“Great location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 17 hotels in Flint
Carrollton, Georgia
“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here off and on for the last year in business. For a first time visitor to Flint it's location is on the outskirts of flint and has a safe feel to it. The hotel is older but clean and the people treat you good here. Hard to beat for the value and your near all the food places. There is security on weekends. I've never had trouble here

• Stayed May 2013

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed for two nights. The room and furniture could use a good face lift. We checked in on Friday. We went out early Saturday morning abd did not return until about 6:00p.m. The room had not been touched. I went to the front desk to let them know that the room had not been cleaned and to get clean towels for the next morning. I was told the cleaning staff had probably not got to my room as yet but they would notify house keeping about my request for clean towels. Needless to say I never got the towels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This place is scary. My 11 month old son is a crawler, he crawled on the carpet for less than 10 minutes when we arrived and his knees and tops of his feet were almost black. Our toilet ran most of the night, my husband killed a few ants on the bathroom floor while he was taking a shower, the ice machine could not keep up with everybody, more water came out around the faucet than in the faucet...... i should have paid the extra $12 and stayed at the sleep inn right across the road........

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We chose this hotel because we were just stopping to sleep for a few hours and shower. The staff wasn't overly friendly. Our room smelled like an ashtray and was dirty. I left my flip flops on the entire time we were here, including in the shower. I was worried about bugs but luckily I never saw one. The walls were paper thin and some of the people at this motel were a little scary. Next time I'd spend a little extra money for a better hotel or sleep in my car.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
West Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I usually like motel 6, but I wouldn't recommend this one to anyone, dirty, noisy. The guest in the next room had a shouting match at one point.. the wall are paper thin so you could here the conversation. I don't think they know what a vacuum is. I guess you get what you pay for including some left over pizza that was still on the floor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kalkaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

This was the worst room I have ever stayed in. There was gum smeared on the head board, hair in the shower, poop on the bathroom door and toilet. There was no matress pad, and hair all over the bed. The employees were quite rude. I would never recomend this hotel to any body.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
ontario,canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2007

We went over to teh US to do some shopping and decided to stay the night. The motel 6 looked ok, not great, but it was for one night so decided to stay. We asked specifically for a non smoking room, however thr oom we were given smelled of a very strong smoke smell. So we went back to the front desk and they put us in another room with out any problems The room was ok, had a little kitcenette but was pretty basic. We went to bed and were awoken at 3:30 am by the phone. I ignored ti at first but they kept calling so finally I picked it up and it was reception who told me that I was in the worng room! In my half awake state I explained the situation to them and then asked if they really wanted us to move rooms at this time. She said no and hung up on me. Apparently the person who checked us in did not change our room number and then went off shift so the next person working thought the room was empy and tried to put other people in it. I had thought I had heard people trying to get into the room just before the phone rang. So overall not a pleasent experience at this motel.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Flint? Share your experiences!