“Good experience!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Allendale, Michigan
“Good experience!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We needed an accommodation near an event we were attending in Flint. After checking TripAdvisor reviews we decided to make our reservation using our Choice Points. We found this place to be very clean and comfortable. Staff was very helpful, efficient, and friendly. They recommended a nearby restaurant which we would not have risked trying on our own...little local diner. Overall this was a great choice for our purposes. Don't judge this place from the outside!! They have definitely spent their efforts on the interior.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Joseph L, General Manager at Econo Lodge Flint, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank You for your response on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your candid remarks about our service and cleanliness. During the past few months the management team has strongly enforced the importance of great customer service and clean rooms. We are looking to make the outside of the hotel more appealing with fresh landscaping as well as adding extra amenities come spring time. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you come back in the immediate future.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
JACKSON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The room itself was nice and updated. The linens were fresh and clean. The room had a microwave and mini frig. The large flat screen TV was nice, but the satellite kept going out. The large lounging chair, desk and large mirror focused on the bed were a nice amenity. We were woken up at 5:30 a.m. with a loud screeching sound which turned out to be the room next door taking a shower. The water when poured in a glass was very cloudy, I didn't even want to brush my teeth with it. The bathroom was clean, but in much need of updating. The tub was stained and in bad need of tile and chalk repair. Water pressure was non existent and after one short shower there wasn't even enough hot water for a complete second shower. The continental breakfast was an absolute joke. At 9:30 a.m. there was one cup of old coffee, a few slices of bread in a box and a basket covered with a napkin of 4 stale mini donuts. The orange juice was sitting on the counter in an open pitcher. Needless to say we are eating breakfast elsewhere. The hallway was very cold and smelled of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Econo Lodge Flint, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I am sorry that your stay was not the most pleasant experience. I want to first comment on the water being "cloudy". We have an reverse osmosis septic water system that takes all the impurites out of the water. Although the water may appear to be cloudy when it first comes out of the sink after a few seconds the water will appear normal. As far the overall bathroom conditions we are currently working on renovating some of the older tubs and sinks. The bathrooms are very clean but they do need to be replaced. Our breakfast selection is in compliance within Choice Standards and we are working on ways to improve the breakfast selection: such as waffles, fruit, and biscuits and gravy. I would hope that you would reconsider your hotel choice if you are ever in the immediate area again to come back to the Econo Lodge and our staff will do their very best to accomodate your needs.
Flint, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I recently needed a place to stay until my apartment was ready. The Econo Lodge was SUPER clean and comfortable. You won't find a cleaner or cozier hotel at such an affordable price. The rooms had modern decor and up-to-date ammenties (Including a flat screen television), mini fridge, nice/clean linens. The bathroom had beautiful tile and fixtures. This was much more than I expected for the price, so I was definately pleased. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. I stayed for about 10 days and housekeeping kept the room spotless. We always had plenty of towels, and the front desk had no problem giving us an extra blanket when it got chilly one night. Our room had 2 double beds, armoire for storage, an extra lounging chair, and a computer desk/chair for workspace. It also had plenty of lighting placed throughout the entire room. There is also a small dinning area near the front lobby. This is where they serve the continental breakfast. There is a TV there also, in case you wanted to sit there to eat instead of going back to your room. When you first walk in, the lobby area is inviting and the clerks at the front desk are nice. Overall, I was delighted with the accomodations and service. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, Manager at Econo Lodge Flint, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank You for your kind words! We are under new management and are looking to make the hotel pleasing to the guest the minute they see our sign. I take pride in knowing that we have the cleanest hotel in all of Flint. I hope that you will stop in again and check us out!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We drove into town for a family cookout and as I pulled up I was shaking my head "no!"and was ready to cancel my reservation. But decided to not judge the book by it's cover, so I entered to check it out. I first asked to use the restroom and it was spotless as was the lobby. Before I would sign that I would pay $150 if the room smelled of smoke I wanted to check to make sure it didn't. The staff had no problem in showing me the room first. And to my surprise it was really nice, clean and modern looking. Not like the outer appearance! After checking in we checked under the bedding for bed bugs (any bugs) and found nothing. The carpet wasn't grimy or smelly. My only discord was I saw a strand of long hair on the sink and floor of the bathroom. (Note to housekeeping: pay close attention to the small details.) I owned a cleaning service for 8yrs and have an eye for detail.
When we returned that night it was nice and quite. We saw people but wasn't disturbed by noise. We had a great nightsleep and the front desk had no problem with giving us a later check out.

• Stayed September 2012
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is obviously a property in transition. On arrival, things were tense. Looking at the hotel from outside immediately made me wonder whether or not I was actually going to stay. After a few minutes of deliberation, it was decided to go in but insist on seeing the room before actually checking in. The staff had no problem allowing the rooms to be viewed, a good sign.
There was an issue with our reservation, and frankly, I wasn't sure I could stay in this hotel, but I knew rooms were scarce that weekend and I was ready to just settle down for the night.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover the room was not only clean, but the bed and linens very comfortable. There is some noise from the highway and nearby airport, but not nearly as much as I expected. I was at no time disturbed by any noise outside, or inside the hotel.

After a rocky start, it turned into a really great stay! Thanks to the willingness of Charles, the site manager, and an extremely helpful Jonna(sp?) from housekeeping, I left feeling like I'd made new friends. Any ruffled feathers from the first night were expertly smoothed and things were made as pleasant and comfortable as possible for us. These two people did everything in their power to make us happy!

Overall, this location needs some TLC and updating, but it is on it's way up, and in the mean time, it is being kept clean and comfortable with the help of a committed staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Newark, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The manager, Chuckie went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our stay was comfortable. The hotel rooms were nice & clean, quiet, and attractive. Kudos to Chuckie for making our stay pleasurable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

this is onr of the best hotels that we stayed at for the price. it was very clean and the service was great. I would recomend this hotel to anyone that wants to have a great night away from home. 4 out of 5 stars.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Flint? Share your experiences!