“Great food, lovely atmosphere, terrific hosts” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Michigan
“Great food, lovely atmosphere, terrific hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a table of 5 last sat night. Made reservation earlier, Josie (one of the owners) called to confirm herself the night before. Very hands on, involved owners. Seated immediately, ordered the antipasto which was fabulous, everybody loved everything! The mushroom gnocchi the best gnocchi I've ever had including Italy. 2 at our table had scallops and raved. Wine great too.
Josie and George (sp?) wonderful hosts...

• Visited September 2013

Royal Oak, Michigan
“Consistent, excellent food; great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been to Assaggi many times. The food is consistently excellent and the service is as well. I recommend Assaggi to any friends I have visiting as well as managers who are entertaining clients. I have visited other restaurants in this price range only to be disappointed by the food, service, or both. I have never been disappointed at Assaggi and will continue to be a regular diner.

• Visited August 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“assagi-ferndale”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

the food was good, but expensive. For what they charged... I would rather go to Morton;s, Capital Grill, Bacco, Flemings or Eddie Merlot's

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
“Great restaurant in Fabulous Ferndale!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Dined with 9 in our party and the food, service and selection was outstanding!! The service was attentive and fast. Food selection and preparation was creative and high quality. Talented chefs!! It was nice to see a menu that had two sizes to each entree. I am a lighter eater so this was great for me. Two of the men in the party had large appetites so the larger portion was very nice. Can't wait to go back!!

• Visited July 2013
Pleasant Ridge, Michigan
“Surprising Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is an overlooked gem in the heart of Ferndale. My wife, son and I dined here on a week day and were quite pleasantly surprised by both the quality of food and the high service level. We started with escargot which were delicious. The sauce was the right balance of garlicky and buttery and the snails were not too strong which you can sometimes get. I had the veal special, a quick seared scaloppini which a white-wine and artichoke sauce. Very summery flavors and a nice presentation.

The service was attentive without being over-bearing. My son is 4 years old, so it is a bit time consuming to get our orders ready. The wait staff checked in on us without hovering over our shoulders. Plus, they were kind enough to provide a free "Shirley Temple" to my son when they delivered our pre-prandials.

• Visited June 2013