“Good service and clean property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Good service and clean property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed one night on our way to Canada. It was in a good location off the highway and a safe area. The front-desk staff was very nice and helped us find a place to eat and suggested we eat out on the patio. They had a nicely kept up basketball and tennis court where you could ask for a ball at the front desk and play (just bring bug spray). The pool was nice and clean but no hot tub. Breakfast was clean and well-maintained and consistent with this property with make your own waffles, fruit, cereal, eggs and meat, and baked goods. The only complaint I have is that we called to ask for an extra blanket and they said they didn't have one. I suggested they get one from an unused room and she said they couldn't do that. The ended up bringing in a duvet cover which was pretty-much useless since our kids were hoping to use it as an extra pad on the springy pull out couch mattress. Overall a good value, good location, and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Usually we tend to stay at Homewood Suites due to the size of our family and membership in their points club, but this was very similar and the price was lower. So we decided to give it a try. It's nice to see that hotel chains are finally catching on that people would rather not be packed up like sardines. We like kitchens and bedrooms. The hotel was nice, although a little spread out. All areas and the room were clean. We were greeted nicely on check-in and provided extra blankets when we asked. The lady at the check-in was extra friendly! Breakfast was typical for a free buffet and was decent. We only stayed overnight on our way to Canada and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ho, Ghana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was in the area for four consecutive weeks for work. This is the first hotel I've stayed in that I felt was worth the dollars. It is set up like a small apartment with a living room, full kitchen (minus the oven) and a separate bedroom and bathroom. The staff was super attentive (even going as far as buying a smaller pan for me so that my eggs wouldn't burn in the morning) and the hotel had everything I need. I fully suggest this hotel for extended stays! I will be staying here again when I come back for my follow-up.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Robyn I, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that your stay with the Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc was enjoyable. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and we are pleased to learn that we were able to provide that experience for you. I have shared your positive feedback with the entire staff. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Flint area.
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed for three nights at this hotel, and I loved every minute of it. It was quite possibly one of the cleanest hotels that I have ever stayed at. I spent a lot of time in the room, as my purpose in staying here was to have some time to myself to write. The housekeeping staff were very personable and accommodating in that they cleaned the room on my schedule.
Breakfast was great, and the breakfast attendant was friendly. Perhaps the best experience I had was at the front desk. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the front desk agent who assisted me (she was oriental), but she gave the best guest service of anyone I have ever encountered in a hotel (and I am a former General Manager). She was very polite, knowledgeable, and efficient. She handled multiple requests at one time from different people with ease, and made them all feel important.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
Incidentally, I think that staying at a Residence Inn has ruined me for the majority of hotel franchises out there... the design of the room and the amenities offered make other products pale in comparison.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Robyn I, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to recognize (Lalida) one of our staff members who provided you with “The Best Guest Service Of Anyone.” Our staff members take great pride in providing each and every guest with outstanding guest service and quality guestrooms. I have shared your positive feedback with the entire staff. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Flint area.
Flint, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for about a week, due to our home getting remodel. The beds were very uncomfortable; the kitchenette countertop were was nice. All the pots and pans were not available. Housekeeping only cleaned our room once and I had to hunt her down. They ran out of towels and dishwasher detergent and several other items. Housekeeping stated that they don't have the cleaning product they need. The breakfast was ok;The hotel staff was very friendly, but I can't say the same about their Asst. and General Manager. They were was prejudice toward teenage black boys.

Room Tip: 2nd floor have laundry room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Robyn I, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
My staff and I were very disheartened to read your comments below and can only say that had you made any one of our staff aware of your concerns we would have certainly done everything we could to rectify the situation. Please know that I will be sharing your comments with our housekeepers as a reminder that they should be checking the stock of supplies in each room to ensure an adequate supply. Also, we will be doing some retraining with our guest service representatives to make sure they are letting our guests know that they can call us at any time if they run out of anything in their room. Unfortunately I am not sure what prompted your last comment but would welcome a telephone call from you so that I may explore this further. Please accept our apologies that the accommodations were not up to your expectation.
Tunnel Hill, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I booked this hotel because I could get a one bedroom at a reasonable price. The lobby and breakfast area were dated as were the halls. The actual room had been recently renovated and was quite nice. The sound-proofing wasn't really great and I could hear people coming and going all night. There wasn't anything terrible, but there are better places. It was a good short drive to the Flint airport which was nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Robyn I, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you found your room recently renovated and quite nice. We apologize that you experienced an issue with noise during your stay with us. We do appreciate your feedback regarding the need for better sound proofing. I have discussed this issue with the maintenance engineer and plans are in place to improve the overall sound proofing of the rooms. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Flint area.

Been to Residence Inn Flint? Share your experiences!