“Nice and Cheap” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in Flint
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice and Cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel the rooms were pretty clean the beds were comfy. The tv in our room was a big flat screen but the downside was they didn't have a good selection of channels mostly news and sports. And the internet was horrible it kept kicking me off even after I called the hotline and got patched in. Their vending machines seemed kind of expensive to me also. If were In the area again we might stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for the informative review. I am sorry you had problems with our WiFi signal. I know how frustrating it can be to continue getting knocked off the internet. Your feedback regarding our TV channels is great for Red Roof Inn to hear, as we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. Your comments are important to us, and we hope hope to see you back soon!

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Booked two rooms - both were basic, but clean and comfortable.. Good location, near to lots of eating places, and there was a restaurant and a Starbucks next to the property. There was a pleasant lady on the check in desk.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
My staff and I appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to write a positive review of Red Roof Inn Flint. We strive to provide our guests with a clean room and a fair price. Next time you're in the Flint area, I'm sure you will choose Red Roof again. We'll see you then!
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for an Event with few friends. Hotel room was comfy and clean. No issues.
called front desk for some more towels and face clothes in room. got then from house keeping within 5 min's. fast friendly service with a smile
Thanks Eldora,Kamea

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for the positive review on TripAdvisor. The staff at Red Roof Inn Flint works hard to take care of all our guests. Eldora and Kamea were thrilled that you recognized their efforts in keeping our guests happy. Thank you, and I look forward to seeing you back soon!
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have been using this hotel for years, when I work in this area and you can't go wrong for the price. I call Jillian, she holds a room, for a great weekly rate and No Hassle! I use my redi card, that gets me a free stay, anywhere I choose, nationwide, for one night, any room. The rooms are cleaned every day, quiet area and great Italian food, within walking distance. Easy access to the highways and a mall just up the street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor! It's good to hear that you have such a great experience when you visit the Red Roof Inn Flint. I have shared your comments with the entire staff (especially Jillian, of course), and I hope to see you again on your next visit to Flint.
Freeland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the 11th of April. We are not from Flint and traveled from about an hour away, in which a friend of ours recommended this motel to us based on the advertised price of $39.99 per night. When we arrived, the pregnant girl at the front desk told us they had just experienced a fire and the rooms for the price of $39.99 were not available. She stated the only rooms they had would be $59.99. My husband complained that the fire was not our fault. We felt we should have only been charged the advertised price which she would not honor. We were not familar with the area, it was late so we regretfully paid for the room anyway. Then as we left our room a cpl times the damn door wouldn't lock...yeah just what we needed to over pay for a room and on top of that have security issues also!!

Room Tip: Call ahead to make they will honor the advertised room rates so you don't experience what we did...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review about Red Roof Inn Flint. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. The fire was contained to our maintenance office and didn't have any effect on our rates. The front desk staff should have provided a better explanation for you. I'm sorry I wasn't able to meet with you personally. Safety and Security is very important to me as well, so I hope you reported the door issue upon checkout so it could be repaired immediately. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Flint hotels

Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at this property in early April, 2013. Very good price/value. Very friendly staff both at check in and check out. Due to noise from Miller Road, ask for a room on the back side of Bldg # 1 or any room in Bldg # 2. Excellent choice for a quick overnight stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the positive review. The front desk guest service representatives work hard to assure our guests are well taken care of. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge them. I hope to see you back again soon!
Warren, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here as part of a shopping trip to Birch Run with my wife. The staff was very friendly, and the room was clean comfortable, with a large King sized bed and big, flat screen television. In room, coffee, a microwave and refrigerator were also in the room. There is plenty of nice dining nearby, and it's close to the Interstate, but road noise was not a problem.

This location has recently updated its rooms and they are very nice. It's great that Red Roof allows pets without an additional fee, and our dog was confortable as well.

You can't do better for the value or convenience in Flint.

Room Tip: If you need it, you can request an ADA accessible room. It helped my wife who has a knee problem.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I'm happy to hear that you, your wife and your dog enjoyed staying at Red Roof Inn Flint. Thank you for noticing the upgrades we have done to our rooms recently. I look forward to seeing you back here on your next shopping trip to Birch Run.

Been to Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport? Share your experiences!