“What a run down dump!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Ontario, Canada
“What a run down dump!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We came to this Motel 6 in September because it was dog friendly as per the chain motto. We did not expect to see such dilapidated, smelly rooms. The carpets were filthy. The non-smoking rooms had been smoked in many times, as obvious to the nose. There were cigarette ashes/butts all over the floor by the bed/nightstand. Someone in housekeeping actually made the bed and COVERED what was a broken bed frame with 4 sharp metal posts sticking out. I walked around the bed and caught my ankle on the protrusion and suffered a deep cut and eventual bruising. The bathroom had not been cleaned properly in a long time. The furniture was really worn down and peeling off at the edges. The mattresses were shot and had a big gap in the middle. The next room we moved to (non smoking) smelled even worse and it was hard to sleep at night due to the smell. Our noses ran and were stuffed up in the morning. The property outside was filthy and overrun with garbage. There were piles of dog feces all over the property. It takes only one person with a scooper/bags to do a daily check. The garbage containers were overflowing. There was absolutely NO pride of ownership at this location or pride in cleanliness and good maintenance. God forbid I ever return to this location. It was appalling. Only way I would consider this location was if it was completely gutted and overhauled and raised to a good standard and indicated in the Motel 6 manual that it had new management and totally new rooms. A total waste of money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Flint, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear 35YearOldTraveler,
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the odor, cleanliness and maintenance issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Grand Blanc, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Picked the motel 6 in Flint when I needed a quick room and didnt want to break the bank... Actually had a small efficiency unit with a kitchen in it... I didnt use it but that is a nice touch for someone who is planning on staying there for awhile. The room was clean, nothing fancy, older non flat screen tv but it worked... There is a pool there but I didnt use it... looked like alot of little kids in there when I was there... Located off Austin Parkway (just off Miller Rd) and near the airport, Genesee Valley Mall, several restaurants, etc..Not a bad bang for your buck.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carrollton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've stayed here off and on for the last year in business. For a first time visitor to Flint it's location is on the outskirts of flint and has a safe feel to it. The hotel is older but clean and the people treat you good here. Hard to beat for the value and your near all the food places. There is security on weekends. I've never had trouble here

• Stayed May 2013
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed for two nights. The room and furniture could use a good face lift. We checked in on Friday. We went out early Saturday morning abd did not return until about 6:00p.m. The room had not been touched. I went to the front desk to let them know that the room had not been cleaned and to get clean towels for the next morning. I was told the cleaning staff had probably not got to my room as yet but they would notify house keeping about my request for clean towels. Needless to say I never got the towels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This place is scary. My 11 month old son is a crawler, he crawled on the carpet for less than 10 minutes when we arrived and his knees and tops of his feet were almost black. Our toilet ran most of the night, my husband killed a few ants on the bathroom floor while he was taking a shower, the ice machine could not keep up with everybody, more water came out around the faucet than in the faucet...... i should have paid the extra $12 and stayed at the sleep inn right across the road........

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We chose this hotel because we were just stopping to sleep for a few hours and shower. The staff wasn't overly friendly. Our room smelled like an ashtray and was dirty. I left my flip flops on the entire time we were here, including in the shower. I was worried about bugs but luckily I never saw one. The walls were paper thin and some of the people at this motel were a little scary. Next time I'd spend a little extra money for a better hotel or sleep in my car.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!