“Unattentive front desk but nice rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   G-3219 Miller Road, Exit 117B, Flint, MI 48507-1349   |
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Flint
New York City, New York
“Unattentive front desk but nice rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I checked in around 1AM and had to wait approximately 15 minutes inside the front door until a tall young gentleman came out of an office in the back. He had obviously been sleeping and was very disoriented when he came to the window to let me in. When I stepped inside, he disappeared into the bathroom for another minute or two and then came out and asked me if I needed some help. It appeared he had been drinking and smelled of alcohol. It wasn't a good impression. The rooms were very nice and clean but had no towels or a remote control. My wife and I were exhausted so we used our own beach towels from our suitcases and didn't bother to call about the remote control. There must have been a party or something going on next to us because there was a lot of noise and door slamming. I understand this is not your fault, and it didn't bother us, because we live in NYC and are used to the noise. I would stay at another Red Roof Inn again because the rooms were nice, but not this one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We almost didn't stop at this Inn after reading some old reviews. But the Inn has been recently renovated and our room was like new and very fresh. Staff was courteous and welcoming. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tawas City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

This a rent by the hour hotel! The bedding was covered with blood. We felt very unsafe and asked for a refund and was given without question. Even though the interior looked newer the exterior was in desperate need of upgrade. Would not recommend anyone stay at his hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Metro Detroit
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I am generally fine with a cheap room for business travel to dog shows. I just need it to be safe, clean and provide decent Wi-Fi. This one has a perfect, convenient location. It didn't feel unsafe to me so that was perfect and the Wi-fi was fine. The room was cleaned well but the comforters on the beds were old, wrinkled, stained and had cigarette burn holes in them. We turned the tv on to find 100 channels of grey static. When we called the front desk about it we were told there have been recurring problems with cable on the first floor and they could move us to the second floor or give us a credit for about $10 off the room. We wanted a ground floor so we just took the credit. The mattress and sheets were clean but the bed was incredibly uncomfortable. I can generally sleep anywhere but had a really hard night here. My back and hips ached all night in this bed and I woke up stiff. Also this was a no smoking room but reeked of cigarette smoke as soon as we walked in. I know the hotel has little control over what the guests do behind closed doors but maybe housekeeping could air the room out during the day. We got used to the smoke smell in about twenty minutes. The toilet also flushes so weakly that it takes two or three flushes just to get a small amount of toilet tissue to go down. Clerk at the front desk was super nice. Maid was nice and did a good job cleaning. It was just not a good experience. We like a cheap room but I am not sure I would stay again... mainly because of the aches and pains and lack of sleep from the bed but the lack of cable didn't help.

• Stayed April 2014
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and provide some great feedback. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. I am sure you could see during your visit that we are going through an extensive renovation and have since replaced the mattress sets. Thank you for staying with us and hope you will return next time you're in Flint.
New Palestine, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I booked the Red Roof Inn in Flint Michigan for a one night stay. I initially booked a king room and needed to change to two doubles. They accommodated that request over the phone, no problem. The room was amazing. It included a small fridge and microwave. I believe it has been recently renovated. It was very clean, I don't have a negative comment about the room. They allow pets without any additional charge and there is plenty of grass for the dogs to take care of their business. I would certainly stay at this hotel again. If all Red Roof Inn's were this nice, they would be my go to location for traveling with pets. There is also a nice little Italian restaurant, basically in the same parking lot, as well as a Starbucks. What more could I ask for :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for the review, and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. All Red Roof Inn's are pet friendly and don't require a deposit. Hopefully this will encourage you to stay at other Red Roof Inn locations throughout your travel. Please come back and see us!

Jeff Cobb
810.733.1660
i0004@redroof.com
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

the rooms are newly remodeled I had a great experience the rooms are very neat and clean, they also offered free wifi and we had a dresser and two tables it was very nice. I would definitely recommend this Inn in hotel 2 family and friends. and I will definitely be staying there again soon as I travel a lot.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for such a nice review of the Red Roof Inn Flint. Yes we are newly remodeled and are very excited about the positive changes to the Inn. The interior has been completed, and if the weather ever gets warm, we will be updating the exterior this Spring and Summer! Come back and see us.

Jeff Cobb
810.733.1660
i0004@redroof.com
Southampton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We picked this hotel based on your ranking it #6 in Flint. We stayed one night on Feb. 7th and caught a flight out the next am. Our first room was small and very dated, and the door would not lock, We asked for a second room which was bigger and better but the smoke smell was terrible for a non smoking room. The staff where very helpful and only thing going for this hotel, but the area is sketchy and lobby doors are locked at dark. Two women travelling alone.......I did not feel safe and this should be noted. I put a suitcase against the door and slept with car keys in hand ready to hit the panic button. We would of switched hotels if we had known the area better. My friend and I are well travelled and not usually spooked.

Room Tip: Get a room in the court yard area very well lit at night