“Hip little gem” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Contemporary, Tapas, Eclectic
Broomfield, Colorado
“Hip little gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The eclectic atmosphere, mixing new with old, works well here. They recently expanded into the adjacent space, providing lots more seating. The menu is full of options! You can't go wrong with whatever you choose! Friendly staff is a bonus.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Detroit
“A Touch of New York in small town Michigan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great food and drink in a cosmopolitan environment. Whether tapas or a full meal, you cannot go wrong at the 501. The food is excellent and well presented. Ditto the liquid libations. Parking is either on street or on the large corner lot. Enjoy! You'll be glad you came.

Visited June 2013
Ferndale, Michigan
“WALK THROUGH THE DOOR & INTO FABULOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Ambiance combined with amazingly delicious food are the watchwords at this delicious restaurant. I met a friend and we just went a little overboard with several tapas and, OK, a couple of Manhattans, too. Everything was worth it. Staff was awesome -- just the right amount of attention. We sat at a high top table.Another time we met there, we sat at the bar and ordered "girlie" drinks and two tapas. I just love this place.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Great Food, Good Beer Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was surprised by the quality of this place, and the cool interior, given that it was in Flint. The food is tapas style, 3 plates can easily feed 2 hungry adults, plates are in the $8 to $9 range. All 3 items sampled were very good. Good staff, good selection of Michigan beers.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Flint, mi
“Too pricey for us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I were going to see if Table and Tap was open for lunch... they were not, so we decided to try this place out instead. Wow!, the menu prices are a bit high.

I decided to get the Wednesday lunch special (Turkey Club Grinder and a cup of French Onion soup for $7). A lot better price than it would cost at normal menu prices ($11).

My wife ordered just a bowl of French Onion soup $5, however the new waitress messed up her order and delivered the cup size rather than the bowl size (cup is $4, bowl is $5). Needless to say, my wife wasn't happy, especially since her lunch hour was almost over and there was no time to send it back and have the right size served.

I doubt I'll give this place another chance... possibly, I might return if they offer some of the less expensive items that Wize Guys Pizza used to have on their menu. The slow, inaccurate service and high prices are not worth the hassle. I will have to admit that the food served WAS good, but not outstanding.

My sandwich was a little overtoasted and the ends of the bacon slices were a very dark brown (crispy burned). The soup was good but not exceptional, such as the French Onion soup that is served at "The Laundry" in Fenton.

Flint has quite a few less expensive options available within a five minute walk from this place. I'd suggest: Lunch Studio, Flint Crepe Co., Churchills, the food court places in the U of M Flint Pavillion near Riverside Park, Masonic Temple Dining Room, Halo Burger, Torch Bar, I'm sure there are more that I can't think of at the moment. Hoffman's Deco Deli and Steady Eddies at the Flint Farmer's market are good, but I'd drive, rather than walk to those.

If you want Tapas and tasty, pricier, food and don't mind slower service, then I would recommend this place.

• Visited May 2013