“Great hotel - great value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Flint
Woodstock, Canada
“Great hotel - great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Room was very clean - hotel in general was very clean. Location - great - right next door to Cracker Barrel and Meijers across the street.
Room rate was very reasonable.
Would stay again while visiting Flint.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011 via mobile

Found this hotel off the highway while traveling through Flint. Very good customer service! Room was clean, fresh, and had new updated furniture.

• Stayed January 2011
New Buffalo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

My Mom, Brother and I decided to stay at the Baymont Inn in Flint, MI because it looked nicer than the surrounding hotels...but we were very wrong. When we walked into the room, there were bugs in the room. We then discovered that there was an 11 year old's birthday party going on across the hallway. This is normally not a problem except the hotel had security up knocking on the girls door at 3am and then 4am. There were girls running around all night and nothing was done about it. We talked to the General Manager Mike M and he told us that it was only 25% off our hotel stay for noise. He also stated that they normally kick out noisy guests but made an exception for the group of 11 year olds who were running all over the hotel without parents. Our hotel stay was horrible and the whole place smelled of smoke, which I am allergic to. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010

Travelers are raving about these Flint hotels

Saint Helen, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

Was coming back from a vacation down in Dundee and The Toledo Zoo and decided to stop at our little getaway. My husband and I have visited this hotel numerous times without the kids to have some alone time. We have always enjoyed our stay here. Great staff, great value! This time we just showed up without a reservation on Thursday of the Labor Day weekend....They accomodated us with a King room with a free roll-away bed...and the price was affordable, as usual. The gentleman at the front desk was extremely pleasant despite being VERY busy. Our family had a great night sleep in comfortable beds, clean rooms, and my son said the roll-away was very nice. Breakfast was nice with really good coffee. We will be coming back again and again as it is our favorite destination for a close to home weekend trip. The only small complaint I have is the pool was a little cold for our liking...not a huge deal. If you are thinking of staying here...do it!!! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

I came to your hotel on a Sunday July 26,2009 in the evening time, the greeter wasn't pleasant at all but I knew I had no other choice at this time only because all the other hotel I contacted was booked due to the Buick Golf Opening, When she finally checked me into the room 115 or 105 I can't remember, I opened the door and it smell of urine. Straight and Strong. I walked back over to that desk and told her, I'm not sleeping in that room, If your agency is going to be pet friendly clean, nope pull up the carpet. ok then I was given another room 309. The elevator wasn't clean at all, but wait you would think one day out of my week stay they would clean it -nope. (Sweep nor Mopped). My room smell of old mildew. I ask for the room to be dusked, I'm a heart patient (Looking at me you would never assume but I honestly don't have to share that information but the dusk enters the air and it bother me alot ) . You could see it on the bottom of the chair at the desk and on the chair in the room. I'm not pleased at all with your hotel. On Wednesday I wasn't feeling to good so I was in the room about 5:20 pm who ever was in the room over my head stomp,walked all night long at least until 4:30 am. I work days therefore I get up at 6:00am I didn't get any sleep that night. I would never tell anyone to stay their while visting Flint. A matter of fact I told my boss if I have to go do business in Flint ever again make sure U don't book a room with the Baymont Hotel. You need to really improve your service and cleaniness. I will said their was one female that worked for your company - I want to say Wednesday night and Thursday Morning very Customer Service. Friday morning I asked to use the Fax Machine it was broke. I'm not a complainer but this was the worst business trip ever. I was so happy to go home. Baymont Good Bye and I don't ever want to meet U again in my life.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

The first thing I noticed was the smell when we walked into the hotel...by the end of the stay, I got used to it, but you would still notice the smell. The second thing was the poor customer service. The guest service agent was too busy at first to help us (smoking outside). The third thing I noticed was how terrible the room smelled and looked. The outside looks new, but the inside is just downright terrible. Everything is outdated, the bathroom is too small and the overall appearance just made me want to leave. I would never stay here again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Columbus, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

We stayed in this hotel the weekend of the Crim running race and it was pretty expensive for what we got - over $100 and the room was pretty beat up and the bathroom was very dingy. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room. The blankets in our nonsmoking room had burn holes, the pillows were really old and lumpy, the trash was overflowing in the cans at the hotel entrance, and the guy who checked us in (it was late, 11:30 pm) was wearing a head scarf, T-shirt, and jeans. A guy in Baymont clothing was sitting on the couch watching TV with some friends. The location was good since it was close to a Cracker Barrel, but I think I'll try somewhere else for my next visit. I am not sure what else is available in Flint but I think there has to be somewhere better.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Condition of room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Baymont Inn Flint? Share your experiences!