were elevators to the upper floor. The carpeting was fresh, the walls clean and bright. The room was clean, and typical of Comfort Inn, with an HD TV, frig, and coffee maker. The bath and shower were clean and modern. I would seek out this place if going through Flint again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!