“Great Location, Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 11 sites
Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Flint Airport to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Flint Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6075 Hill 23 Drive, Flint, MI 48507 (Formerly AmericInn Motel & Suites)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Get 15% Off Your Stay
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Location, Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I really like this hotel. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and fairly priced. The location has many restaurants nearby. My only (small) complaint is that we could hear some noises in our room such as guests talking in the hall and water running above us (we had a first floor room). I would recommend this hotel to a friend!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Debby570, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Flint Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for writing a review on our property. We appreciate all comments...good..bad and OH NO!!!
I am sorry that the noise level was a bit much. Sometimes people in the hallways do not think about the fact that there are other guests in the hotel. Unfortunately I can not do anything about you hearing running water from about you. It is a design flaw from when the hotel was built. If possible, next time you may want to consider a 3rd floor room. There would be no one above you.
Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Flint and we hope you will be our guest again in the future.

Debby Gadany CTIS]
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Horton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here July 12 after seeing Aretha at DTE Music Theater. The staff are great, very personable and friendly. The room was fine except for 2 things. The mattress was encased in a plastic covering and the sheets just would not stay in place. We woke up several times during the night to find that the bottom sheet had slid toward the middle of the bed and we were laying on the plastic. Also, the bathroom floor was extremely slippery, I'm not sure why. It is a tile floor and didn't appear to have a high gloss finish. It was almost like Armor-all had been applied to the floor. But as I said, the staff is very nice and if we hadn't had the 2 problems I would have given 5 stars.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Debby570, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Flint Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your recent review on Americas Best Value Inn Flint. We appreciate the fact that you mentioned our friendly staff, after all hospitality is all about being friendly!

The room you stayed in actually is a handicap room and we keep the mattresses in those rooms wrapped in plastic. We are working with housekeeping to find a solution to the sheets coming off in the middle of the night.
I also let the housekeeping supervisor know about the slippery bathroom floor. She apologized for that and will speak to the attendants to be sure that they are checking to be sure that they are using the correct cleaning solution. We certainly do not want anyone slipping in the bathroom.

We appreciate you taking the time to write the review because this lets us know about the problem(s) in the room. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

Best regards
Debby Gadany
Longview, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I think that you should pat your staff on the back. There is something about the cheerfulness of people that can make a less than perfect stay much better.

Our check in was easy and the gentleman at the desk was so very friendly. We got to our room and unpacked a bit before taking the children swimming. Our room didn't seem to be cooling off, but we didn't worry about it right away. The entire room seemed to have a damp feeling to it. I thought I might have been imagining it, but then my 10 year old asked why the sheets on the bed felt wet on top. It was odd...and yucky feeling.

While looking at the ac to turn it up, I noticed that it is damaged badly. Also, it was filthy!! It really isn't hard to run a rag over the unit...especially between the slats. It is disconcerting to think of breathing all of that.

On our way to the pool, I stopped to mention to the desk clerk that our room didn't seem to be cooling off. He immediately offered to change the room and help us find one we liked. I appreciated his willingness to jump right up and help. I told him not to worry about it, that we'd check it after we were done swimming.

Now, the swimming....the pool, while very large, was gross. It was murky and the bottom was dirty. You could even see on the steps that it hadn't been (or hadn't appeared to have been) cleaned in a very long time. I didn't get in, but my husband is more adventurous that I am...and children will swim in anything! I stayed on the side for a bit, but the overpowering smell of chlorine sent me back to the room. Also, when my daughter came back to the room, the bottom of her toes were torn up. My husband said that there are lots of spots in the pool where the bottom is horribly rough. I'm glad she didn't get ill.

Upon returning to the room, the super nice desk guy called to ask about the temperature. How thoughtful of him to notice that I was heading back, and taking the initiative to check on our comfort. Fortunately, the room cooled off nicely.

My husband and I had coffee that night and it was very good. The clerk noticed that I was making a cup and that the creamer was out. He tried very hard to get a new bottle working (it was the pump kind), but it didn't want to cooperate. That was fine. His offer was enough.

Breakfast was very good. There was eggs and a potato hash (I had never seen that at a hotel before!) in addition to the usual breakfast fare. When the hash ran out, the desk clerk (a new gentleman) rushed over to make more. We didn't ask him, he just noticed a need and jumped on it. My daughter was happy because she really enjoyed it. Who knew?!

So, if it were not for the staff, I would have rated this hotel a 2/5. I would not stay here again, but feel sad about it. If only the facility was a wonderful as those running it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Debby570, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Flint Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and voicing your concerns about some issues. We do appreciate it very much. I am just sorry that you stated that you would not be staying with us again in the future. I wish you would reconsider and give us a second chance.
Now to the issues....as for wet sheets?? I am not sure about that other than in Michigan the humidity is very high. This will sometimes cause this problem. As for the ac unit being dirty. I have let housekeeping know and they will be sure to be wiping down ALL ac units in ALL the rooms from now on. Thank you for bringing that problem to our attention.
As for the pool...I know that this week the pool has had an exceptional amount of use...more than usual at all times of the day. Our pool is cleaned just after midnight each night and with so many people using it throughout the day...it is hard to keep it clean and they do add extra chlorine to compensate for the heavy use.
As for the hash on the breakfast bar...we try to change things up so not to be the same ol' thing on there every day. Glad your daughter liked it.
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff...I will pass them on.
Please reconsider this hotel in the future. We would love the chance to prove to you that what you experienced this time...is not a normal experience for this hotel.
Director of Sales& Marketing
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed here on July 5th for one night on way from Chicago to Toronto. Check in was fast and friendly. Had a nice modern, looks to be newly renovated room on the 1st floor. I was surprised as I've never had a hotel that i "liked" in the Flint area. I'm so happy I took a chance with this hotel and will defiantly be going back in the future when I need a hotel in Flint. Walmart and restaurants close by and this hotel is right off the highway. Free breakfast was a great start to the day too!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Debby570, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Flint Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor about our hotel. We are very happy that you took a chance on us and that you were very pleased. We'll look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Best regards;
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I was worried about staying here because everyone we encountered in and around Flint, MI were rude and disrespectful. We got in very late, around midnight, the staff had everything ready for us. They answered every question we had, the room was very clean, the temperature was perfect and it was nice and quiet. The rest of our stay was perfect. The staff greeted us everyday and made sure we had everything we needed. I needed a plunger and in 2 minutes Maintenance was at my door with a plunger. He fixed the issue and cleaned up after himself. ABVI came thru for us again!

• Stayed June 2014
Debby570, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Flint Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We truly appreciate it.

I am sad to hear that you found the people in Flint to be unfriendly and rude but happy that my staff made a much better impression! Please know that not every one who lives in Flint are rude and unpleasant. When I encounter someone that is, I always wonder what is so wrong in their life that makes them that way?

I am sorry that you had an problem and needed a plunger and happy to hear that maint. was there right away to take care of the problem. Energy saving "low flow" toilets can be a problem sometimes.

I hope that we will have the chance to be your host again in the near future.

London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed for 1 night as I passed through Flint. The service was great from all staff. Sherri (I think) at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. My room was clean and comfortable. Worth the reasonable rates easily.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the parking lot side, as the freeway side can be a bit noisy at night.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Debby570, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Flint Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were passing through Flint. I am happy that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel and the helpfulness of our staff. We feel that those are 2 of the most important standards of a hotel.
We hope if you have the opportunity to travel back this way in the future, that you will be our guest again and thank you also for taking the time to write this review on the hotel. We wish more guests would do the same.
Director of Sales & Marketing
The late great state of Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Good price, pool water was cold, no hot tub but has a whirlpool that has cool water also. Sauna was broken. Older hotel, carpet needs replaced in room. Staff was very nice and helpful with requests. Breakfast was typical free style. If you don't care about swimming, the price was excellent to sleep in a clean room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Debby570, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Flint Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I must apologize for the pool and hot tub being cold. We recently experienced problems with the heaters and had problems finding the parts to fix them.
We realize that our carpeting is in need of replacement and that is in the plans for later this year. We do however shampoo the carpets frequently to maintain cleanliness.
We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again in the future.
Debby Gadany

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Flint Airport? Share your experiences!