“Great Place To Relax” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Great Place To Relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed at the property on a recent visit to Flint for a class reunion. The entire property is very clean and convenient to both I-75 and US-23. The rooms were very clean and spacious - nothing extraordinary but exactly what you would expect at any Residence Inn. Our room was quieter although it was at the front of the hotel and we occasionally hear the load truck/car/motorcycle on the main street the other side of the parking lot. (Even though close to the interstate we heard no highway noise.) Are only complaint was with one of the outside floodlights. The building has floodlights illuminating it at night (as most commercial buildings do) but one of the lights shone *directly* into our room making it never very dark in our room despite the heavy blackout shades we pulled across the main window. This wasn't a show-stopper for us but if you are sensitive to something like this you would not like the room. There is a large supermarket about one or two miles from the property so you can stock up the kitchen in your room if you so desire.

Room Tip: Rooms not on the front will be quieter and darker (see my review for that to make sense).
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Joanna S, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Kevin W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am truly sorry about the light that was shining in your room. I will speak with our maintenance to find a solution for this issue. Thank you for all of the other positive feedback. We look forward to your return so we can serve you in the future.

Thank you again for writing the review!

810-424-7000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were headed up to Flint for a long weekend and needed a place to stay. I tried bidding on Priceline but nobody would accept my offer. I ended up booking an Express Deal for the Residence Inn.

The hotel is in a good area near Meier and plenty of restaurants. The hotel is clean and modern. Check in and check out was quick and easy. Our room was more like a studio with a living room area, a desk, a kitchen with a small table and a separate area with a king size bed. The bathroom had the sink on the outside and their was a huge closet. The kitchen was equipped with pots and pans, etc. This would be great if you had an extended stay or small children and wanted to save money and cook in your room.

The hotel has a small indoor pool and a small workout gym. I also know they allow dogs because I saw a few outside.

They served up breakfast in the morning. It was not bad. They had a hot section which included scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage and biscuits and gravy. They had a spot to make waffles (all the toppings were there), they had toast, English muffins, bagels, donuts and muffins. They had oatmeal (with all the toppings). Four kinds of cereal, fruit salad, yogurt and apples and bananas. They also had coffee, tea, hot chocolate and juice. I recommend going down to breakfast when it first opens (if you need to be up early) or about 20 minutes before they close up because it is less crowded.

Overall this was a nice place to stay. Good value for the money.

We visited the Whaley Museum, the Flint Institute of Arts, the Sloan Museum and the Buick Automotive Gallery, Donna's Donuts, Stepping Stone Falls, Historic Saginaw Street and the Carriage Town Historic District and we ate at El Potrero.

We also took a drive to Fenton, Burton and Grand Blanc for some antique shopping and to visit some garden centers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mcmarto,

Thank you so much for writing the review on our hotel. We truly appreciate the positivie feedback!
I am very happy that your room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Our staff takes pride in providing great Residence Inn service. We look foward to your return and can't wait to serve you in the future.

Thank you again!

key west, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Staff is top notch and that is most important to me. Mattresses could use updating but I have slept on worse for lots more money. They take pets another must for me. Grandson really enjoys the waffles with peanut butter. I love the restaurant next door, Thompson creek. I'll review them next. Happy traveling.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Collye,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review for our hotel and thank you so much for the positive feedback. Our staff takes pride in providing great Residence Inn service and I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We look forward to your return and to serve you in the future.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us.

Kalamazoo, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Furniture was definitely worn and needs replacing. I also felt like the room needed a good scrubbing: the heat registers were dusty, there were some spots on the walls, the windowsills looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a while. The drain plug in the bathtub was broken. The hot tub was closed the entire 4 days we were there. We stayed over Easter weekend and we were warned when we checked in that there would be no housekeeping on Easter Sunday which we understood. But there was no compensation offered at all. We paid $179 for a 2 bedroom suite which seemed very high for what we got. On the plus side, the service was good. All employees were helpful and friendly. The location is good and there are a lot of restaurants and shopping nearby. All in all not one of the nicer Residence Inns I have stayed at.

Room Tip: We were at the opposite end of the building and it was a long walk to the lobby area for breakfast a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Joanna S, Manager at Residence Inn Flint, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear GeezerMom,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback and I am sorry your stay was anything but perfect! I have shared the housekeeping issues with our supervisor to ensure these items are resolved and they are not repeated in the furture. I would be like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the issues you encountered please contact me at 810-424-7000.

Thank you again for your review and the great comments about the staff! We look forward to serving you in the future.

Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I think the management and front desk staff is amongst the best I've experienced. They layout of the room is great. The couch and chair in the sitting room is very uncomfortable and worn-- almost dirty. It needs to be replaced.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kim H,

Thank you for your positive feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and thank you for noticing how wonderful the staff is, I will be sure to share our comments with our entire staff. Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the comfort and cleanliness of the furniture, I am very sorry the furniture was not cleaned prior to your arrival. I will make sure this is resolved quickly and not repeated in the future.

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn of Flint and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Cicero
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This has been my hotel of choice when visiting Flint for over 12 years now. We stay there about 2 or 3 times a year. While we sometimes don't partake of the breakfast, the fact that it is there is a great comfort when you are not quite ready to venture out for the day.
I have never had a bad experience with the hotel staff. They have always been gracious and friendly.
Since they recently increased their non-refundable pet fee we have been staying there less. We are conflicted because we don't want to stay at Motel 6 or Days Inn just because there is no pet fee, we feel that charging $100 to $150 for a pet cleaning fee per stay is very excessive and drives potential guests away from the hotel.
Each Residence Inn seems to be able to set there own pet fees. Maybe this one should change there policy to something more reasonable for "well-behaved" pets. Especially for repeat customers.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side of the hotel will hear some minimal road noise from where US 23 and US 75...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rhackley,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am so happy that you had a great experience with our staff and I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We truly value your comments regarding the pet policy and we will review our current policy to make sure it is reasonable.

Thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn of Flint and we look forward to serving you in the future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed in 2 bedroom suite with one other person. Kitchen was worn and not as clean as I would expect. Breakfast was OK., however staff on shift were loud and distracting to guests trying to have a quiet meal. Good location and helpful desk staff. Divine bed!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Aaen,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn. I am truly sorry the stay was anything but perfect! I am sharing these comments with the staff to ensure the issues are corrected. I am glad to hear that the bed provided a restful night and that the front desk was helpful.

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn of Flint and thank you again for your review. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

810-424-7000

Been to Residence Inn Flint? Share your experiences!