“very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

my daughter and i stayed during a softball tournament. we were informed of the excessive noise policy which may have offended some but it was nice to know that the hotel was concerned about all the guests' comfort. one of the gentlemen at the desk was also helpful finding a good restaurant for us. the hotel was clean and looked fairly new. scrambled eggs not fabulous.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We were not well rested this morning. We checked in after 11 pm. After first hearing the noisy air conditioner, I returned to the desk to seek help. The desk clerk told me that some units rattle because the filter is loose, and I should adjust the filter... no help. He didn't offer any other help or room change, and we were too tired to pursue it. Maybe because I was bummed, the mattress felt harder last night then during stays at other Hampton Inns. Didn't feel like a Dream Bed.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the West side, away from road noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
FNTGB, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback regarding your air conditioning unit. I would also like to apologize for the way that our staff handled this problem while you were here on property. I can assure you that this has been corrected and future guest will not run into this problem. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Flint as we would love for you to experience what Hampton is all about.

Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc
810-234-8400
Petoskey, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

There are Hamptons and then there are a few really good Hamptons. It is near the airport and the junction of all the intersecting Expressways. the staff was very responsive and helpful. The mini suite rooms are huge. they have a small kitchen,a living room with a partition desk area seperating it from the very comfortable bed. the bath is actually a two room split affair.We were happy with this find.There was a good business center, workout room, and a very large inside pool.

Room Tip: There is no traffic noise but avoid the bottom floor because all activities are on this floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I just had a quick night stay at the Flint Hampton Inn before catching an early flight the next morning. The hotel is very close to the airport and was a nice property with peaceful and comfortable rooms. Friendly front desk staff and good breakfast. Internet was super fast, so I was able to get some work done. There are plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had a bad experience at another hotel and the Hampton made a bad situation wonderful. We will stay here again. There is nothing bad to say about this hampton

• Stayed May 2012
Knoxville, TN USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

The king suite was very nice and spacious. Very clean. Excellent breakfast. The only negative was the SLOW Internet connection on the third floor. It took me about 30 minutes to log in, get a page up, login to my work computer and send one email! I then gave up in frustration. Other than that, this hotel was great!

• Stayed May 2012
Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

I couldn't believe how perfect my stay was-great desk and TV had beautiful resolution. Microwave, fridge, comfy bed, great breakfast with everything from healthy to, well, yummy with less emphasis on healthy;) this really struck me as a much nicer hotel than I remembered for the HI chain. I promptly emailed our office asst and stated "this place is a winner" so she would be sure to book it again when I or anyone else from the company comes to Flint. Super friendly front staff too. I think I had the king suite (?) no whirlpool or anything like that but a huge room, sofa bed and the above amenities. Great place!

Stayed March 2012

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!