“Another good stay at this location.” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2202 West Hill Road, Flint, MI 48507   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 17 hotels in Flint
jtavessude
“Another good stay at this location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Spent the weekend of 6/22/2013 here with family. This is one of many stays I have had at this property. Overall the weekend was good and what I expect from the Marriott chains. The front desk staff was great on arrival, the room was well kept and the property was quiet. Some QC from the management staff on the housekeeping (bathroom sanitizing) is in order. Nothing bad, but it wasnt quite up to snuff for what I would expect here. Pool was great, breakfast was great and daily housekeeping was good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Robyn I, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your compliments with the staff. Please know that I will be speaking with the Executive Housekeeper regarding a solution on improving our overall bathroom quality. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Flint area.

Robyn Ingalls

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The staff was helpful in planning our day. Gave us good directions to the Longway Planateriam, Sloan Museum and Buick Gallery. Paid one price for all three. The breakfast the next morning was great. Needed a connection for my GPS, and people in office able to help me out. Comfortable room, except noisy from kids running in hall. Pleased with most aspects of our stay in Flint.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor, because of the elephants that happen to stay above if you don't
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff to be helpful and accomodating. I have shared your compliments with the staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed at the property on a recent visit to Flint for a class reunion. The entire property is very clean and convenient to both I-75 and US-23. The rooms were very clean and spacious - nothing extraordinary but exactly what you would expect at any Residence Inn. Our room was quieter although it was at the front of the hotel and we occasionally hear the load truck/car/motorcycle on the main street the other side of the parking lot. (Even though close to the interstate we heard no highway noise.) Are only complaint was with one of the outside floodlights. The building has floodlights illuminating it at night (as most commercial buildings do) but one of the lights shone *directly* into our room making it never very dark in our room despite the heavy blackout shades we pulled across the main window. This wasn't a show-stopper for us but if you are sensitive to something like this you would not like the room. There is a large supermarket about one or two miles from the property so you can stock up the kitchen in your room if you so desire.

Room Tip: Rooms not on the front will be quieter and darker (see my review for that to make sense).
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Joanna S, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Kevin W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am truly sorry about the light that was shining in your room. I will speak with our maintenance to find a solution for this issue. Thank you for all of the other positive feedback. We look forward to your return so we can serve you in the future.

Thank you again for writing the review!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were headed up to Flint for a long weekend and needed a place to stay. I tried bidding on Priceline but nobody would accept my offer. I ended up booking an Express Deal for the Residence Inn.

The hotel is in a good area near Meier and plenty of restaurants. The hotel is clean and modern. Check in and check out was quick and easy. Our room was more like a studio with a living room area, a desk, a kitchen with a small table and a separate area with a king size bed. The bathroom had the sink on the outside and their was a huge closet. The kitchen was equipped with pots and pans, etc. This would be great if you had an extended stay or small children and wanted to save money and cook in your room.

The hotel has a small indoor pool and a small workout gym. I also know they allow dogs because I saw a few outside.

They served up breakfast in the morning. It was not bad. They had a hot section which included scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage and biscuits and gravy. They had a spot to make waffles (all the toppings were there), they had toast, English muffins, bagels, donuts and muffins. They had oatmeal (with all the toppings). Four kinds of cereal, fruit salad, yogurt and apples and bananas. They also had coffee, tea, hot chocolate and juice. I recommend going down to breakfast when it first opens (if you need to be up early) or about 20 minutes before they close up because it is less crowded.

Overall this was a nice place to stay. Good value for the money.

We visited the Whaley Museum, the Flint Institute of Arts, the Sloan Museum and the Buick Automotive Gallery, Donna's Donuts, Stepping Stone Falls, Historic Saginaw Street and the Carriage Town Historic District and we ate at El Potrero.

We also took a drive to Fenton, Burton and Grand Blanc for some antique shopping and to visit some garden centers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mcmarto,

Thank you so much for writing the review on our hotel. We truly appreciate the positivie feedback!
I am very happy that your room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Our staff takes pride in providing great Residence Inn service. We look foward to your return and can't wait to serve you in the future.

Thank you again!

key west, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Staff is top notch and that is most important to me. Mattresses could use updating but I have slept on worse for lots more money. They take pets another must for me. Grandson really enjoys the waffles with peanut butter. I love the restaurant next door, Thompson creek. I'll review them next. Happy traveling.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Collye,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review for our hotel and thank you so much for the positive feedback. Our staff takes pride in providing great Residence Inn service and I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We look forward to your return and to serve you in the future.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us.

Kalamazoo, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Furniture was definitely worn and needs replacing. I also felt like the room needed a good scrubbing: the heat registers were dusty, there were some spots on the walls, the windowsills looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a while. The drain plug in the bathtub was broken. The hot tub was closed the entire 4 days we were there. We stayed over Easter weekend and we were warned when we checked in that there would be no housekeeping on Easter Sunday which we understood. But there was no compensation offered at all. We paid $179 for a 2 bedroom suite which seemed very high for what we got. On the plus side, the service was good. All employees were helpful and friendly. The location is good and there are a lot of restaurants and shopping nearby. All in all not one of the nicer Residence Inns I have stayed at.

Room Tip: We were at the opposite end of the building and it was a long walk to the lobby area for breakfast a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Joanna S, Manager at Residence Inn Flint, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear GeezerMom,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback and I am sorry your stay was anything but perfect! I have shared the housekeeping issues with our supervisor to ensure these items are resolved and they are not repeated in the furture. I would be like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the issues you encountered please contact me at 810-424-7000.

Thank you again for your review and the great comments about the staff! We look forward to serving you in the future.

Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I think the management and front desk staff is amongst the best I've experienced. They layout of the room is great. The couch and chair in the sitting room is very uncomfortable and worn-- almost dirty. It needs to be replaced.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kim H,

Thank you for your positive feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and thank you for noticing how wonderful the staff is, I will be sure to share our comments with our entire staff. Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the comfort and cleanliness of the furniture, I am very sorry the furniture was not cleaned prior to your arrival. I will make sure this is resolved quickly and not repeated in the future.

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn of Flint and we look forward to serving you in the future!

810-424-7000

Been to Residence Inn Flint? Share your experiences!