“Average overall experience” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Japanese, Steakhouse
Tampa, Florida
“Average overall experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Ate here for a business meal around the Hibachi table.

Food prepared was good but everything they cooked seemed to be overcooked, average service slow on bringing the first drinks which is torture for me! Actually the best part of the meal was the asian salad which was quite tasty.

One of our party spoke some Japanese and the patrons of the resto were actually Japanese which is rare these days!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

South Houston, Texas
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I took my adult children for there birthday. Never been to Sagano's before!!! To start we arrived to be greeted by a young lady with long brown hair who did'nt even crack a smile. Even my daughter said a smile would be nice. Then Our server came who was pleasant enough but did'nt seem as she wanted to be bothered. We ordered our drinks, the tea tasted like the urn had'nt been cleaned in awhile (bitter). my pop was flat. Then we ordered and the cook came out and did his little show with the food, which was ok but it seemed like he was just going through the motions. None of the staff was smiling, it was not upbeat at all. The atmosphere was cold and uninviting. They overcooked my shrimp it tasted like rubber. Although the steak was good. Then we ordered cheesecake for desert, the server gave us a plastic fork to eat it with. I thought Damn I spending over 100.00 for this dinner and they bring me a plastic fork to eat it with. The chhesecake was soso bad it was hard as a rock and was freezer burnt. I would never recomend this place to anyone. Flint must not know what a fine dining experience is, because this was NOT!!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Indiana
“Good food, HORRIBLE service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking for good food or excellent sushi, but don't mind a ridiculously rude waitress and a manager that does nothing to resolve a problem about horrible customer service, try this place out. Definitely recommend take out rather than dine in. Absolutely do not walk in with any less than 45 minutes before they close because they will make it very clear that they are closing and do not want more business. I've been here probably 5 times and have had good service maybe once. This last visit tops them all and I will NOT be dining there again, which is a shame because the food and chefs are good.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ontario
“very busy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Well worth the drive.Not to far off the freeway .Good variety .I choose to take out bit of a wait as the restaurant was busy but none the less the staff was very friendly and informative about their products.Reasonably priced.Very popular with the locals.

Visited April 2012
Flushing, Michigan
“Fun and Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Just watching the chefs in action is as much fun as the food. Come hungry because there is plenty to eat. Try lunch for a smaller appetite.