“Clean, but Needs Updating” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   G-3219 Miller Road, Exit 117B, Flint, MI 48507-1349   |
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Louisville, Kentucky
“Clean, but Needs Updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The front staff at night and in the morning were very pleasant. I discovered this property is the third oldest in the chain and is scheduled for remodeling, which it definitely needs. The room contained a flat screen, but the internet signal was weak Both the shower and sink drained well. Remember there is no breakfast on site, just coffee, but several restaurants (fast food)nearby. The price was great. Until this property gets remodeled, I would only recommend it for a business traveler on a budget.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Flint
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We Stay here Weeks at a time due to the Location of motel.
The Staff is always friendly and go out of the way to keep guest happy and coming back.
The house keeping Staff, Eldora,Kamea,Jean,Latisha,Brad and others who work in house keeping always Say Hi and Greet us with a warm welcome back and make sure our room is always cleaned and stocked for us.
The front Desk Staff is always Friendly and outgoing. JR,Jillian,Julie and the Two night Shift staff members have always treated us great. We enjoy staying at this location as long term guest's and always use Red Roof inn when we Travel or come back to the Area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed at the red roof and felt at home the employes are kind generouse people exspecialy the team member jr he was always kind and concideret he made my stay a lot better at the red roof inn I would recomend all my friends and family members to this hotel

• Stayed September 2013
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for recognizing JR's efforts to take care of our guests. I will be sure he reads your comments as well. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Mount Morris, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stay regularly at this Inn because of receiving medical treatment at a local hospital so I am always stressed as a result. When I made reservations a couple of weeks ago I was experiencing computer difficulties. It took one simple phone call to the Manager, Jeff, & in just a couple of minutes he had EVERYTHING straightened out & my accessible room ready for my stay. I have had several instances where this particular Manager has "Gone The Extra Mile" to assist me. I will always recommend this Inn to ANYONE traveling to the Flint area.
Likewise upon checking in I was greeted by JR who was totally supportive & made sure that all my needs were being met.
I have found every Staff person at this facility from maintenance to the cleaning crew to be extremely friendly & helpful.
Having to stay there under such stressful circumstances makes this extraordinary care all that more noteworthy.
Thanks Jeff & the Gang at Red Roof Inn, Bishop Airport, Flint, MI
YOU ALL ROCK!

Room Tip: I have found ALL rooms to be GREAT
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. Actually it's you who ROCKS! Thanks for staying with us again and I look forward to having you back here again soon.

Regards,

Houghton Lake, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a clean and decent Red Roof with the only problem being highway noise. I'll will surely stay there again. Very nice personnel and very good equipment and accessories in the room too. I was surprised with the quality of the bed, the TV and even the towels and items like that were much better than many RR's I have stayed in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks about Red Roof Inn Flint. It sounds like you had a wonderful stay, and I hope you felt confident, significant, and delighted about your experience and will come back and see us again soon.

Tucker, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had the pleasure of being greeted by the very vibrant young lady at your desk Saturday evening. Jillian greeted us with a smile and since we didn't have a reservation with you we were told the prices, she explained all about the room types. Once we got to the room, she called to make sure we had everything. Jillian went well above the call of duty.

Room Tip: There are a lot of places to eat around the hotel, right off the highway as well.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. It's great to know that our guests are being well taken care of! I'm sure Jillian has already read your review. Thanks and we hope to see you back in Flint again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night based on the all of the positive reviews that I read here on TripAdvisor. The front desk attendant was extremely friendly and made me feel welcome, so my stay got off to a good start. Unfortunately, once I got to my room, it pretty much ended.

The room wasn't 100% clean - there were hairs in the sink, the bed sheets had slight holes in them, but the worst was the cobweb above the sink. There was also a fly in the room that I tried to (unsuccessfully) kill, and I noticed something crawling on the wall and go behind the TV (I assume a spider). It was late and I was too tired to call and asked to be moved to a different room (plus I figured another room would be just as dirty). I had a really hard time falling asleep since I was uncomfortable in the room. After finally falling asleep I was awoken by a loud noise in the bathroom, I'm not sure what it was but it sounded like something with the pipes/drain. After a few hours I woke up and left at 6:30 AM.

Disappointed since I've had good experiences at other Red Roof Inn's around the country, plus the reviews on here made it seem like it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review for Red Roof Inn Flint. I'm sorry that your experience did not meet you expectations with regards to your room. I value your comments, as it gives me an opportunity to make positive improvements to prevent these things from happening again in the future.

Regards,

810-733-1660
i0004@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport? Share your experiences!