“GOOD STAY” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Southaven Ms
“GOOD STAY”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed on two different occasions in December 2011 for a total of eleven days. The staff was great, very pleasant, enjoyed the stays. The furnishings are becoming tired and worn.but the rooms were clean.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Quispamsis, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the very first time a few days ago. We did not know what to expect as we had not heard of Baymont Inns before. What a pleasant surprise! The room was modern,clean and well equipped. The king size bed was like floating on a cloud. Desk manager and housekeeping staff were extremely polite and helpful. The deluxe continental breakfast was just that, a variety of choices that would rival any hotel. Next door within walking distance a Cracker Barrel Retraunt was located which made it so convenient for dinner. A wonderful experience I highly reccomend.
R. McK. Quispamsis NB Canada

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel a few years ago, at the time we were fairly impressed especially when you compared to other options in the Flint area. Stayed here again last weekend while visiting family and the hotel has gone downhill. The first thing you noticed when checking in was the receptionist couldn't help us until she finished texting. When we finally got a room it had a huge stain on the carpet, the beds loked like they had been made by a 5 year old, and every piece of furniture seem to have something broke on it. The walls and ceiling must be paper thin, well that or we had a herd of elephants staying on the floor above us. Fortunately for us all we did was sleep in the hotel, and when you consider the rate it was reasonably priced.

It's not the worst place I've ever stayed and maybe I would recommend it for someone looking to save money and it still have the place to lay down. I know next time we go to Flint we will be staying at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2011
Farmington Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

With a family member coming into the Flint airport on a late flight, I decided to book a hotel for overnight. I checked guest reviews and prices and settled on the Baymont Inn. I'm glad I did. Not only did I get a great rate (thanks AARP!), but I had a comfortable room in a safe area, plus breakfast! Check-in went smoothly with a very pleasant front desk clerk. I had some trouble with my room key (the locks are a little touchy...cant be too slow or too fast with the electronics), but the young woman even came up to my room and helped me open the door. She even offered to bring a new key up to me! The pool and the jacuzzi were fine. The breakfast was ok - toaster waffles and french toast, plus bagels, danish and cereal. A couple of types of fruit, but no real hot items and no protein. (Carb watchers, beware!) There is a Meijer store across the main road (kind of like a regional Walmart) and several places to eat, including a Cracker Barrel that's next to the hotel. I never heard the freeway traffic at all while inside the hotel. Location is great - about 10 minutes north of the airport and about 15 minutes south of the Outlets at Birch Run/Frankenmuth exit. All in all, a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Woodstock, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Room was very clean - hotel in general was very clean. Location - great - right next door to Cracker Barrel and Meijers across the street.
Room rate was very reasonable.
Would stay again while visiting Flint.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Found this hotel off the highway while traveling through Flint. Very good customer service! Room was clean, fresh, and had new updated furniture.

• Stayed January 2011
New Buffalo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

My Mom, Brother and I decided to stay at the Baymont Inn in Flint, MI because it looked nicer than the surrounding hotels...but we were very wrong. When we walked into the room, there were bugs in the room. We then discovered that there was an 11 year old's birthday party going on across the hallway. This is normally not a problem except the hotel had security up knocking on the girls door at 3am and then 4am. There were girls running around all night and nothing was done about it. We talked to the General Manager Mike M and he told us that it was only 25% off our hotel stay for noise. He also stated that they normally kick out noisy guests but made an exception for the group of 11 year olds who were running all over the hotel without parents. Our hotel stay was horrible and the whole place smelled of smoke, which I am allergic to. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010

Been to Baymont Inn Flint? Share your experiences!