“Good food...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 317 Restaurants in Flint
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Ice Cream, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Gourmet Burgers • Veggie Burgers • 40+ Toppings • Craft Beer • Frozen Custard • Chicken Tenders • Salads • Certified Angus Beef • Gluten-free buns • Breakfast (Flint location only)
Michigan, United States
“Good food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We ate here this past weekend after spending the afternoon shopping at Birch Run. My oldest ordered a hamburger which she loved! My youngest ordered a BLT, but didn't like that the restaurant "cooked" the mayo in the sandwich. Both ordered fries that were hot and delicious! I ended up with a salad since I'm eating gluten-free, but I also ordered their sweet potato fries. (They do offer the option of lettuce wraps for those not eating bread.) The sweet potato fries were quite delicious! Since only one of us ordered a true burger, we can only say that this one was very good. I do wish the restaurant offered malt vinegar for their fries and a vegetarian burger option. A rather weird incident occurred when I went up to ask for a box for my food, two staff members were arguing openly at the counter. It was a bit awkward.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oakland Township, MI
“Lives up to it's name....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

After a long day in the car, this was the perfect place to sit and grab a bite to eat. My husband had the Drunken' Mushroom, with portabellas and buttom mushrooms in a red wine sauce with swiss cheese and chose chicken as his protein - EXCELLENT! I had the Upper Crust with 2 kinds of cheese, sliced cucumber on the bottom, and this yummmmmyyy onion jam - it was really almost HEAVENLY... sooo good! The place is about 3 minutes off of I-75, and while it has some mixed reviews, I always like to find out for myself, or see if the restaurants are making improvements. Wow, we were pleasantly surprised! It does have a drive-thru, an excellent selection of micro and local brews, as well as an industrial vibe in the dining room - but MAN, I am definately going back for the burgers! Fries were quite good, also served smokin' hot, and the sweet potatoe fries have a kind of light cinnamon/sugar coating, also quite tasty.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westland
“Maybe the Sunday staff is undertrained”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

After reading a number of positive reviews we stopped in Sunday afternoon with high expectations. The cashier was not really familiar with the menu. We asked if the fries had seasoning - she said no, just salt. The fries also have pepper on them.
We got our food, the burgers were dry - not juicy as other reviews talked about. We ordered the onion straws and they were bitter. It appeared to us the staff was not well trained.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Flushing
“Glorified Fast Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Another burger joint with a lot of hype but little if anything new. Quite similar in food and atmosphere to another local establishment called Halo Burger. We expected a sit down restaurant until the first thing we saw was a counter to order from. Lots of toppings to choose from but other than that a burger place.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Love the portebella mushroom sandwich!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I've been 3 times and get the portebella sandwich each time. Awesome!! My kids love it, too. The kids' meals are huge and inexpensive. Their fav is the Mac 'n cheese bites. A family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) can eat for $20 and be stuffed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere