“Cozy!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Detroit, MI
“Cozy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great food, good prices. Cozy little place. Everything was great but I would of liked to have a small side salad with my entree.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Grosse Ile, Michigan
“Very Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time here. The restaurant is in a strip mall and is much more than one might expect given the location. The inside is small, maybe 8 tables or so. The decor is nice but the three televisions mounted on the walls cheapen the place. Service was good and the menu, larger than one might expect. I had the Sicilian Pizza which is only available in a large size but wanted to try it and knew I would be taking most of it home. It was very good. The crust was outstanding and the toppings delicious. I managed three of the twelve slices so I have plenty for lunch for the rest of the week. My wife had a chicken salad and she gave it an "8" out of a maximum of "10". I look forward to trying other things on the menu in future visits. The portions at other tables appeared to be very large. We will probably split an entree next time. Busy place. My guess is lots of repeat customers. The owner/chef (are they the same?)could really improve by moving to a stand alone building. There needs to be a double door to protect patrons from the weather (not an issue in the Summer) but is necessary in Winter. Lose the tvs. Some vertical blinds to darken it up just a bit. Darling waitresses. Keep them.

Visited June 2013
Brownstown Township, Michigan
“Great food! Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Homemade delicious food. We have had alot of items on the menu and always loved everything! Someone in the comments mentioned no restroom, not true that person has to look for the door that has a picture of stick people on it that says restroom. As far as the chairs go next time ask for a high chair if your too small for the stool. As for the drinks there the waitress does refill them, was yours an alcoholic beverage because I don't think there is free refills on those! Any door you sit next to will be cold when someone opens it , otherwise the temperature is just fine there.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Boston, Michigan
“3rd time I've tried this place & I CANNOT understand the other raving reviews of it--is it the owner or staff giving it this hig”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

1) annoying TV blaring sports the whole time we're here & not 1 person is watching it. WHY IS IT HERE? WHY IS IT ON?
2) freezing cold. 1 pair of diners changed tables seeking a warmer er area. Another woman moved to a different chair at her table. 2/3 of customers were wearing their coats; two people went to their car to get their coats!
3) waitress hung over the back of chairs & leaned over tables as she took orders. At one table she was actually scratching her head OVER THE TABLE! Dear god, really?!
4) when she finally came back after my glass had been empty for 10 minutes, she said "are you doing ok here? Duh. Isn't it common sense to keep customers glasses filled?
5) no restrooms available for customers (I assume they consider us the "public" since we aren't employees?). Thought it was mandatory to have one in dine-in restaurants...
6) very uncomfortable "high" almost bar stool seating--I'm 5'3" & my husband is almost 6'. His feet didn't reach the floor and mine barely reached the wooden slat on the chair (so I was at least able to
rest them there).
7) food was so-so. Waitress said the pizzaburger sub was "great".
It was small and pretty dry. Husband's turkey club was better but the cheese had an odd taste and texture. Just not impressive

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln Park
“Great takeout option!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

my office orders out from Sammys every once in a while. During out recent spring cleaning event, we decided to order several pasta dishes to share. The Gnocchi with vodka sauce was amazing! it was a big hit in the office and we are all planning our next trip for take out. We also had the penne with meat sauce and melted cheese, garlic bread, michigan cherry salad and antipasto salald. They were large portions also!

• Visited March 2013