“Ripoff!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in Flint
Michigan
“Ripoff!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Booked the Advance Pay rate, which means my credit card was charged immediately. Arrived a week later for an event in Flint. Checked out the next morning and was charged again. I called and was told Jeff Cobb, manager, would call me back. Never did. I then emailed. Jeff Cobb emailed back, said he would look into it and would call me the next day. Again- never did. Five days later I emailed again and got no response. I called the 800 number. They said that Jeff Cobb reported I checked in, checked out the next morning then immediately booked another room but was a no show. Huh??? How does that even make sense?

This place is nasty, creepy, dirty, employees are rude. Zero stars!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your review. I pride myself on returning phone calls and emails in a timely manner and apologize for not meeting your expectations. Despite the billing issue, I hope you will give us another opportunity to accomodate you in the future.

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
sault ste marie mi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

desk clerk was so rude when told that she had a very bad attitude she then became irate and nasty rude. i called her a name under my breath in the foyer and she came running out from behind the counter and screamed at me told me she was going to call the police. then she took a different approach she said that she was uncomfortable and i should go someplace else. talked to mgr said i should apologize to her. guest relations was no help said that the corrective measures have been taken. when asked what measures could not tell me. told me jeff cobb tried to call me but did not have my phone number. strange its on my redi card on the form i filled out and with guest relations. from the sounds of this he has nothing to say to defend the actions of his motel which is drug infested and has a high amount of ladies of the night and day there. I've stayed here since 2008 often because it was different back then. since this new manager what happened jeff. this was on 9/16/2012

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Flint hotels

Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was my 3rd time staying here with my daughter who runs the race every year. I initially looked for a convenient, reasonably priced place as it was just going to be somewhere to sleep. Despite the unfavorable reviews, we stayed here and never had a problem. However, this time I felt very uncomfortable and decided this was our last time. Next year, we will look for someplace else.

As far as a place to sleep, it's OK. The beds and pillows were comfy. The AC worked great. The WIFI was spotty. There were no problems with noise or other guests. The room was clean.

Upon check-in, the clerk was friendly. There was a man at the desk with her who I assumed was the manager. He totally ignored me. While she checked me in, he spoke to her in a derogatory way. I felt it was inappropriate and probably could have waited until I left the area.

After I checked in, we drove the car around and began to take out our bags from the trunk. I looked up and saw the same man watching us. This was just within a few minutes so he must have left the front office right behind me to walk to the back and get there as we arrived with the car. Maybe it was nothing but it creeped me out. Being 2 females alone, I like of worry more than I probably should.

Inside the room, on the back of the door, there was a racial statement written in marker. The allegation of the statement did not concern me. I was more concerned that the motel itself did not remove the statement.

Like I said, we stayed here 3 times now. Had these few things not occurred, we probably would stay again. But, I think it's time we move on to something else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your TripAdvisor response. As the Inn manager, I wear many different hats. It was a hectic day and I was spending alot of time out on the property inspecting rooms, behind the front desk, etc. I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. It is my hope that you will change your mind and return to Red Roof Inn Flint next year.
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Walked in and walked right back out! Room was dirty, people making out in cars in the parking lot, walls were dirty, crack in the door, air conditioner was gross, carpet has no words to describe the filth, holes in the room chair!! Wouldnt stay here for free!!!! Will upload pics to show some of this mess once we return home

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for your response. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations.
Carleton Place, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I feel a bit torn on my review of Red Roof Inn, as I stayed there two different time (on the way to and from our final destination). The first stay I was very happy. Because I was travelling with my dog, I was assigned to a room with no one staying on either side, which was thoughtful and appreciated. Although the motel is obvious outdated, it was clean and comfortable, and at only $50 it was a fantastic deal. I left our first stay feeling great about our stay and immediately booked a night on our return trip. However, my experience was not as great on the return. The room smelled of smoke (despite being a "non-smoking" room), we were placed in a crowded area of the hotel, despite having informed the front desk that we had a dog and would like a room away from other people. The room was not clean. However, that being said, because my first experience was so good, I would give this motel another chance. On both stays, the room was quiet, the wireless was great, the room was cheap, and there was a great lawn space for my dog. Overall, I think it's worth a shot.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with pets, request a room along the back side for quick and convenient access...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your response and am pleased that you're willing to come back and give us the opportunity to provide better service. Thank you.
Highland Park, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Having been forced to stay at this place by requirement of hotel assignment by Regional Soccer Tournament, I arrived late evening to a smelly/smoky room. Friends who had checked in earlier witnessed people coming and going into a room as a different car pulled up and left in minutes many times over just a couple hours. After being told don't let your children going out of room after dark at check in, something is up with place. After a very uncomfortable night of sleep we never came back and found a cleaner better hotel closer to tournament site. 1 family decided to stay behind and stay another night only to have their children witness 10 Police chasing a person who had robbed someone in hotel. Guns were drawn and the robber was apprehended in middle of parking lot. Children witnessed this horrible scene and all went running to their rooms. Refunds were at first denied as we were forced to pre pay but because of convention bureau help were eventually had our cards refunded. This place is a scummy, drug infested crack house hotel. Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We did, however, honor our Hassle-Free Guarantee and refunded your entire stay for the inconvenience.
Houghton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I recently was travelling from Northern MI and wanted to stay at a place convenient to the highway and inexpensive. I found the Red Roof Inn to be just what I was looking for! The staff was very pleasant and my room was clean. I read some of the other reviews and had NONE of the experiences that some of the other reviews noted. This was a great place to stay and I look forward to returning when I head back up north!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind response. I look forward to seeing you back here again in the future.

Been to Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport? Share your experiences!