“better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Houghton Lake, Michigan
“better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a clean and decent Red Roof with the only problem being highway noise. I'll will surely stay there again. Very nice personnel and very good equipment and accessories in the room too. I was surprised with the quality of the bed, the TV and even the towels and items like that were much better than many RR's I have stayed in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks about Red Roof Inn Flint. It sounds like you had a wonderful stay, and I hope you felt confident, significant, and delighted about your experience and will come back and see us again soon.

810.733.1660

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tucker, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had the pleasure of being greeted by the very vibrant young lady at your desk Saturday evening. Jillian greeted us with a smile and since we didn't have a reservation with you we were told the prices, she explained all about the room types. Once we got to the room, she called to make sure we had everything. Jillian went well above the call of duty.

Room Tip: There are a lot of places to eat around the hotel, right off the highway as well.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. It's great to know that our guests are being well taken care of! I'm sure Jillian has already read your review. Thanks and we hope to see you back in Flint again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night based on the all of the positive reviews that I read here on TripAdvisor. The front desk attendant was extremely friendly and made me feel welcome, so my stay got off to a good start. Unfortunately, once I got to my room, it pretty much ended.

The room wasn't 100% clean - there were hairs in the sink, the bed sheets had slight holes in them, but the worst was the cobweb above the sink. There was also a fly in the room that I tried to (unsuccessfully) kill, and I noticed something crawling on the wall and go behind the TV (I assume a spider). It was late and I was too tired to call and asked to be moved to a different room (plus I figured another room would be just as dirty). I had a really hard time falling asleep since I was uncomfortable in the room. After finally falling asleep I was awoken by a loud noise in the bathroom, I'm not sure what it was but it sounded like something with the pipes/drain. After a few hours I woke up and left at 6:30 AM.

Disappointed since I've had good experiences at other Red Roof Inn's around the country, plus the reviews on here made it seem like it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review for Red Roof Inn Flint. I'm sorry that your experience did not meet you expectations with regards to your room. I value your comments, as it gives me an opportunity to make positive improvements to prevent these things from happening again in the future.

Regards,

810-733-1660
Grimsby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Having driven all the way from Cleveland today, we decided to drive past Ann Arbour and find a hotel here for the night. After searching in our coupon book, I found this place for only $50 for the night so we decided to try it. Friendly welcome and check in. The room was basic but clean and comfortable. When I realized I had bought a bottle of wine that needed a corkscrew, my husband went to see the lady at the front desk and she opened it for us, a nice extra service. This was a great bargain, good service and a pleasant experience. Would recommend if you're in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the postive review and for recognizing how hard the staff works to take care of our guests. I hope to see you back here again soon!

Regards,

810-733-1660
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I normally stay at hotels vs. motels but wanted to save some money for our group trip to Michigan. I thought the room was clean and adequate for the price. Would recommend if you are looking for a bargain. I did base my choice on reading reviews on TripAdvisor for this property and found them to be true.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a favorable review for Red Roof Inn Flint Bishop Airport. Compared to the other hotels in the area, we offer the best value for the price in the economy lodging market. Thank you for recognizing the cleanliness of your room. The housekeeping staff works hard to take care of our guests, and I will certainly share your comments with them. I hope to see you back again!

Traverse City, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The physical structure is well worn, hard use and extensive wear and tear. Plumbing is hard to escape, any water running above will sound loudly in lower units. There are alternatives nearby. Location is good and Bob Evans is nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for submitting your comments on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry that your stay was unpleasantly noisy while you were here. I hope you will give us another opportunity to accomodate you in the future.

Grand Blanc, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Booked a room at the Red Roof - FLint, even though I had seen some less than stellar reviews online... I was pleasantly surprised after I took a chance and stayed there... The rate was reasonable, the bed was comfortable and there was a nice flat screen tv... the location is central (next to I-75 and close to I-69 and Bishop International Airport).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for giving Red Roof Inn Flint a chance to provide you with your lodging needs. As you know, online reviews are an important factor in determining where people choose to stay for the night, so my staff and I appreciate you taking time out of your day to do so. Thanks, and I hope to see you again soon.