“Staff very attentive, but that's it!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Inn Flint

You added Airport Inn Flint to your Saves list
Airport Inn Flint
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2215 West Bristol Road, Flint, MI 48507 (Formerly Econo Lodge Flint)   |
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Staff very attentive, but that's it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel is convenient to the interstate getting off in Flint Michigan at Bristol Road; it is immediately at the exit. We missed it and had to make a U turn to get to it. Entrance is down a ways from the hotel with a small Econo sign. Very confusing entrance. Sits in a vacant parking lot with nothing around it except for an abandoned restaurant. neighborhood is non-existent. Rooms are all non-smoking but ours smelled like smoke; I doubt they do much cleaning anywhere in the hotel. Breakfast in the morning is continental and that's an exaggeration. Staff was very helpful and attentive but there is nothing they can do about the horrible location and sad rooms. Very old bathroom fixtures. We stayed because it was so very cheap and met our location needs. This would not be a vacation spot.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMEcoFlint, General Manager at Airport Inn Flint, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Econo Lodge.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding on the state of your room. on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with Housekeeping to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Flint .

Kind Regards,

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Listen I wasn't expecting much. Little and less really. But when I got out of the shower and looked down, I certainly didn't expect a MOUSE TERD to be stuck on the towel that goes on the floor. Alas, that's what I saw. When I confronted them with the towel all they did was apologize and asked if I wanted to switch rooms. All i got when i checked out was 15 dollars refunded to my card! Never staying here again! I recommend you all do the same! Unsanitary! Should be shut down!

• Stayed May 2014
GMEcoFlint, General Manager at Airport Inn Flint, responded to this review, May 16, 2014

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had to find a place quick and as everyone usually does, I resorted to my mobile phone to find a room. I was on business and it was Thanksgiving weekend. I was skeptical since Flint doesn't have the best reputation. This place looked a bit shady but I kept my hopes up since I've stayed in all sorts of places. I will not lie, the staff was incredible. The young lady at the front desk took care of me at check in and was extremely quick. It was Thanksgiving day and I ended up playing a show and I was unable to eat turkey. When I came back she was so kind that she offered me a warm meal. NEVER did I ever think that I would end up having Thanksgiving dinner at an Econolodge in Flint, MI! Hahaha! I thought that was very sweet of her. Now, was the place impeccable? Of course not. Like I said, it's not the Waldorf Astoria. I got what I paid for. The room was decent. I needed a place to sleep and shower that had safe parking and that's what i got. The heater may not have been working 100% and it did get cold but the front desk personnel was quick to issue me a space heater and hand me extra blankets. I was addressed by my name and asked if I was comfortable every time I came across an employee. My car was safe, I got a muffin and some juice in the morning and I was able to shower and sleep in a semi comfortable bed. Even though the room was cold and it wasn't the most comfortable bed in the world, the attitude of the personnel made up for that and more. I've been to places where I pay for the name of the hotel and the front desk person has a negative vibe, not at this place. Jennifer, I believe that's what her name was, was very sweet and attentive. If you need a place to crash for the night, I'd say, check this place out. It's easy access to the highway and it's down the street from a cool Coney Island which is a staple in those parts. If you want want a place that's way better, then cough up some more dough! For the price, it's not bad.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMEcoFlint, Front Office Manager at Airport Inn Flint, responded to this review, April 14, 2014

Bay City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

After reading the reviews, I was not sure what to expect from our stay there. As it turns out it was a clean and comfortable place to stay. The staff accommodated us with a early check in as we had an event to be at for our son, they also went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. We arrived and found our room had to be switched from the one king bed to a double room and that was fine with us. I did ask to see the room first because of the paperwork to sign regarding the $150 if you smoke in it and they had no problem showing it to me first. I checked the room over carefully as soon as we checked in and found it to be clean and found no problems. When I found no coffeemaker I asked at the desk and they happily made coffee for me several times both day and night. Matt and Taylor were the day and night staff we had and they were excellent. (and kept fresh coffee coming for me) We had a calm quiet stay and would return again. If you spend $50 or $60 dollars on a room and expect a four star hotel that is your own fault. If you want a clean and comfortable place to sleep, this was it.

Room Tip: Check your room before you check in, don't go into it expecting a four star resort and then comp...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GMEcoFlint, General Manager at Airport Inn Flint, responded to this review, April 14, 2014

Dearborn Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband had to stay in flint while on business. I was looking for something affordable, and clean. Nothing special due to him only needing it for a place to sleep and shower. I have to say that I was super impressed with Laura. She was friendly and really accommodating, she even went the extra mile to call me with directions for my husband. Thank you Laura for making sure he was taken care of away from home. Hospitality is key, and you my dear have it!! Thank you again!!!

Room Tip: Calling the hotel was really helpful
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GMEcoFlint, General Manager at Airport Inn Flint, responded to this review, April 29, 2014

Norfolk, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Well, where to start! When we pulled in I said to my husband "this looks kinda sketchy!". Ya, it was.
We were there through "Hotwire" so could not change our reservation without losing our paid money. The rate we got through Hotwire was more than the actual cost of the hotel/night as advertised on their sign - this is a Hotwire review issue tho.
We checked in and made our way to our room. It wasn't horrible, but it was cold. Turned out we needed to ask for an extra blanket for night 2. Brr! The hallways were SO cold that to go to the lobby I needed my coat.....
The bed was SO uncomfortable my husband is still having issues with his back 3 days later.....
This hotel is right next to the airport - handy if you need that I guess, but rather noisy. Be advised.
We were there from Friday-Monday - we did not have housekeeping at all!!! I was shocked the first day upon return to the room, but by Sunday it was laughable. We had to ask for a 2nd bath towel as there was only one in the bathroom, also no facecloths.
The water pressure was pitiful and it took a good 5 minutes to get warm water in the sink. The shower was dirty (I'm talking curly's on the walls!) and the pressure was non-existent almost!!
The staff was friendly enough - although it was mostly one gentleman the entire stay!
"Free breakfast" was a joke. Coffee and hot chocolate, bread & a toaster and a tray of some pastries. Not quite what we were expecting. Thankfully there's a McD's right down the road.
It was easy access from the freeway, which was handy as we were there for shopping for the weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Alpena Mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

After looking over the reviews and only seeing a few bad ones I figured what the hell lets give it a shot since the hotels I usually stay at in Flint are getting worse every year. If you read the directions the place is actually easy to find. We had no trouble even with road work being done in front of the place. The guy behind the desk was really friendly and check in was a breeze. Yes the hotel is a little dated, the carpets in the hall were a bit stained and worn but how many people with their dirty shoes and luggage go up and down those halls? Unless you are steam cleaning the carpets weekly they are going to look worn. I never smelled smoke in the halls like some people said they did all we smelled was some sort of cleaner/air freshener that made me wonder what it was and where I could get some.
The room...once again yes it was a little dated but it was pretty clean. I am one of those people that the first thing I do is check the bed, no sign of bugs, the sheets were clean with no stains though the blanket had a few worn spots. While checking the bed I moved the bed skirt and there was some paper trash under the bed but that does not mean the room was not cleaned it just means a piece of paper got missed by the vacuum. Opened the curtains ( the window sill is where I usually see piles of dead bugs) and there was a spider web but no sign of any other bugs. The fridge could have used a good wash down and there was no plate in the microwave but we were not using it anyway. Besides a desk chair the room also had a chair and foot stool, I love this because what time I do spend in the room not sleeping I don't want to be forced to sit on the side of the bed. The bathroom though...... we joked that it looked like someone had really wild sex on the counter since the counter looks as though its going to come off the wall at any moment. The tiles on the floor looked like they were broken before they were even put into the room and every inch of the bathroom needed caulk and grout work BUT that's just aesthetics, the room itself was very clean
The breakfast room...Rarely eat at the hotel but I always get coffee and check the breakfast area out. While they say its " in compliance with Choice Standards" it has to be on the low end of the standards. Most the hotels I stay in are Choice Hotels and I have seen much much better then at this hotel. I wandered into the room just after 7am found half a pot of coffee and no cups, I could have poked my head around the corner and asked but just grabbed one from the water dispenser. There was a pot of hot water, looked like 2 kinds of cold cereal but didn't see milk, the makings for waffles, a beat up looking loaf of bread and 3 donuts covered with a napkin. Went back in about half an hour later and it all looked the same, my boyfriend had a donut and said it was stale.
The staff...fantastic! The guy that checked us in and the girl that was working in the morning were beyond friendly, chatty and helpful with directions and stuff
Sometimes I think people expect to much for 60 bucks this place was clean and that's really all that matters for me.
Oh and yes its by the airport EXPECT to hear planes and don't complain when you do there isn't a thing they can do about it

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Airport Inn Flint? Share your experiences!